The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kinda expected that....initial rush then tailing off.....but oveall not a huge mass migration....cancellation fees can do that to you

Yep. And the fact that its an already old phone that will be even older this summer when the new model comes out.

ding ding ding.....

and now that the original is $50 that just further grows Apple's base with AT&T....perfect price for those who want an iphone but are a casual user or want their first smart phone. Very smart on Apple's part

Yep. And the fact that its an already old phone that will be even older this summer when the new model comes out.

ding ding ding.....

and now that the original is $50 that just further grows Apple's base with AT&T....perfect price for those who want an iphone but are a casual user or want their first smart phone. Very smart on Apple's part

My thought exactly, AT&T should be able to at least break even in terms of customers numbers between the people they add and lose.

Anyone find a good stat tracking, handicapping program to use and track on the iphone?

Anyone find a good stat tracking, handicapping program to use and track on the iphone?

Dont know if it is available on iPhone but I use oobGolf on the Android to track HC and stats.

Dont know if it is available on iPhone but I use oobGolf on the Android to track HC and stats.

I think it is available, i'll have to check into it.

I know we talked a while back about the Golfscape app and I used it today for my round. I think the measurements might be a hair off, on a few of the holes I tried to double check with sprinkler heads and other apps I have. I wish someone had a range finder with them if I played with them, then I'd really be able to check. But the interface is great and it's a lot of fun to hold the phone up and see the measurements while looking at the items.

I know we talked a while back about the Golfscape app and I used it today for my round. I think the measurements might be a hair off, on a few of the holes I tried to double check with sprinkler heads and other apps I have. I wish someone had a range finder with them if I played with them, then I'd really be able to check. But the interface is great and it's a lot of fun to hold the phone up and see the measurements while looking at the items.

While I think the Golfscape app is cool and absolutely unique; I never use it since it doesn't employ a score card like Golfshot does.
Who says the sprinkler head yardages are accurate?

If you have the golfshot app it integrates perfectly with golfscape. There is a little icon on the golfshot app when pressed switches to the golfscape app. Super cool!

On another note, dropped my iPhone today and shattered the screen. Bummer. Need to go to apple store and see if it is covered

On another note, dropped my iPhone today and shattered the screen. Bummer. Need to go to apple store and see if it is covered

Covered? Why would Apple pay to replace a shattered screen?
The good news is that I understand it is pretty inexpensive to replace the screen. Good luck!

kinda expected that....initial rush then tailing off.....but oveall not a huge mass migration....cancellation fees can do that to you

I think many Verizon customers are waiting to see what the next iPhone has going for it.
As for cancellation… AT&T will let you renew your contract after 50% of your contract has elapsed. I have owned every iPhone no more than a week from the release, and just recommitted for another 2 years from that date.
Verizon are total a-holes, so their policy may be different. :stickbeat:

If you have the golfshot app it integrates perfectly with golfscape. There is a little icon on the golfshot app when pressed switches to the golfscape app. Super cool!

First off sorry to hear about the screen that's a bummer. I had a question about the golfscape/golfshot integration, the icon is within the golfshot app and takes you to the golfscape?

...the icon is within the golfshot app and takes you to the golfscape?

Yes. The orange icon on the bottom of the screen launches the Golfscape app.
48e18c9e-1113-c3fb.jpg

48e18c9e-1113-c3fb.jpg

Exactly right. Sorry it took so long to respond.

I Tapped, I Talked

I just picked up a 3GS....now I need to get all my apps downloaded

Anyone know when the new Golflogix ap is coming out for the Iphone? should be soon.

I downloaded OOB on y iPhone 4, looks pretty good. Hopefully I can get out an use the app sometime soon.

Exactly right. Sorry it took so long to respond.
I Tapped, I Talked
Thanks, just got both apps and love the connection. Will give it a try this weekend! Weather permitting!

I just picked up a 3GS....now I need to get all my apps downloaded
Nice pickup at the reduced price. A great price point for a good phone!

Been playing the addicting app: words with friends. It's like scrabble between you and a friend. You each take a turn whenever you want.

Anyone want to play download the app and add me: mattyb7713

Tapping and talking since 2010.

Been playing the addicting app: words with friends. It's like scrabble between you and a friend. You each take a turn whenever you want.

Anyone want to play download the app and add me: mattyb7713

Tapping and talking since 2010.

I'll only add you if you don't kill me :) I stink at this game :sad:

SO the BF finally upgraded to his iPhone 4 from a 3G. Not even the S, LOL!!! But luckily, I'll be upgrading before him to the newer iPhone when it comes out :joy:

Downloaded the new GolfLogix app today for my iphone. Looks very cool. Lots of new features and a new layout. I am a member so I get all of the features that is comes with. I like the new layout. I have not played a round with it yet maybe tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back