The Morgan Cup - Game Week

CG is a champ. Soaking wet and fighting the elements and a charcoal grill that got put out by the rain and improvising like the creative genius he is to feed 15 Morgan Cuppers. He's my hero right now.

602f9d8b-b66c-6dc2.jpg

602f9d8b-b67c-5308.jpg

602f9d8b-b690-e2bb.jpg

602f9d8b-b6a1-c90f.jpg

Thanks for the pics, biggsy.

took me a while to get through all the posts....but thanks for all the updates and pictures!!! Looks like an incredible experience for all involved. Good luck to everyone!

I'm very happy to hear your report on initial impressions of these irons. Large sweet spot and high ball flight will be good for a lot of golfers - including me. My R11's are somewhere on order, and I'm anxiously awaiting delivery. Even changed my Avatar.

I'm glad to see that everyone is enjoying themselves and having a blast at the event so far. Good luck and good hitting to everyone.

I'll definitely be giving more feedback. The other TM guys who have the irons had high praise for them as well.

Not at all what expected. Thinner top line, forgiveness, high flight, longer, beautiful sound.

Really thrilled I chose these.

CG13 a/k/a the EverReady bunny

everready.jpg

Thanks for sharing pics and videos!

Last edited:
Sounds like a great evening.. BBQ, beer, and great company!

Looks like an awesome get together. Golf, beer, and friends. Keep the updates coming fellas, we are all jealous of you and know that you are having a great time. Enjoy every second.

Looks like such a blast guys!!

Ive had my eyes on this thread all day waiting for some feedback on the R11 irons. Please keep us updated with your thoughts and experiences.
Have fun and wish you guys many birdies!!

Got my bags all packed up and sitting by the door. Doubt I'll sleep much tonight since I'm excited as a teenage boy on prom night...and I'm just a spectator for the MC.

--
tapatalk

Tomorrow is the day, woo hoo

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Tomorrow is the day, woo hoo

Been a long time coming right? Looking forward to the coverage.

---
- ...just tap it in...

Been a long time coming right? Looking forward to the coverage.

---
- ...just tap it in...

It doesn't seem like it has been that long ago since this event was announced.

Got my bags all packed up and sitting by the door. Doubt I'll sleep much tonight since I'm excited as a teenage boy on prom night...and I'm just a spectator for the MC.

--
tapatalk

Have a safe trip my man. See you soon!

Most of us hanging out tonight before the big media day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
4701f73d-cdc0-ffc2.jpg

Thanks for sharing Kevin

I hit coolbreez r11's and loved them

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

Hmmm glad u like them, I Gota try them

I didn't know you were a switch hitter

Look at you all red... you're sh!tfaced aren't you? Clearly a trait of awesomeness.

This Morgan Cup has to be the single coolest thing I have ever seen! Congrats and enjoy!

This Morgan Cup has to be the single coolest thing I have ever seen! Congrats and enjoy!

I was just thinking that (again). I hope a few years down the road that this is something I can experience. All the participants must be feeling on the top of the world.

Let me add to that post....The Hackers Paradise has to be the single coolest forum, I have ever been a part of. Glad I found it!

Let me add to that post....The Hackers Paradise has to be the single coolest forum, I have ever been a part of. Glad I found it!

I'm gonna have to agree with that. This place is great.

As mentioned, all TMC participants and few significant others gathered in CG13's townhouse for dinner. His plan was to grill burgers and brats. Plans for dinner were delayed somewhat due to Tropical Storm TMC. We had a down pour/t-storm that was pretty epic. The pools at the condos overflowed. CG13 along with some help from DD67's wife had made about 1,400 hamburgers and 1,700 bratwurst, along with 19 pans of oven roasted potatoes. The rain precluded the grilling of the meat stuffs. So the tireless one, CG13, pan fried everything. This hep cat has so much energy it's mind bottling. All this in a condo with an inoperative AC unit. Look at our man sweat to get us fed.

017-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

Some group photos.

023.jpg

018.jpg

The brothers Gomer interview Jake about the size of his head. Slightly expanded today after a win at Grand Cypress. Jake's a fabulous guy.

010.jpg

A local AC expert was sent to repair the cooling system so TMCers could be comfortable. Here he is sitting on the toilet and vacuuming the AC filter. A nice fellow who was also very warm. But he got the job done.

014-1.jpg

Finally, a self portrait of me from yesterday. Excited to be in FL.

006-3.jpg

I just hope everyone understands how much I've enjoyed the last two days. I hope JB and GG understand it, too. This has been a phenomenal experience and the really good stuff starts tomorrow. Thanks to TaylorMade and Callaway, too. Incredible. I'm a little nervous about media day tomorrow. I don't really know what to expect, but I'm sure it will go well, just like everything else.

One more thank you to CG13 for cooking for us. The poor guy did not get a lot of help, the AC, grill, and weather did not cooperate, yet he filled our TMC bellies. Way to go man, way to go.

Kevin
The tired one.

Back