The #Grandaddy - Callaway Golf & THP - Details

The putting is coming along very well! I have been doing some drills to get the pendulum motion down and being less handsy. While I think I have come a long way, I don't think it's completely eliminated, but much better. Practicing that 15 minutes a day has been helpful. I was also fighting a pull hook off the tee in Ohio, and I think I've got that covered too. We will see in 2 short weeks!

Buck and I talked a bit about putting during our round at Glen Mills last month. The key to a good putting stroke is just being comfortable and consistent. As long as you know your stroke and can replicate it, the nuances aren't that important.

Buck and I talked a bit about putting during our round at Glen Mills last month. The key to a good putting stroke is just being comfortable and consistent. As long as you know your stroke and can replicate it, the nuances aren't that important.

The quicker you can just accept it for what it is and make with it what you have, the better you'll putt. If you start to think any negative thoughts, goodbye putting stroke. Speaking for personal experience, don't do that.

Get out there and make some 3ft putts. Get some confidence, then back it up a little bit and try 5ft putts. Make those and you'll know any doubt is mental and not the stroke itself.

Then go out there and power point at Harry like you're the linebacker from Remember the Titans. Let him know you mean business.

The quicker you can just accept it for what it is and make with it what you have, the better you'll putt. If you start to think any negative thoughts, goodbye putting stroke. Speaking for personal experience, don't do that.

Get out there and make some 3ft putts. Get some confidence, then back it up a little bit and try 5ft putts. Make those and you'll know any doubt is mental and not the stroke itself.

Then go out there and power point at Harry like you're the linebacker from Remember the Titans. Let him know you mean business.

Well said, wardy.

Also, you just gave me an idea for a dream team entrance to the first tee and hole winning celebrations

LEFT SIDE!

I might have to watch Mighty Ducks on the flight out

The Dream Team is a lot like the Ducks

We were all a bunch of individuals thrown together like District 5.

Over the past few months we have bonded and became the Dream Team just as District 5 became the Ducks!

DUCKS FLY TOGETHER!

QUACK QUACK QUACK Mr. Arnett!

Well said, wardy.

Also, you just gave me an idea for a dream team entrance to the first tee and hole winning celebrations

LEFT SIDE!

I think you know how you need to walk out to the driving range now...

Everywheerrreeee wwwwweeeeee gooooo, people wanna kkkknnnnooowwww.....

The work has been done, the nerves will calm, and you guys are going to kick some serious butt!

Soak in all thus awesome event has to offer!

It's coming up soon, fellas. Good luck and have a blast. It's such a good time to go out to CA for some golf; absolutely gorgeous. I've played with a few guys on the Dream Team and will be pulling for you, as well as those I have not yet met. At the same time, please make clear the terms of surrender for them are available at any time; they have to give everyone on THP an Optiforce.

So now that preparations are coming to a close and the event is just around the corner I have a question for all the participants. I am hoping to mooch some of your experience as I prepare for #TheKing!

What one thing helped you the most during all your prep? This could be anything from a practice regimen, a specific part of your game, course management or even a book you read.

So now that preparations are coming to a close and the event is just around the corner I have a question for all the participants. I am hoping to mooch some of your experience as I prepare for #TheKing!

What one thing helped you the most during all your prep? This could be anything from a practice regimen, a specific part of your game, course management or even a book you read.
I've focused on a few things throughout my preps. Being the last one selected, I had the shortest period of time to hyper focus on my preps.

first I was already attending Golftec, so full swing changes were well on the way. I continurped to work on my full swing up to 30 days prior to the event. At that point I decided to stop working on any swing changes in fear I wouldn't have everything committed to muscle memory.

The final 30 days have focused solely on short game 130 yards and in. Really started to work on my putting stroke through my SPI instruction from earlier in the year, and revisiting some of the fundemental drills. Th final month while playing I really focused on staying fully engaged on every shot, committed to a game plan.

I've read a the 15th club by Dr Bob Rotella.

during this entire time, each time I went to the range I practiced with a purpose, and a goal for each session. Limited the number of balls to drive quality practice over quantity.

Dave Stockton, Unconscious Putting.

I know I sound like a broken record sometimes, but this has significantly helped my putting. It's not for everyone, but I think it's worth a read.

Another key for me has been consistently practicing. I have tried to at least get out and hit balls two or three times a week over the last few months. I still did not play as much as I would like (typically once a week at best), but it's still more than usual. I still have my fair share of misses, but I think the extra practice has made the misses less severe and more consistent.

I'm so rooting for you guys in this thing. I'm playing with a fellow Dream Team member this weekend and am looking forward to playing with Taylor. Going to pick his mind about everything!

I can't believe how lucky you fellas are to get to play in this amazing event. This is such an awesome opportunity that I am seriously jealous of.

Hows everyone feeling about their game?

Tyler I know you were working on some stuff in Ohio, how's that coming along?

Gregdan are you ready? I know our last round was a bit of a pill kicker, but i blame the weather!

Kevin are you all squared away and ready to show the #zoocrew what you got?

Those of you I have not met are you all ready to take it to #zoocrew and have the time of your lives?

Dude, I'm ready as I'm going to be, parts of the game feel really good, and other I would like a little better honestly. Never content when you know your going into a competition where there are several people are relying on you to take care of business,

Reading "Fearless Golf" by Gio Valiente. This game's greatest challenge is not the opponent, or even the course; it's the mind. Programming it correctly, learning how to handle those times in every round when things go South, that's how one becomes the golfer they might be. We can hit a million putts, a million wedges, a million drives on the practice range, but we will still have our mind to deal with- Jack did, Hogan did, Tiger does. It happens to everyone. So, why not do the appropriate training for it?

