no doubt lamenting the loss of Tebow

Not my local, but I think that requirement is gone by now . . . .

Naked woman questioned at Denver International Airport

By Harriet Baskas, msnbc.com contributor

A woman caught smoking in a nonsmoking area of Denver International Airport on Tuesday responded by putting out her cigarette and taking off her clothes. Around 8:45 a.m., after being asked to extinguish her cigarette, the woman stripped naked in the B Concourse, TMZ reported.

"The woman told officers that she'd had no sleep the night before," Raquel Lopez, spokesperson for the Denver Police Department, told msnbc.com. The woman was taken in for a medical evaluation. "No one was arrested, no one was hurt and no report was filed," Lopez said.

Police and paramedics responded and "the woman was ultimately transported to a local hospital," said Laura Coale, Denver International's director of media relations. There are four smoking lounges at the airport, including two Aviator's Club Smoking Lounge locations, but there is no clothing-optional area, Coale said, nor are there plans to create one anytime soon.

http://overheadbin.msnbc.msn.com/_n...estioned-at-denver-international-airport?lite

Guess we know where that one former forum member ran off to:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/26/2818832/naked-man-shot-killed-on-macarthur.html

It was a scene as creepy as a Hannibal Lecter movie. One man was shot to death by Miami police, and another man is fighting for his life after he was attacked, and his face allegedly half eaten, by a naked man on the MacArthur Causeway off ramp Saturday, police said. The horror began about 2 p.m. when a series of gunshots were heard on the ramp, which is along NE 13th Street, just south of The Miami Herald building.

According to police sources, a road ranger saw a naked man chewing on another man’s face and shouted on his loud speaker for him to back away.Meanwhile, a woman also saw the incident and flagged down a police officer who was in the area. The officer, who has not been identified, approached and, seeing what was happening, also ordered the naked man to back away. When he continued the assault, the officer shot him, police sources said. The attacker failed to stop after being shot, forcing the officer to continue firing. Witnesses said they heard at least a half dozen shots.

Miami police were on the scene, which was just south of The Miami Herald building on Biscayne Boulevard. The naked man who was killed lay face down on the pedestrian walkway just below the newspaper’s two-story parking garage. Police have requested The Herald’s video surveillance tapes. The other man was transported to the hospital with critical injuries, according to police. Their identities were not released.

The incident, which came as crowds descended upon South Beach for the annual Urban Beach Week hip-hop festival, snarled traffic on the causeway for several hours. In a text message, Javier Ortiz, spokesman for Miami police’s Fraternal Order of Police, said the officer who fired the fatal shots was “a hero.”
“Based on the information provided, our Miami police officer is a hero and saved a life,’’ he said. Sergeant Altarr Williams, supervisor of Miami police’s Homicide Unit, said a man doesn’t have to be armed to be dangerous. “There are other ways to injure people,’’ Williams said. “Some people know martial arts, others are very strong and can kill you with their hands.’’

Investigators believe the victim may have been homeless and laying down when the crazed man pounced. Police theorize the attacker might have been suffering from "cocaine psychosis," a drug-induced craze that bakes the body internally and often leads the affected to strip naked to try and cool off.
Miami Herald writers Alexandra Leon and Curtis Morgan contributed to this report.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/26/2818832/naked-man-shot-killed-on-macarthur.html#storylink=cpy

I saw that early this morning, that is just unreal.

That is something else..

Sent from my iPhone

Link for video: http://fox4kc.com/2012/05/31/multiple-punishments-for-teen-accused-of-texting-in-fatal-accident/

Family of Woman Killed in Texting Accident Shows Compassion to Teen

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Rachel Gannon says that not a day goes by that she doesn’t think about the death of 72-year-old Loretta Larimer, who was killed last September when the Platte County teenager lost control of her vehicle while texting and struck Larimer’s oncoming vehicle head-on. Larimer’s family says that they hope that Gannon’s young life wasn’t ruined after one terrible mistake, and that she and others will learn from the accident to take their driving privileges more seriously.

