The Florida Crime Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
There are just too many. They need their own thread.

Man throws Molotov cocktail at neighbor's trailer, but winds shift, setting his own cars ablaze

BITHLO, Fla. (AP) -- Authorities said a man threw a Molotov cocktail at his neighbor's trailer, but the wind shifted and set fire to two cars, a pickup and a travel trailer in the man's own yard. The Florida Highway Patrol reported that a 51-year-old man got into a fight with his neighbor on Tuesday night and threw the makeshift gasoline bomb.

Authorities believe alcohol was involved.

The man faces multiple charges, including arson. He was being held at the Orange County Jail.

Haha, thats awesome. There was a morning radio show who used to do a segment where they would read news stories and guess whether it was from Germany or Florida.

Where are these cities in FL? This must be in teh middle of the state somewhere out on the boonies.

I have never even heard of Bithlo, FL. I will admit there are definitely some back woods areas over here I have just never been to them. LOL it's making Florida sound like an episode of "My name is Earl."

Where are these cities in FL? This must be in teh middle of the state somewhere out on the boonies.

i was just thinking the same thing JB. so many times when these crazy stories come out they are in these small towns i have never even heard of, lol

Bithlo is a small town 20 miles east of Orlando on Hwy 520. Out in that no-man's land before you get to the I-95 corridor along the coast.

Last edited:
See above, and the edit reason - I meant I-95....:dohanim:

We have little cities in the desert that are just as bad, hell im sure every state does, but for some reason the ones in Florida always make national news.

We have little cities in the desert that are just as bad, hell im sure every state does, but for some reason the ones in Florida always make national news.

Because they are always bizarre.

But I will resurrect one from around here that could rival the Florida candidates:

Man Hurts Himself Trying to Loosen Lug Nut -- With a Shotgun

SOUTH KITSAP

A 66-year-old man shot himself in both his legs Saturday afternoon while trying to loosen a stubborn lug nut with a 12-gauge shotgun.

Kitsap County sheriff's deputies were called to the residence on the 10800 block of SE Olympiad Drive at 2:57 p.m. after the shooting was reported to 911 emergency dispatchers, said Deputy Scott Wilson, a sheriff's office spokesman.

"Nobody else was there and he wasn't intoxicated," Wilson said.

South Kitsap Fire and Rescue medics treated the man at the scene. He was taken to Tacoma General Hospital. Wilson said his injuries were "severe but not life-threatening."

Deputies at the scene reported the man blasted "double-ought" buckshot at the wheel from "arm's length," Wilson said.

The deputies described the man's legs as "peppered" from his feet to his mid-abdomen with pellets, pieces of the wheel and other debris. Some injuries went as far up as his chin.

The man had been repairing the Lincoln Continental for two weeks, and had removed all the lug nuts on the right rear wheel except for one.

"He's bound and determined to get that lug nut off," Wilson said, who did not know how long the man had been trying to free the lug nut.

The deputies did not take a statement from the man beyond what they were able to gather while he was being treated by medics.

"I don't think he was in any condition to say anything," Wilson said. "The pain was so severe, and the shock."

Florida Man Wearing 'I Heart My Marriage' Shirt Arrested for Allegedly Choking Wife
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
PrintShareThis
Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office

Bradley Gellert
A man accused of choking his wife after a heated argument probably should have dressed differently.

Bradley Gellert, 32, an Ameriprise financial consultant, was wearing a T-shirt bearing the phrase "I Heart My Marriage" when he was arrested on a charge of domestic battery by strangulation, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.

Gellert screamed and threw various items at the victim before grabbing her neck and choking her, according to a police report obtained by TheSmokingGun.com.

The shirt was reportedly a promotional item for the 2008 Kirk Cameron film "Fireproof."

Gellert was released Monday after posting $1,000 bond.

Broward DUI Lawyer: Florida Man Arrested for Lawnmower DUI

Broward DUI Lawyer: Florida Man Arrested for Lawnmower DUI
Broward DUI lawyer Brian S. Leifert has just learned that a Green Cove Springs, Florida man has been arrested for DUI while riding his lawnmower. Damon Hayward hopped on his lawnmower and was driving to the gas station when he was stopped by the police for not having headlights. Hayward was subsequently arrested for DUI.

Police report that he was apologetic and remorseful about the DUI arrest, which was not his first.
In my years as a Broward DUI lawyer and former Broward prosecutor, very few DUI lawnmower cases have come through the system here in Broward. On occasion we'll see a DUI bicycle arrest and see quite a number of Boating Under the Influence (BUI) cases.
Broward DUI lawyer Brian S. Leifert has successfully represented individuals charged with DUI in Broward County. If you are facing a DUI charge in Broward, call a Broward DUI lawyer at Leifert & Leifert for a no charge consultation and case evaluation.

