The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont' feel quite so bad now. 2 days to go in the billing cycle and I'm at 28GB. I did spend 4 days in mexico this month though and I kept my phone off because I wasn't sure about roaming charges.

28GB a month??!!??

Apparently I'm safe (for now) from being included in that top 5% with my monthly usage averaging only between 3-4GB a month.

Just saw this over on bgr.com

iphone-5-maybe.jpeg

Just saw this over on bgr.com

iphone-5-maybe.jpeg

It was posted on Mac-Rumors earlier. Talk is faster and thinner. But do you see 4" there? I mean maybe if bama holds it, but really 4"?

It was posted on Mac-Rumors earlier. Talk is faster and thinner. But do you see 4" there? I mean maybe if bama holds it, but really 4"?

hahahaha. See the problem is if THAT screen is 4" with the huge amount of space up top and bottom then the whole thing will be enormous. Unlike bama. Way too much wasted space.

hahahaha. See the problem is if THAT screen is 4" with the huge amount of space up top and bottom then the whole thing will be enormous. Unlike bama. Way too much wasted space.

Im shocked that they are not going 4" here.

Im shocked that they are not going 4" here.

So they say slightly bigger screen. Current iPhone is 3.5" so whats this one? 3.75"? Im shocked too if its not 4".

So they say slightly bigger screen. Current iPhone is 3.5" so whats this one? 3.75"? Im shocked too if its not 4".

Im not even sure it will hit 3.75 yet.

All signs point to me saving some dough and just getting the 4. I don't think there's enough stuff there to warrant the extra dough. I just hope they settle on a date already. I'm really sick of using my updated beeper.

I'll take the 4 over that one. Unless the resolution stays the same I would change. I love the retina display on the 4 and have no desire for the 4" screen. Thanks for the update JB

I'll take the 4 over that one. Unless the resolution stays the same I would change. I love the retina display on the 4 and have no desire for the 4" screen. Thanks for the update JB

So you want older, slower, smaller retina screen instead of newer, faster, bigger retina screen? You have no idea how to OEM.

That was OEM kevin.

So you want older, slower, smaller retina screen instead of newer, faster, bigger retina screen? You have no idea how to OEM.

And next year it will be newer, smaller, faster. Point being I like my 4 over this upcoming one. I am more ready for ios5 over the actual hardware. I'm viewing it as a 3GS upgrade to be honest.

And thanks Kevin for the update, my bad.

My phone has been slow for the past two weeks. I am tired of the web chat with Charles and not getting any where. 3D Evo may be a great replacement for the iphone 4 i am about ready to skip across the road

And next year it will be newer, smaller, faster. Point being I like my 4 over this upcoming one. I am more ready for ios5 over the actual hardware. I'm viewing it as a 3GS upgrade to be honest.

And thanks Kevin for the update, my bad.

Yeah but you havent seen it yet. Dont you think you need to see it before you dismiss it?

Yeah but you havent seen it yet. Dont you think you need to see it before you dismiss it?

While true. Like I said I am happy with the look/feel of the iPhone4 i didn't think it needed an upgrade for over a year but apple thinks otherwise haha

While true. Like I said I am happy with the look/feel of the iPhone4 i didn't think it needed an upgrade for over a year but apple thinks otherwise haha

Well you know they update every year so its to be expected. And if its just a dumb incremental update Im done.

I regret to say this because I am so anti everything apple but I am now an iPhone user. So far I pretty much hate it but I am trying very hard to grow to love it. There are some features that I do like but so many that I find are falling short from my previous android phone. One of these features is text messaging. I hate that the text box pops up and makes it nearly impossible to read my texts. Does anyone know of a text app that is better? I am also looking for a navigation app (I am willing to pay) that is voice turn by turn. I am used to having google maps turn by turn on android as well as Sprint Navigation so I would like something similar to one of those two.

I am still struggling with the email but I have finally figured out how to get it to send email.

I regret to say this because I am so anti everything apple but I am now an iPhone user. So far I pretty much hate it but I am trying very hard to grow to love it. There are some features that I do like but so many that I find are falling short from my previous android phone. One of these features is text messaging. I hate that the text box pops up and makes it nearly impossible to read my texts. Does anyone know of a text app that is better? I am also looking for a navigation app (I am willing to pay) that is voice turn by turn. I am used to having google maps turn by turn on android as well as Sprint Navigation so I would like something similar to one of those two.

I am still struggling with the email but I have finally figured out how to get it to send email.

GG, iOS 5 is right around the corner, it will take a lot of the flaws of iOS away. For example, in texting, you will be able to swipe away the keyboard, making it easier to read them. The new to iPhone notification system will be a big improvement as well. As far as navigation, having used an android prior to iPhone, there is no app that compares to google maps on android that is free, IMO.

GG, iOS 5 is right around the corner, it will take a lot of the flaws of iOS away. For example, in texting, you will be able to swipe away the keyboard, making it easier to read them. The new to iPhone notification system will be a big improvement as well. As far as navigation, having used an android prior to iPhone, there is no app that compares to google maps on android that is free, IMO.

I don't mind paying for a navigation app if it's worth it. I have read good and bad things about Tom Tom and Navigon. Both are a little pricey but if it will help me get around town then I am willing to pay for it. Being fairly new to the area still, I use my GPS all the time and I really want something that will talk to me.

I am happy to hear that the issues with the text will be fixed. If that is the case then I will wait until that comes out rather than getting an app. I like everything else about it, I just hate that the keyboard gets in the way.

It sounds as if it will be very Android like...hehe
I kid, I kid, kind of. Its just funny that the two big things being talked about being added are just things from Android and Blackberry.

I don't mind paying for a navigation app if it's worth it. I have read good and bad things about Tom Tom and Navigon. Both are a little pricey but if it will help me get around town then I am willing to pay for it. Being fairly new to the area still, I use my GPS all the time and I really want something that will talk to me.

I am happy to hear that the issues with the text will be fixed. If that is the case then I will wait until that comes out rather than getting an app. I like everything else about it, I just hate that the keyboard gets in the way.

Elitest. hehe

The OS update should be out soon. The only option for a text app would be to jailbreak the phone, and that always runs the risk of locking up the phone/bricking it. From reading tipb.com, BGR, etc, I think iOS 5 will finally get the iPhone OS to where it should have been a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back