Gannon, 16, was given five years probation and sentenced to 48 hours of “shock time” in the Platte County jail for texting while driving. She also has to do community service work and must surrender her license. Gannon had earlier pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter, third-degree assault, and operating a motor vehicle while texting in connection to the September 26, 2011, crash along N.W. Skyview Road. A 10-year-old girl riding in the back of Larimer’s car was also injured in the wreck.

In court on Thursday, Gannon apologized to the family of Loretta Larimer. “She said that she thinks about my mother every day,” said Paula Larimer, the victim’s daughter. “So I’m sure that’s true. I’m sure that’s a heavy weight for her. Just as it is for us.”

“I didn’t want to see this young girl go to prison or anything like that,” said Larimer’s son, John Larimer. “I think it would have been very negative, very detrimental.”

Gannon, who was certified to stand trial as an adult, could have been sentenced to four years in prison if convicted of involuntary manslaughter and third-degree assault. Before sentencing on Thursday, Rachel Gannon pleaded guilty to all three charges. The Platte County judge did not sentence Gannon to the more serious charges of involuntary manslaughter and third-degree assault. Instead, the judge sentenced her on the lesser charge of texting while driving.

“I think we all could agree this is a parent’s worst nightmare,” said Gannon’s attorney, Brian Gaddy. “I think we all could be more attentive on our driving. I think there is a message here for the community at large, and that’s to be more careful when you’re driving. So I think hopefully maybe some good could come out of a tragic case.”

If Gannon completes her probation without any additional problems, the charges will be removed from her criminal record. In addition to probation and “shock time,” Gannon will be under house arrest for 72 days and will lose her license until after she graduates from high school. She will also be required to serve 300 hours of community service this summer.

Under Missouri law, texting while driving is only a crime for drivers under age 21.

We had a pig on the Parkway the other day. It was breaking news.

I may have you topped Steel;

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2012/05/31/2859948/face-eating-incident-shocks-even.html
[h=1]Face-eating incident shocks even the most hardened[/h][h=2][/h]By Jane Musgrave - Cox Newspapers

SHARE ON FACEBOOK SHARE ON TWITTER SHARE ON GOOGLE SHARE ON DIGG SHARE ON FARK MORE SHARING SERVICES

E-MAIL PRINT3 COMMENTSTEXT SIZE:
txt_minus.gif
txt_plus.gif

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Even those who make their livings plumbing the darkest recesses of human behavior say they are appalled and perplexed by the so-called Miami face-eater.“I’ve seen a lot of things and I’ve never seen anything like this,” said West Palm Beach psychologist Stephen Alexander, who has examined some of the Palm Beach County’s most notorious killers.“This is so rare, so odd, it’s overwhelming,” agreed Dr. Bruce Harry, a psychiatrist at the medical school at the University of Missouri-Columbia who lists his interests as “serial killers in health care” and “epidemiology of human violent behavior.”

