The "Mildly Annoying" Thread

Someone came and cleaned the water out of my office, but now it smells.

Unless they strip out the carpet, it will get worse.

golf season is here. i might give the putter a run. i unwrapped all the new clubs. it's a shame i can't swing those too.

Really a shame you can't play. When does the Doc plan to release you to swing a club?

Really a shame you can't play. When does the Doc plan to release you to swing a club?

June 1 is when he advised. We'll see what happens.

I left the sling at work on Sunday so spent the last few days without it. It worked out because I had a friend come through visiting for a few days and the sling would've just got in the way. My mobility is coming back....not 100%, but better. I can wash my own hair now....(thank god for the little things).

I'm hoping to be able to tee it up for the Midwest Outing. :crossing fingers:

Golf season is here for me too! It's getting near the 60's the ground is dry.. but no freakin courses are open!!! The local ones are set to open this weekend.

It's almost 80 degrees and I am stuck at work. We switched to a new vacation program at work and now we get hours every pay period. We used to get a lump amount at the beginning of the year. I'm saving my hours for my trip to Florida, but I really want to get out of here today.

Also, sick time comes out of your PTO instead of being separate. They changed due to the small percentage of people that abused the old system. Ugh.

I was going to do some chipping and putting yesterday after work, but decided to go home and help take care of the sick boy. Soon enough, I suppose :act-up:

This is going to be a bad day.. I'm trying to sleep but my parents are being so loud.. somehow the vents when they are blowing air make my door shake like crazy. It's opening day for golf season and its raining, windy and the forecast has a chance of snow.

Sorry to hear that Dent. Hope you can get out soon!

I have to give a 8 minute brief for part of a 2 hour brief starting at 12:30, and it's just a dry-run. After that is a "team meeting" from 3-4:30... something about boosting moral. To make matters worst, a co-worker just stopped by, he and a buddy are going out to play 18 for his B-day, and wanted to know if I'd be a third. Clubs are in the car, but I have that 8 minutes of "glory" among 2 hours of boredom... gonna be a looong day. :banghead:

I have to give a 8 minute brief for part of a 2 hour brief starting at 12:30, and it's just a dry-run. After that is a "team meeting" from 3-4:30... something about boosting moral. To make matters worst, a co-worker just stopped by, he and a buddy are going out to play 18 for his B-day, and wanted to know if I'd be a third. Clubs are in the car, but I have that 8 minutes of "glory" among 2 hours of boredom... gonna be a looong day. :banghead:

I have a friend who was chief engineer at an industrial plant and after working there for about 6 months, he told them he would no longer attend the endless meetings they had. He told them it was ruining his productivity and if there was anything discussed in the meeting he really needed to know to please send him a memo. He said that in two years, he had never attended a meeting and had never gotten a memo to inform him of something important. I guess that is an indication how important those meeting were. By the way, his boss loves him because the plant is running better than ever and some long term problems have finally been resolved. Most of that is due to him being available to address the problems in real life instead of virtual meeting life.

I have a friend who was chief engineer at an industrial plant and after working there for about 6 months, he told them he would no longer attend the endless meetings they had. He told them it was ruining his productivity and if there was anything discussed in the meeting he really needed to know to please send him a memo. He said that in two years, he had never attended a meeting and had never gotten a memo to inform him of something important. I guess that is an indication how important those meeting were. By the way, his boss loves him because the plant is running better than ever and some long term problems have finally been resolved. Most of that is due to him being available to address the problems in real life instead of virtual meeting life.

He, sir, clearly does not work for the government. I do... 'nuff said!

He, sir, clearly does not work for the government. I do... 'nuff said!
I'll have to get back to you with a response. I am tied up in a meeting. :meeting:

Really, I am on my way to play golf.:golf2::golf3:

:laughing:

Sorry to hear that Dent. Hope you can get out soon!

Thanks Hawk. If my guesses are right, its raining right now, and then the temperatures are eventually going to freeze that rain overnight, making the courses frosted and now having to start from square one. The winter process is starting all over again.

Sitting at work while its FINALLY 63* outside and NOT raining! Its literally almost perfect outside besides the saturated ground. Sunday is golf!!

I played 36 today! That was a lot of fun, but I got the worst sunburn I have had in yeeeeaaaarrrsss!

Wear sunscreen!

Rain and cold fronts are mildly annoying. I was able to be out digging holes at work and playing sand volleyball after hours at the beginning of the week and now I'm back to being stuck in the office. Hopefully our soil pits dry out so we can get back into them Monday and snag some samples.

paying a 1% wage tax for living in my borough

paying a 1% wage tax for living in my borough
They have that in Kansas City, Missouri. But that's not just if you live there. If you work there and live elsewhere you pay it too. (I think they still have it)

I would have a lot more money and play a lot more golf if i didn't have to pay taxes.

Kevin

Back