The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played a little last weekend, but haven't looked at a club since. I'm more stressed about my daughter's game and leaving my wife with a business that's going crazy. I think media day is going to be a blast. Probably some nervousness at first, but it should be fun once we settle in. Right now I'm completely calm about the golf. It might change as things get close I guess.

Kevin

I like that, life concerns > how many points you win.

I like that, life concerns > how many points you win.

That may be the most idiotic thing I have ever seen posted. I feel dumber since reading that. Is puttin4cicispizza logged in under your account?

I just woke up and totally skimmed, whats been discussed this morning? Oh well, no time to wait for an answer, I have 72 holes schedualed for today and I have to get started.

Did you just call The Belbs Tigger? Or was that a Tiger Woods reference?

That may be the most idiotic thing I have ever seen posted. I feel dumber since reading that. Is puttin4cicispizza logged in under your account?

HAHAHA that was funny. It never gets old. Later Im going to do something stupid and be puttin4walmart. But I need some deodorant. Dont want to be puttin4stank

I just woke up and totally skimmed, whats been discussed this morning? Oh well, no time to wait for an answer, I have 72 holes schedualed for today and I have to get started.

:laughing: Good one CB!

HAHAHA that was funny. It never gets old. Later Im going to do something stupid and be puttin4walmart. But I need some deodorant. Dont want to be puttin4stank

Puttin4sausagegravy is camping. He just woke up? Said "I should just miss my flight". And then rolled over and cried a little.

Good luck to all playing, I cant wait to watch and read about whats going on down there.

Man soo much to catch up on, regardless I wish everyone a good time and nothing but fun

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

I completely agree. There's some dudes who are working really hard and to me, that creates more pressure. You're pressuring yourself to perform due to the "hard work" you're putting in. Hard work is fine but when it becomes your sole focus, man, i'd hate to be in those shoes come Saturday. It's just another round of golf to me. Not to discount anyone's efforts in creating or organizing this event but what I'm truly nervous about is definitely Friday. That's where I need to perform, for my sponsor and for THP. My golf game is what it is, and I'll play my hardest and I'll either win matches or I won't. I'm just honored to be able to call myself a part of the first ever Morgan Cup.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Agree completely TC. I'd certainly like to play and practice more than I have been lately, but my game is what it is at this point. My priorities are to represent TaylorMade, represent THP, and have fun.

Congrats to esox for your "Incredible shrinking man" act...and cool for kicking that incredibly difficult habit. You two have been an inspiration since day 1.

TC...you brought some wisdom this morning, thank you brother. Three weeks ago I took on a project that ate into my free time significantly. It also ate into my practice time. I didn't worry about it. I started with my adjustments months ago and knew I'd be at my best by this time. If I wasn't, who cares, I tried as best as I could and I had a blast doing so. I never understood your break more than I do now. When I picked up a club after 12 days, it felt better than ever and was quite refreshing. I'm sure I gave you sone crap about your breaks, but now I get it, thank you!

Media Day will be the part of this event that almost all of us is unfamiliar with. That's why the progression of videos became easier for most if not all of us, I know it did for me. I felt real uncomfortable in front of a camera at first, then I forgot about it. I still don't know if it was good prep or not, but it's all I could do to prepare for it. I'm going to have fun with it. I'm going to have enjoy the media day. I've never experienced anything like it, so I'm embracing the experience and not fearing it. Still feel incredibly lucky to be a part of this entire experience. Thank you THP!

Less than 3 days now and I head North to Reunion. It's going to be an epic blast.

I completely agree. There's some dudes who are working really hard and to me, that creates more pressure. You're pressuring yourself to perform due to the "hard work" you're putting in. Hard work is fine but when it becomes your sole focus, man, i'd hate to be in those shoes come Saturday. It's just another round of golf to me. Not to discount anyone's efforts in creating or organizing this event but what I'm truly nervous about is definitely Friday. That's where I need to perform, for my sponsor and for THP. My golf game is what it is, and I'll play my hardest and I'll either win matches or I won't. I'm just honored to be able to call myself a part of the first ever Morgan Cup.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Nice post TC. I actually think that Friday will be the easy part, we get to talk about how awesome our clubs are all day long! We already talk about equipment on here all the time, so it'll be an easy transition. Plus, if it doesn't go well the first time, there's multiple takes, you can't get that on the golf course. I'm sure they'll even find a way to all of us look good on camera. :wink:

Out today for the last time before TMC. Going for my third consecutive round under par. Hoping to set a new personal best.

ahhhha I LOVE IT JROD!!! those are some amazing rounds

Did you just call The Belbs Tigger? Or was that a Tiger Woods reference?

ahhhaha the Belbs is in for some tough first day matchups!

last day for me; packing, getting everything ready for the trip - bed early - airport by 5:30 am; in florida by 12;30! woo hoo!

cant believe this is really happening - every day we get closer, it just gets more real.

