The Frys.com Open (Spoilers)

Because only 3 of the top 50 are at the tournament. He's 51st.

Lol, my bad my public school reading failed me on that last part of your post.

--
tapatalk

I'm just glad Cantlay was in his group, we got to see most, if not all of his shots. Word has it other groups were out on the course, but Golf Channel wasnt informed.

I'm just glad Cantlay was in his group, we got to see most, if not all of his shots. Word has it other groups were out on the course, but Golf Channel wasnt informed.

Lol. And I'd rather have seen Tiger win the group. I'm one of those ones who wants Tiger to succeed again. I don't know why you wouldn't want him to.

I thought Tiger hit a lot of really good shots today even if he ended up at 2 over. He was in the sand a lot today and was just missing quite a few puts. If he get's his putter on track and stays out of the beach tomorrow I think he will get back up in contention.

I thought Tiger hit a lot of really good shots today even if he ended up at 2 over. He was in the sand a lot today and was just missing quite a few puts. If he get's his putter on track and stays out of the beach tomorrow I think he will get back up in contention.

I just dont understand how you can go from being that great, to being that bad. I know the off the course stuff, blah blah blah, But, he just seems lost out there, and the worst part, he the look on his face when he misses a shot seems to show that he knows he has lost it.

I thought he played alright...weather sucked for a while there...He wont be missing those 3 footers tomorrow.

I like your optimism!

I didnt say great I said alright. Im done with this thread though because I am not a fan of people kicking someone when they are down.

Now I'm disappointed. Tiger needs someone to stick up for him, and with your optimism, you're the man for the job.

Kevin

TIGER WOODS: That's probably one of the worst putting rounds I've ever had. I can't putt the ball any worse than I did today.

Q. Too slow for you?
TIGER WOODS: I just had a hard time hitting my stroke, and then I started altering it. And it was all over the place. I think I'm going to go put some lead tape on it and see if maybe a little bit more mass. It's always worked in the past. I think I'm going to have to do that here.

Q. Were you trying to adjust in the round?
TIGER WOODS: Absolutely. And my stroke got worse because I was trying to do it, and then, you know, I started losing confidence in it because I wasn't hitting my line. So it was just a downward spiral.

Q. What about the rest of your game?
TIGER WOODS: The rest of the game was not too bad. I hit some bad shots, yes. But also I hit some really good ones. And very pleased at the shots I was hitting most of the day. But I got nothing out of the round on the greens. And whatever momentum I could have gotten by hitting good shots, you know, I just missed putts.

Q. Tiger, you said earlier that you had spent so much time working on your swing and it cut into your practice time. Has that changed, I assume?
TIGER WOODS: Hasn't changed, no. I've still been working on my full swing. I've chipped a lot, but I haven't obviously putted as -- I've putted a lot, but not on greens that are at this speed. The greens back home are a little bit faster than this.

Q. Tiger, the putting's been an issue a couple of times this year. You've talked about speed and things like that. Is there any reason you can kind of pinpoint as to why you've kind of struggled with it this year a few times?
TIGER WOODS: Well, one, I haven't played, and two, I haven't practiced as much as I have in the past. I've been working on my full game.
You know, and as I said, the hardest part today was I just didn't have the speed. I hadn't putted on greens at this speed, and I played over at The Institute the other day, and they were really quick. We played yesterday, and yeah, they were probably a little bit faster than they were today. The rain this morning and then the rain we had while we were playing just kept slowing them up.

Sounds like a guy who should, ya know.. Work on his putter a little bit more than the full swing. Does no good to hit it close if you're gonna miss the putt. Hell we can do that too.

Thanks for posting that. Very interesting to hear his thoughts on the issues. He clearly knows he need work with the short stick, so why won't he do it?

Funny how tigger said he had a terrible day putting and when I saw his putting stats for the day: 25 I'd love to have 25 putts in a round.

Funny how tigger said he had a terrible day putting and when I saw his putting stats for the day: 25 I'd love to have 25 putts in a round.

I would as well. I'm sure he doesn't mind that number either, it's just the way he did it. He missed way too many opportunities on the greens today.

Cantlay has an easy and repeatable swing. I think he's the real deal. Can't wait to see what he does as a professional.

