The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those with the iPhone 4... Can you get a full day out of the battery?

I usually do. I charge it while I sleep and have anywhere from 10-40% left at the end of the day depending on how much audio I stream.

---
- Taaaaap-a-talk....tap tap taaap-a-talk....give it a little tap-a-rooonie...

Easily, can get a few days out of it depending on usage

I have to say Im a little surprised by everybody "easily" getting a full day. Im wondering how many calls and emails they use it for. I found the IPhone 4 to be a huge drain if emails and messaging were used. Gathering emails seemed to kill the battery (much like android). I could rarely make it a full day and usually charged right before leaving the office.

I have never had any problems with the battery on my iPhone 4. The only way I kill it is using the golf gps for more than 18 holes.

---
- Tapatalkin

I have to say Im a little surprised by everybody "easily" getting a full day. Im wondering how many calls and emails they use it for. I found the IPhone 4 to be a huge drain if emails and messaging were used. Gathering emails seemed to kill the battery (much like android). I could rarely make it a full day and usually charged right before leaving the office.

I am as well, but it definitely has me intrigued..

For those that answered: thanks!! What kind of usage do you guys have? I'd probably be using it for emails (personal), texting, maybe some twittering (w/o auto sync) and THPing on Tapatalk.

If you are constantly on it doing things, about how long will it last?

For those that answered: thanks!! What kind of usage do you guys have? I'd probably be using it for emails (personal), texting, maybe some twittering (w/o auto sync) and THPing on Tapatalk.

I do all of those things plus get work emails through Good Messaging App and get a full day. I am however obsessed with closing apps when I am done with them to maximize battery life.

I am on mine all through out the day. I use it for email, twitter, Tapatalk, games, phone, and internet browsing. I plug it in every night and have never had an issue with my battery going dead. When I don't plug it it at night it will make it about half way through the next day before dieing.

I do all of those things plus get work emails through Good Messaging App and get a full day. I am however obsessed with closing apps when I am done with them to maximize battery life.

Why do you use that app for work emails?

I am on mine all through out the day. I use it for email, twitter, Tapatalk, games, phone, and internet browsing. I plug it in every night and have never had an issue with my battery going dead. When I don't plug it it at night it will make it about half way through the next day before dieing.

That's pretty impressive.

Why do you use that app for work emails?

That's pretty impressive.

Because that is the service my office uses. I don't have a choice.

Because that is the service my office uses. I don't have a choice.

haha that's a pretty good excuse.. I assume you also sync your gmail or whatever? Does deleting/reading on the iPhone edit your gmail account or are they separate of one another?

haha that's a pretty good excuse.. I assume you also sync your gmail or whatever? Does deleting/reading on the iPhone edit your gmail account or are they separate of one another?

What you do on your iPhone is done in Gmail. If you delete something it will be deleted in Gmail too.

What you do on your iPhone is done in Gmail. If you delete something it will be deleted in Gmail too.

Awesome.. For the record, I had the first iPhone, and there were definitely some issues back then. I switched after loving it for a couple months and then experiencing a whole crap ton of screen lag and keyboard lag that drove me pretty crazy, but I have heard that the 4 is a tank and that just flat out won't happen.

Didn't you just switch away from it Kevin? Any reason?

Awesome.. For the record, I had the first iPhone, and there were definitely some issues back then. I switched after loving it for a couple months and then experiencing a whole crap ton of screen lag and keyboard lag that drove me pretty crazy, but I have heard that the 4 is a tank and that just flat out won't happen.

Didn't you just switch away from it Kevin? Any reason?

I seek a bigger screen. The iPhone is still the best hardware Ive seen yet though besides screen size. Every android phone feels cheap and plasticy. But I enjoy the Android OS and its ability to customize stuff. But at the same time I hate some of the little things it doesnt do that iOS does do. The phone I have now will go back before the 30 days is up and I'll go back to the iPhone4 and its tiny screen. I'll either get the next iPhone and hope it has a 4" screen or go to another Android device.

I seek a bigger screen. The iPhone is still the best hardware Ive seen yet though besides screen size. Every android phone feels cheap and plasticy. But I enjoy the Android OS and its ability to customize stuff. But at the same time I hate some of the little things it doesnt do that iOS does do. The phone I have now will go back before the 30 days is up and I'll go back to the iPhone4 and its tiny screen. I'll either get the next iPhone and hope it has a 4" screen or go to another Android device.

I don't foresee them going to a bigger screen. Apple gets pretty stuck on their sizes. I think the 4" screen is plenty big. I would hate to have a bigger phone in my pocket.

I don't foresee them going to a bigger screen. Apple gets pretty stuck on their sizes. I think the 4" screen is plenty big. I would hate to have a bigger phone in my pocket.

They have to go bigger. You think a 3.5" screen will be competitive in today's market? I dont.

They have to go bigger. You think a 3.5" screen will be competitive in today's market? I dont.

Do you carry you phone on the hip or in the pocket? I think hip carriers can go bigger, but pocket carriers a size limitations.

haha any bigger than it is now, and it's an iPad!!

I for one hope they don't go too much bigger.. I think there's a threshold for phone size for me.

I've been carrying this huge Samsung in my pocket. Its 4.5" and trust me when you go big you don't want to go back to 3.5" haha. It doesn't either me at all in my pocket. I think its a necessity to go to a 4" screen and id welcome it. If anyone can figure out how to make LTE and a big screen work Apple can. If they'd only open up the Os now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

If a full day is 7am to 7pm, yes. But since I'm out of the office so much responding to emails and calls I had purchase a Mophie charger, now I get two days of charge. That is if I don't spend a bulk of the day on Tapatalk and thp

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back