The shirt was reportedly a promotional item for the 2008 Kirk Cameron film "Fireproof."

I think this is the part that surprised me the most.

By the way, here's the dude's mugshot:

0316093marriage1.jpg

SHAMWOW GUY ARRESTED IN MIAMI BEACH

ShamWow Guy arrested after hotel fight with woman: Smoking Gun

Photograph by: The Smoking Gun, Canwest News Service
OTTAWA — Television pitchman Vince Shlomi, better known as the ShamWow Guy who has been phenomenally successful peddling absorbent towels and food choppers, was arrested at a swank Miami hotel last month after a violent confrontation with a prostitute, according to a post Friday on the website The Smoking Gun.

Shlomi, 44, and Sasha Harris, 26, were both arrested, according to police reports.

According to an arrest affidavit, Shlomi told police he met Harris at a Miami Beach nightclub on Feb. 7 and took her to his $750-a-night room Shlomi told police he paid Harris about $1,000 and that that when he kissed her, she "bit his tongue and would not let go." Shlomi then punched her several times until she released his tongue.

The affidavit says a bleeding Shlomi ran to the hotel lobby, where security summoned police.

Both arrested for felony aggravated battery, but The Smoking Gun says prosecutors this month declined to file formal charges against the combatants.

Photos on the website show a battered Schlomi and copies of the handwritten police report.

© Copyright (c) Canwest News Service

I thought this guy was weird from those commercials.......

Nice. :banana:

By the way, is it just me . . .

0327092inside1.jpg
ace-ventura.jpg

From his booking photo I thought more like Hugh Laurie (aka House) as Jasper from 101 Dalmations the non-animated version.

I really am shocked about the Shamwow guy. I new I didnt like him for a reason.

Cops: Florida Man Assaulted Girlfriend With Cheeseburger
Thursday, December 04, 2008 | FoxNews.com
E-MailPrintShare
VERO BEACH, Fla. — A Florida man is facing a domestic violence charge after authorities say he assaulted his girlfriend with a cheeseburger.

An Indian River County Sheriff's Office arrest report says 22-year-old Vincent Gonzalez of Vero Beach and his girlfriend got into an argument as they sat in a car in front of their home.

Gonzalez wouldn't let her get out of the vehicle, so the woman threw his drink out of the car, according to the report.

In response, Gonzalez allegedly grabbed her arm and smashed the cheeseburger into her face.

The pair emerged from the car, and authorities say Gonzalez again took the McDonald's sandwich and pushed it against his girlfriend's face.

Gonzalez was released on $1,000 bond Wednesday

It always makes me laugh whenever someone refers to a burger as a "sandwich."

I don't know why.

It always makes me laugh whenever someone refers to a burger as a "sandwich."

I don't know why.

Usually when they do, they pronounce it as sand-a-wich. Its weird how it works that way.

Police seek 'Plasma Pat' in TV discount scam

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- He's a TV salesman offering an unbelievable deal -- and police say you don't want to do business with him.

Police in Largo, Florida, say "Plasma Pat" is really 60-year-old Joseph Wesley Torma. Dubbing himself "Plasma Pat, the TV Discount Guy," he allegedly took cash from Wal-Mart shoppers, promising to use his employee discount to get them a good deal on a TV set, police said.

Then, he called the police to taunt them.

Police in Largo, Florida, a city near Tampa on the state's gulf coast, circulated security pictures of "Plasma Pat," and now can put a name to the alliterative nickname.

Investigators say their suspect is 60-year-old Joseph Wesley Torma, and they've just released a mug shot from a recent arrest in Polk County, Florida.

"He made at least two or three phone calls, and he even talked about surrendering, but he never showed up, obviously," said Lt. Michael Loux of the Largo Police department.

Police believe "Plasma Pat" has conned victims in about a dozen different places in Florida.

He allegedly befriended people outside Wal-Mart stores, telling his victims that he worked at the store, and that he could use his employee discount to get them a good deal on a major purchase.

Then, police said, he took their cash, walked into the store through one door -- and out another, leaving his victims in the parking lot.

One victim found himself out $300 while waiting outside for a television.

Largo Police say that Torma also called them several times. asking to speak with Det. Brendan Arlington. Each time he called, police say, Torma identified himself as "Plasma Pat," and bragged that he had cheated about 30,000 people who will never file a police report.

"Because the victims feel embarrassed, he feels that nobody is going to report the crime," said Lt. Michael Loux. "And I think he's probably right."

Police say they believe that Torma has left the area, and may be headed to Texas, but they have not explained why.

FL crime,

GG stole my heart!!!!

Im so cheesy it hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back