I agree, I can't figure why the used to be best in the world makes it so tough in himself. All these guys playing average are playing better than he. He should take something from his playing partner, I true love for the game

Kongfrontation

Only hit 9 greens like he did and you too can have a 25 putt day. A lot of scrambling.

25 putts per round is not bad, if his putts had been for birdies instead of pars and bogeys then 25 putts would be great!

he was scrambling quite a bit,and he also missed 2 short birdie putts so could of easily been better especially with the double bogey.i hope he does better today and makes the weekend which i think he will,hopefully scoring low over the weekend.

how good is patrick cantlay though,cool as they come.what a player.he won't have any issue's making money when he turns pro.

I really struggled to watch Tiger in that round. Started out watching and it was a bit of a novelty to see him out there, then got quickly bored. The only good thing was that I got to see 2 very nice swings in Cantlay and Oosthuizen.

Considering who Cantlay was paired with he did quite well. It's probably not easy being in that group, with all the media and fan attention on them. Really impressed with his game, not even thinking of who he was playing with, a major champion and that tiger guy.

The real question is, how much heat will Couples get for picking Tiger if he fails to make the weekend in this minor event(which if he plays another round like Thurs. is a very real possibility).

Not sure if it was a Golf Channel thing or if it was done by someone in Sky Sports here in the UK, but they showed a face-on analysis of Tiger's swing on one of the holes when he drive into a bunker. The most obvious problem was his head is diving backwards (towards his right foot and downwards) when he's part way through his down-swing, and they reckon that's upsetting his balance.

Watched the rest this morning and something still looks off with Tiger. Not that I expected a lot with this return, I just don't see a lot that's positive. He doesn't have to play a lot better to make the cut, but still has some work to do.

Rocco knowing he will be mic'd up for the second round. That could equal a lot of chatter.

The real question is, how much heat will Couples get for picking Tiger if he fails to make the weekend in this minor event(which if he plays another round like Thurs. is a very real possibility).
He already has. But he's still Tiger Woods. Really won't know what effect he'll have until after the President's Cup.

He already has. But he's still Tiger Woods. Really won't know what effect he'll have until after the President's Cup.

No question about it.

Watched the rest this morning and something still looks off with Tiger. Not that I expected a lot with this return, I just don't see a lot that's positive. He doesn't have to play a lot better to make the cut, but still has some work to do.

Rocco knowing he will be mic'd up for the second round. That could equal a lot of chatter.

I agree. Watched some of this last night and he still looked more like a body builder trying to play golf then a golfer playing golf. Just doesnt have that smooth but powerful swing anymore. Putting is average at best. Really its the whole short game that has no magic anymore. Its hard to watch actually.

I agree. Watched some of this last night and he still looked more like a body builder trying to play golf then a golfer playing golf. Just doesnt have that smooth but powerful swing anymore. Putting is average at best. Really its the whole short game that has no magic anymore. Its hard to watch actually.
The one thing you could always depend on with TW was him making anything inside of 5'. Now it's like Mickelson and there is a good chance he'll miss it. Why would you mess with that putting stroke? Baffling.

I haven't seen this many slo mo shots since a British Open. While Tiger may be taking some torque off that left leg, I've never seen him dip down into shots like this. The divot on 13 (I believe) was about 18" long.

I haven't seen this many slo mo shots since a British Open. While Tiger may be taking some torque off that left leg, I've never seen him dip down into shots like this. The divot on 13 (I believe) was about 18" long.

Yeah, there's a very pronounced dip in his swing now. Maybe he's trying to emulate one of the greats, Westwood? :wink:

I notice the left leg straightens and locks through impact too.

The one thing you could always depend on with TW was him making anything inside of 5'. Now it's like Mickelson and there is a good chance he'll miss it. Why would you mess with that putting stroke? Baffling.

Yeah, there's a very pronounced dip in his swing now. Maybe he's trying to emulate one of the greats, Westwood? :wink:

I notice the left leg straightens and locks through impact too.

I noticed that big dip in his swing too. When they show 30,000 slow mo shots of him its hard not to see it. Each time I see tigger now I get more and more convinced he's done. He just isnt the same golfer. I think its a combination of things and the scandal just happen to come right at the worst time to snowball it all together.

Back