The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

I’m still not sure that they really ever intended to merge with LIV as much as they wanted (along with LIV) to get out of the lawsuits. Remember it was announced right after subpoenas started going out to all the high profile folks. It doesn’t seem to me that the Tour has made any serious move to finalize the agreement in the last 9 months. We’ll all find out together, but the likelihood of a merger is very small right now.
I think they definitely wanted LIV gone but were getting killed financially with legal fees. The PGA tour blinked

I’m still not sure that they really ever intended to merge with LIV as much as they wanted (along with LIV) to get out of the lawsuits. Remember it was announced right after subpoenas started going out to all the high profile folks. It doesn’t seem to me that the Tour has made any serious move to finalize the agreement in the last 9 months. We’ll all find out together, but the likelihood of a merger is very small right now.

3 billion dollars is a lot to turn down. I'm not so sure the PGA would turn down that money.

Depends a lot on the strings attached right?

Perhaps, but what strings would be a dealbreaker? From the articles before, PGA would maintain power over the new for-profit PGA Enterprises. PIF would be a minority investor. I think the PGA has much more to gain than lose, but that is just my couch surfing opinion.

Can't say i disagree with this one bit. That LIV is paying players in multiples of their possible future earnings on the PGAT (and up front, no less!) is a pretty clear indicator that they (and Norman) are looking to bury the Tour. Personally, i do not feel that LIV offers a better product to the viewer by any stretch, but overcoming the money aspect of it will be insurmountable for the PGAT. I think Norman will be very satisfied when he sees the ashes of the PGAT get swept into the bin. Just my opinion.
Personally I believe that LIV is far superior a product for myself as a viewer; lots of star power, shotgun starts, limited commercials, tons of shots and highlights. Even the team thing is slowly growing on me (the first two years it wasn’t).

The majors are my favorite but LIV is the tour that I follow in between them. Don’t miss the PGAT one bit, with all the commercials and forced commentary narratives/ coverages.

Personally I believe that LIV is far superior a product for myself as a viewer; lots of star power, shotgun starts, limited commercials, tons of shots and highlights. Even the team thing is slowly growing on me (the first two years it wasn’t).

The majors are my favorite but LIV is the tour that I follow in between them. Don’t miss the PGAT one bit, with all the commercials and forced commentary narratives/ coverages.
I don’t think you’re alone in this.

I watch more of the DP World Tour than the PGA these days. Lots of shots shown. No BS narratives and the Brit announcers have such a way with descriptive language.
Other than The Masters, The Open and The Scottish Open I don't bother with the PGA.

I record the events and watch them later. I like the team concept as it brings in another level of competition. For example, a player might not have a chance of winning the tournament, but he knows how important his score is for the team.

On a side note, Joaquin Neiman is currently 76th in the OWGR. He must be the best 76th ever, lol.

The merger was a just a feeler IMO, they didn't even bother with the details or real talk, they just wanted to let it out that they were going to do it and see what the fans and sponsors and the venues had to say, and they spoke, not happening, nobody wants this but LIV.

And for a tour that's doing so well where are the big sponsors? why hasn't Anheuser-Busch signed a deal? don't they have all the best players in the world? seems like somebody besides EasyPost, which is basically Chico's Bail Bonds, would be interested by now.

The merger was a just a feeler IMO, they didn't even bother with the details or real talk, they just wanted to let it out that they were going to do it and see what the fans and sponsors and the venues had to say, and they spoke, not happening, nobody wants this but LIV.

And for a tour that's doing so well where are the big sponsors? why hasn't Anheuser-Busch signed a deal? don't they have all the best players in the world? seems like somebody besides EasyPost, which is basically Chico's Bail Bonds, would be interested by now.
lol there’s no way Jay loses all faith from his guys on a “feeler”

Wow so the LIV thread has just turned into a creative writing thread?

If nothing else, it would have been to at least pause the litigation.

"Feeler" :ROFLMAO:

"Two days after this framework agreement became public, which shocked the golfing world, Monahan revealed to his employees that the PGA Tour had spent upwards of $50 million on legal fees".

It has been and will always be about the money.

I like Scottie but telling fans to direct their "anger" at LIV players is a punk move.

Jay could've given the exemptions or even answered the phone when PIF called, or DPWT could've adopted LIV Golf like LET adopted the Aramco Series and we wouldn't have a fractured golf world.

Scottie is starting to sound like Rory a year ago.

I like Scottie but telling fans to direct their "anger" at LIV players is a punk move.

Jay could've given the exemptions or even answered the phone when PIF called, or DPWT could've adopted LIV Golf like LET adopted the Aramco Series and we wouldn't have a fractured golf world.

Scottie is starting to sound like Rory a year ago.

Yeah, definitely don’t agree with him saying that.

Sorry, but as an adult I’m not going to fault a man for not passing up generational wealth while simultaneously securing more time with their family.

A nod to reality, the one with the cash is going to win. Jay would be wise, yes I know that is a strange thing to say, to get his golden parachute in order………now.

Just today Monahan said (at the Player's Press Conference) “I do believe that negotiating a deal with PIF is the best outcome. Obviously, it has to be the right deal for both sides, like any situation or negotiation.”

Hey someone has to be the PGA tour mouthpiece now that Rory vacated the throne

Jay looking at Scottie with a big equity grant and an endorsement from Fedex

1710331683142.jpeg

Just today Monahan said (at the Player's Press Conference) “I do believe that negotiating a deal with PIF is the best outcome. Obviously, it has to be the right deal for both sides, like any situation or negotiation.”

Saw that last night, he’s an idiot. Looked like a pre-schooler sitting at the big boy table.

Xander has no love lost for him either.

Talk, talk, talk, all about nothing.

It's not the details of the deal that needs to be worked out, they got that done in about 5 minutes, the holdup IMO is convincing the sponsors, PGA players, venues and on some level the fans that this is a good thing, because chances are many, many of them are bolting for the door if they do this, that's a fact.

It's not the details of the deal that needs to be worked out, they got that done in about 5 minutes, the holdup IMO is convincing the sponsors, PGA players, venues and on some level the fans that this is a good thing, because chances are many, many of them are bolting for the door if they do this, that's a fact.
And you know this to be a fact, how?

But 6 billlion total from SSG and PIF goes a long, long way.

Back