Rudy Eugene

imp

[h=3]Similar stories:[/h]
It will be several weeks before toxicology tests reveal what drugs, if any, prompted 31-year-old Rudy Eugene to devour a homeless man’s face during an unprovoked attack Saturday afternoon on the MacArthur Causeway. When Eugene ignored orders to stop, police shot him dead.While eager to learn what drove Eugene to violate one of the most abiding taboos of Western civilization, psychologists and psychiatrists said they suspect it was fueled by a smorgasbord of drugs that tipped the balance for a man who had long suffered deep psychological ills.“This is very unusual behavior,” Alexander said.The cannibalism alone is one for the record books, he said. “It’s extremely rare,” he said. “It usually involves severe perversion or mental illness.”However, in Eugene’s case, cannibalism wasn’t the only oddity. That the assault occurred in a public place, in broad daylight and that Eugene was naked make it all the more gruesome and inexplicable, Alexander said.Harry agreed. Even the most infamous cannibals, such as Jeffrey Dahmer, performed their despicable acts in private. Convicted in 1992, the Wisconsin man lured more than a dozen young men into his apartment where he killed and dismembered them, keeping some of their body parts as trophies and eating others.Eugene, in contrast, attacked and ate the face of his victim, Ronald Poppo, along a busy highway with cars and bicycles racing past. Grasping for logic to explain the illogical, Harry suggested that perhaps Eugene thought he knew the homeless man.“You usually associate the face with personal identification,” he said. “My guess would be maybe the man resembled someone who he thought he knew or associated him with someone who had wronged him.”Both he and Alexander suspect illegal drugs were involved. Topping their lists are: methamphetamine, crack cocaine, speed and possibly a synthetic drug cocktail known as bath salts, the latest scourge for authorities.Bay County Sheriff Frank McKeithen, who has led a campaign to eradicate bath salts from the state, said he hopes the medical examiner in Miami tests Eugene’s body to determine if he had taken the concoction. Too often such tests aren’t done, he said, which masks the havoc that the dangerous, all-too available and ever-changing chemical cocktails are wreaking statewide.People, he said, do astonishing things while hyped up on bath salts, a powerful synthetic drug that acts on the brain like a stimulant. One man, he said, ripped the radar unit out of the back of a patrol car with his teeth. Another shot through the floor of his apartment, convinced monsters were attacking him from below. A woman chased her mother with a machete, convinced she had to lop off her head to be safe.“They’re fighting things that aren’t there,” he said. “They’re hallucinating.”Teri Barbera, a spokeswoman for the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, said deputies here are familiar with bath salts although they can’t quantify how widespread their use has become. Unlike with other illicit drugs, deputies don’t have a test they can administer to determine if odd behavior is the result of bath salts, she said.Dr. David Bohorquez, director of medicine at St. Mary’s Medical Center’s emergency room in West Palm Beach who also works at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami, said he hasn’t seen one case involving bath salts.Both Alexander and Harry said bath salts could explain Eugene’s macabre behavior. But, they said, other drugs, combined with mental illness, could as well.“It’s just too bizarre to be explained by a single theory,” Harry said.

Yeah, that's tough to top. I heard on the radio this morning though that some dude in Baltimore killed his roommate (or something like that) and ate his organs.

Zombie apocalypse?

Yeah, that's tough to top. I heard on the radio this morning though that some dude in Baltimore killed his roommate (or something like that) and ate his organs.

Zombie apocalypse?
There was something about a guy getting arrested that cut himself open and threw his intestines at the Cops. People just aint right.

What is this bath salt that these peeps are taking? Everything you google about it shows people killing or trying to kill someone or causing some sort of violent act against someone.

Sounds like a blast to take! :loser:

What is this bath salt that these peeps are taking? Everything you google about it shows people killing or trying to kill someone or causing some sort of violent act against someone.

Sounds like a blast to take! :loser:

Like I said..zombie apocalypse.