Dude, I'm ready as I'm going to be, parts of the game feel really good, and other I would like a little better honestly. Never content when you know your going into a competition where there are several people are relying on you to take care of business,

You've got this Kev. Just trust your swing and you'll be alright. Keep focused on the parts of your game that you feel good about and the rest will follow. I can't wait to follow you guys as this all unfolds. I know it'll be a wild and crazy ride for you guys and imagine it will be for us who follow as well.

You've got this Kev. Just trust your swing and you'll be alright. Keep focused on the parts of your game that you feel good about and the rest will follow. I can't wait to follow you guys as this all unfolds. I know it'll be a wild and crazy ride for you guys and imagine it will be for us who follow as well.
Thanks Ken. It's one of these situations where I planned, I practiced, and as the time draws near, my brain gets to going in overdrive. It's time to shut it down, enjoy Thansgiving, and take this show to California. Thanks for the support buddy

GolfinFF- I am so ready to go! My swing is feeling great and I am constantly working in my putting. In two weeks time, I will be ready and rearing to go.

ArmyGolf- best thing to do is just keep doing what you are doing. The only thing to change is what you focus on. Instead of hitting bombs on the practice range cause it's fun, focus on those pesky 50 yard wedge shots. Practice with a purpose and when you play on the course play to your strengths as best you can. The range is where you try new things. Never on the course. And putting will always keep a round together, practice as much as you can with that. It's pretty simple, play your game and always look to improve.

This group is a special one, getting to know you guys on/off the forum has been great. I want to see you all succeed. I feel like ATL has been one of my biggest fans/supporters going into the MC 2013 and now into 2014. I am pulling for him and all of you dudes. Gonna be a great weekend and something you will literally never forget. Soak it all in and try to slow down at one point and just enjoy it!

DC Bradley in a sense we've already succeeded to a point, we started out a year ago with Hawk knowing he was going to Captain this team. Then over the next 8 months the momentum started to build, the excitement hit peaks and valleys, and a team was assembled. Since joining the team in august I've watched our team grow stronger and strong as friends working towards a common goal of doing our best to represent ourselves and THP. Thanks for supporting us through the journey thus far buddy.

Keep that putter working like Sarasota and everything will be peachy my man!

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he'll drive the zoo crew mad like he did Jay.

Good question!

You know, this year was different than the MC for me. I did a ton of swing and putting practice of course, but I didn't have the time to get all crazy about it this year because of child #2 coming along.

I wanted to focus on the mental side a bit, and results weren't too bad. We'll see how it comes together in CA. I didn't really read any books, but instead set a couple goals. The two big goals for me there were 1) finishing strong and 2) bouncing back when it seems like my swing is gone.

I made a concerted effort with each round to focus a bit more on the last few holes and I can't tell you how many rounds that it paid off for me. On my home course I think I played my best golf this year (and made the most birdies) on holes 15-18.

As for bouncing back, I think this is the first year I've been able to do it at all. Hell, in the past a really bad round would leave me searching for weeks. I've got a couple basic drills I do if things get really out of whack and it's helped me scrape together a game when things are going bad. Some of my proudest moments this year weren't my lowest rounds, but the rounds where I came back from a 45-49 on the front for a 39-41 on the back. At some point, I realized I just had to swing the club and let go of worrying about where it was going or what people would think if I hit a crappy shot. It's not easy to do, but I definitely made progress.

From a golf standpoint, my suggestion is to practice what you suck at.

Good question!

You know, this year was different than the MC for me. I did a ton of swing and putting practice of course, but I didn't have the time to get all crazy about it this year because of child #2 coming along.

I wanted to focus on the mental side a bit, and results weren't too bad. We'll see how it comes together in CA. I didn't really read any books, but instead set a couple goals. The two big goals for me there were 1) finishing strong and 2) bouncing back when it seems like my swing is gone.

I made a concerted effort with each round to focus a bit more on the last few holes and I can't tell you how many rounds that it paid off for me. On my home course I think I played my best golf this year (and made the most birdies) on holes 15-18.

As for bouncing back, I think this is the first year I've been able to do it at all. Hell, in the past a really bad round would leave me searching for weeks. I've got a couple basic drills I do if things get really out of whack and it's helped me scrape together a game when things are going bad. Some of my proudest moments this year weren't my lowest rounds, but the rounds where I came back from a 45-49 on the front for a 39-41 on the back. At some point, I realized I just had to swing the club and let go of worrying about where it was going or what people would think if I hit a crappy shot. It's not easy to do, but I definitely made progress.

Spoken like a true Captain. Simple but true.

Good question!

At thats why you are leading the charge, the stone cold truth!

Spoken like a true Captain. Simple but true.

LOL. I'm not big on quotes and inspirational sayings, but I did give the guys a blurb from Harvey Penick about that. It basically said that the only way to get better is to work on the things you are bad at, but in golf we often practice what we are best at. I still do it too. Very easy to get in that comfort zone and not want to stray from it.

The work I did on alignment this year was 100% because of that though. I was very uncomfortable with some of the things I was doing in practice, but it made me a better player. THP'rs gave me some great tips too.

My mind is fully pre-occupied with what is about to happen. And I have no clue what it is. But it's going to be amazing

My mind is fully pre-occupied with what is about to happen. And I have no clue what it is. But it's going to be amazing

You guys are going to have the time of your lives! I'll be rooting you on all the way!

Back