You guys are quitters. I've been cramming so much lately. I only golf to practice and not have fun. Instead of playing my fade or hook I'm trying to correct it.

I've got 43 holes scheduled for today and 92 for tomorrow.

I'll concede GIRs but no putts. Just a warning.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

You guys are quitters. I've been cramming so much lately. I only golf to practice and not have fun. Instead of playing my fade or hook I'm trying to correct it.

I've got 43 holes scheduled for today and 92 for tomorrow.

I'll concede GIRs but no putts. Just a warning.

You're badas$ I'm glad I'm not playing you cause I feel I would lose after 6 holes.

reviewing all the matchups before i pack waiting on laundry:

TC and OEM vs P4B & OneT....

best ball?? game over for paradise.

JROD/JB - against biggsy/belbin -- the way JROD is playing, and with the game of JB - not one pairing on paradise could keep this alive. GAME OVER paradise

DD/AD vs Esox/Yoccos -- this may be the only chance Paradise has - bc its the first match esox plays. hell be rested and ready and it still isnt a lock. DD and AD can stay in this - and i think its the closest match of round 1.

CG/CB vs DDEC/ARY - CB and I are playing pretty well, i think DDEC is always ready, but i have no idea what ary's game is at bc frankly he doesnt post about it - still think we roll .

hackers up 4-0 after first rond - and team paradise is in scramble mode for round 2.

Round 2. Better ball - so the lowest team score counts... that is HUGE.
TC/DD vs Belbin/Ary --- belbin better hope hes on FIRE - bc they wont use one of ARY's score the whole day, if they do - game over after 11.

JROD/CB vs Biggsy/P4b --- again both hackers are playing the best golf of their lives -- biggsy can keep this interesting with some low scores - but we all know Jake cant shoot PAR in florida - so if oyu have to count his bogey's and double's its over early again. Biggsy better be ready. JROD in two rounds is a SCARY test for the captain of team paradise.

JB/OEM vs ESOX/DDEC --- hmmm... JB shot +1 over here.... esox and ddec will need ot be playing out of their MINDS to stay in this. AND i think esox plays real good golf - question is can he sustain 36 in the florida heat (hell can any of us?) the greatness that is JB wins this one.

CG/AD vs OneT/Yoccos -- this is going to be a fantastic match. Both One T and Yoccos are funny guys - so well just have a great time teeing it up - On my best day I dont think i can hold a candle to One-T's game but i am sure going to try - if AD and I can get into a rhythym we might be able to throw up some PAR's and keep this close - i hope. but im giving myself the loss here.

Hackers 3-1 after round 2 - and its all but over going into singles;

Hackers up 7-1 or even 8-0.

I wont make predictions, but I believe I shot even par, not +1.
And you got one thing right....The greatness that is JB.
The Wow Factor never backpedals

Interesting thoughts there CG, here is my prediction for the event, and trust me, I'm never wrong with my prediction so Team Paradise should be scared:

Spoiler
Most fun golf weekend of our lives!!!!!

Interesting thoughts there CG, here is my prediction for the event, and trust me, I'm never wrong with my prediction so Team Paradise should be scared:

Spoiler
Most fun golf weekend of our lives!!!!!

Interesting thoughts CB. You might be right though. Only one other thing could make it better. ME!!

Interesting thoughts CB. You might be right though. Only one other thing could make it better. ME!!

That would make it better, but the problem is, Reunion grew out the rough for the event, and your teammates might have gotten distracted making sure you didn't get lost in there.

That would make it better, but the problem is, Reunion grew out the rough for the event, and your teammates might have gotten distracted making sure you didn't get lost in there.

Silly Canadian. That is why I only hit fairways and greens

I can't wait to golf with CG. He is always drunk!!

Silly Canadian. That is why I only hit fairways and greens

I forgot about that! Wish you could be there.

I can't wait to golf with CG. He is always drunk!!

The fact he is playing a round with One-T is a little scary then. Maybe the one that manages to stay the most sober wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back