[h=1]1,200 firefighters battle record New Mexico blaze[/h]ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — More than 1,200 firefighters are battling the nation's largest wildfire that has charred acre after acre of timber and brush in rugged mountains and canyons ofsouthwestern New Mexico, shrouding parts of the region in smoke.The blaze maintained its rapid growth Friday through what New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez termed "impossible" terrain, as forecasters predicted thunderstorms and dry lightning that could spark even more fires.
Fire authorities said the blaze in the Gila National Forest — the largest on record in New Mexico as well as the country's biggest current blaze — had burned through 340 square miles, or 218,000 acres, of terrain.
Firefighters conducted more burnout operations in an effort to corral the erratic blaze that has injured six people, the fire's incident management team said. None of the injuries was serious.
The fire was about 15 percent contained. Fire information officerGerry Perry said most of the resources were being focused on the northern and western ends of the fire.
"The wind situation looks a whole lot better, but we're still expecting that we're going to be busy," he said.
The extended forecast called for more hot, dry weather.
So far, the fire has destroyed a dozen cabins and eight outbuildings.
Perry said the fire is close to the community of Mogollon, but the threat is not imminent since firefighters have been working to protect the structures there by clearing debris and applying special fire-resistant wraps.
It's too early for the ecologists, soil scientists and hydrologists to get on the ground to start assessing the damage, but members of the incident management team have estimated that a majority of the fire has left behind moderate and minimal fire scars.
Officials closed the Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument on Thursday due to smoke generated from the fire. The National Park Service said the closure will remain in effect until conditions improve.
The wildfire near the Arizona border is fueling experts' predictions that this is a preview of things to come across the West as several states contend with a dangerous mix of wind, low humidity and tinder-dry fuels.
Martinez viewed the fire from a National Guard helicopter Thursday and saw the thick smoke shrouding some of the steep canyons that are inaccessible to firefighters. She said that there was no way they could directly attack the flames in the rugged areas of wilderness.
Looking at a blanket of smoke stretching for miles, Martinez used words like "daunting" and "enormous," fitting since fire managers said the blaze could smolder until the region gets significant rainfall.
"It's going to keep going up," she said of the acreage burned. "Be prepared for that."
___

Still burning strong, this fire is making all of us nervous!!

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_276b37b4-ba02-11e1-8e24-0019bb30f31a.html

Missouri police respond to first 'domestic texting' call

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS | Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 6:28 am

MONTGOMERY CITY, Mo. (AP) An eastern Missouri sheriff says his department responded to its first "domestic texting" call after two people in the same home carried out an entire argument through text messages.

Montgomery County Sheriff Robert Davis tells radio station KXEO a deputy went to a home last week in rural Montgomery City on a domestic violence complaint. The sheriff says one of the parties handed the deputy a phone and told him he could read the whole argument. Davis says his deputy didn't arrest anyone because no threats had been made, but the officer did call the state Division of Family Services after seeing a 2-year-old child sleeping in a corner next to animal waste.

Video here: http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/32...ight-each-other-in-front-yard-of-Florida-home

Seminole Co. FL (WESH/CNN) - A pair of black bears sparring in the middle of a Central Florida yard were caught on camera. Folks in the Seminole County community say they're used to seeing bears roam around the neighborhood, but they say they've never seen anything like this. Call it a waltz, a fight, or a test of wills. The video of the two bears in a Longwood neighborhood is amazing, even to people who live around the area and see bears all the time.

"He says, 'Mom, you're not going to believe it. There are two big bears out there fighting.' So, of course, we get up and run out," said Tammy Snell.

By the time she got outside, much of it was over, but thankfully her neighbor has the footage. WESH-TV shipped it to state wildlife officials who say it's something rarely seen. They aren't even sure what to make of it, except a couple of younger males may have been working to establish territory.

"They have been up on their hind legs, going after one another. There was blood. I mean, they were mean to one another," said Snell. "They were fighting and pawing, and all I saw was black fur."

You can't have two adult bears dancing around like that without having something left behind. Huge paw prints were left in a flower bed, and a bush was torn up when they were done with it. Snell says she likes having the wildlife around.

"We love to see them. I mean, we're going to keep our pace from them. I mean, we're not going to go up to them and say, 'Here, bear, have a cookie,' but we love to see them," said Snell.

The bears ended up behind another set of bushes, rolled over the air conditioner, and then just seemed to amble away.

"They start looking over here at me like, 'Do you want some of this?' So I'm like, 'OK. I'm getting my door," said Snell.

No harm, no foul. The bears just took off. Not at a dead run, just moving along after some neighborhood history was caught on video.

That is horrific... It seems so frequent these days, that kids choose to kill (each other or some defenseless animal) rather than talk, except circumstances of behavior, except no for an answer, etc...

The world scares me a bit where the newer generation is concerned.

Back