The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll be there with me in spirit. Even JB loves to drag putts.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

No he doesn't. Those are beneath him.

I forgot about that! Wish you could be there.

The fact he is playing a round with One-T is a little scary then. Maybe the one that manages to stay the most sober wins?

Whoever is caddying for that group will have a tough time picking the greatest

You'll be there with me in spirit. Even JB loves to drag putts.

JB actually hits putts so he doesn't need to drag putt. One day when he is a little older he will notice he is not hitting those 6 footers anymore. He will turn to the dark side eventually

I forgot about that! Wish you could be there.

The fact he is playing a round with One-T is a little scary then. Maybe the one that manages to stay the most sober wins?

LOL. I think CG is going to be in detox mode because of the no alcohol rule.

Chunky would be great to have there. Gonna be fun to see all the supporters.

I think you're playing in that match aren't you? You might have to be the designated putter. Friends don't let friends putt drunk Yoccos.

I can't wait to golf with CG. He is always drunk!!

i think our round is going to be the most fun!

JB actually hits putts so he doesn't need to drag putt. One day when he is a little older he will notice he is not hitting those 6 footers anymore. He will turn to the dark side eventually

I think so too. He said he is above them but noone is. Noone.

I think you're playing in that match aren't you? You might have to be the designated putter. Friends don't let friends putt drunk Yoccos.

I am. Ike and Tina reunited for a round. Can't wait!!!

I think so too. He said he is above them but noone is. Noone.

Clearly that confusion you are having has spread

Me too. Haha. We are gonna hit some awesome slices.

don't forget about the fat shots too bro!

Man, when I know I am on camera I'm going to be club twirling like crazy out there! If its a really good shot, I'm going to hold my finish, club twirl to sword sheathing, then a bow to my fans!

Man, when I know I am on camera I'm going to be club twirling like crazy out there! If its a really good shot, I'm going to hold my finish, club twirl to sword sheathing, then a bow to my fans!

I might do the club twirl and holster it all in one motion. Of course my only good shots may come on the range, so I will just do it on every shot.

Clearly that confusion you are having has spread

I have a cream for it now.

Deano I like my fat shots. I just play it now.

Coolbreeze, I'm working on holding the finish but its a slow process for me

Interesting thoughts there CG, here is my prediction for the event, and trust me, I'm never wrong with my prediction so Team Paradise should lbe scared:

Spoiler
Most fun golf weekend of our lives!!!!!

hahah yea it is def going to be a freaking fantastic weekend!!! i am so excited.

I have a cream for it now.

Deano I like my fat shots. I just play it now.

Coolbreeze, I'm working on holding the finish but its a slow process for me

you hit some of the best fat shots that I have ever seen, play your game

I wont make predictions, but I believe I shot even par, not +1.
And you got one thing right....The greatness that is JB.
The Wow Factor never backpedals

dang my bad JB!! i thought i heard in the movie you were +1. my fault didnt meean to subtract from your fantastic round O GREAT ONE :)

reviewing all the matchups before i pack waiting on laundry:

TC and OEM vs P4B & OneT....

best ball?? game over for paradise.

JROD/JB - against biggsy/belbin -- the way JROD is playing, and with the game of JB - not one pairing on paradise could keep this alive. GAME OVER paradise

DD/AD vs Esox/Yoccos -- this may be the only chance Paradise has - bc its the first match esox plays. hell be rested and ready and it still isnt a lock. DD and AD can stay in this - and i think its the closest match of round 1.

CG/CB vs DDEC/ARY - CB and I are playing pretty well, i think DDEC is always ready, but i have no idea what ary's game is at bc frankly he doesnt post about it - still think we roll .

hackers up 4-0 after first rond - and team paradise is in scramble mode for round 2.

Round 2. Better ball - so the lowest team score counts... that is HUGE.
TC/DD vs Belbin/Ary --- belbin better hope hes on FIRE - bc they wont use one of ARY's score the whole day, if they do - game over after 11.

JROD/CB vs Biggsy/P4b --- again both hackers are playing the best golf of their lives -- biggsy can keep this interesting with some low scores - but we all know Jake cant shoot PAR in florida - so if oyu have to count his bogey's and double's its over early again. Biggsy better be ready. JROD in two rounds is a SCARY test for the captain of team paradise.

JB/OEM vs ESOX/DDEC --- hmmm... JB shot +1 over here.... esox and ddec will need ot be playing out of their MINDS to stay in this. AND i think esox plays real good golf - question is can he sustain 36 in the florida heat (hell can any of us?) the greatness that is JB wins this one.

CG/AD vs OneT/Yoccos -- this is going to be a fantastic match. Both One T and Yoccos are funny guys - so well just have a great time teeing it up - On my best day I dont think i can hold a candle to One-T's game but i am sure going to try - if AD and I can get into a rhythym we might be able to throw up some PAR's and keep this close - i hope. but im giving myself the loss here.

Hackers 3-1 after round 2 - and its all but over going into singles;

Hackers up 7-1 or even 8-0.

My gosh, your confidence is amazing, can't wait to shut you up in a few days.

Let's go to the breakdown of the matches and point out where you are wrong, and maybe I'll be a little more realistic than you are.

Scramble matches....
TC/OEM vs. P4B/One-T: This is basically TC on his own with OEM maybe contributing a couple of shots, give me the team that will have 2 guys hitting good shots. Team Paradise takes this matchup, 2-up.

JRod/JB vs. biggsy/belbin: This is the most interesting matchup if the first round for me. JB and biggsy both know how to play in Florida so no team has a big advantage there. JB has had some better scores recently than biggsy, so slight edge to that team. I think what matters more in this match is how the games of JRod and belbin adjust to playing in Florida, as both of them have a comfort level on their home tracks right now. I think this match will be very close...we'll call it 1-up for Team Hackers, but wouldn't be surprised to have it go either way.

CB/CG13 vs ddec/ary: Another pretty even matchup. I like that ddec and I have already played a round together, we know each other's strengths and weaknesses. We're going to come in under the radar, and we're going to feed well off of one another. CB and CG13 are playing pretty well right now, but our games are coming together as well, I think this match actually ends up halved with one team making a birdie on 18 to tie it up.

DD/AD vs Esox/Yoccos: Esox brings a ton of experience and consistency to this matchup, and Yoccos will be able to swing freely knowing his partner will always be in the fairway. Contrast that with DD and AD, who will both be inexperienced in these settings, I'll go with Team Paradise in a 3-and-2 win.

After the morning matches: Team Paradise 2.5, Team Hackers 1.5.

Best ball matches....

TC/DD vs Belbin/Ary: CG, I can guarantee you that we're going to use some of my scores in this format, both belbin and I can have some blow-up holes, but it's best ball so those holes are going to offset one another. Belbin and myself are the underdogs in this match, so just going by that, I'll give the win to Team Hackers 1-up. Of course, matches aren't played on paper...

JRod/CB vs Biggsy/P4B: This is definitely an even matchup, really could go either way. You guys can make fun of P4B all you want, but he's been playing some good golf recently, and so has JRod. I think that JRod and CB could actually be more explosive in a best ball format as opposed to stroke play, while Biggsy and P4B will be the more consistent team. I'll take the more consistent team, plus Biggsy's knowledge of the course will help out as well, Team Paradise wins 2-and-1.

JB/OEM vs Esox/Ddec: I know that Esox won't be intimidated by the Wow factor or whatever JB is calling himself, that is for sure. Does OEM have some good holes in him to contribute in the best ball format? I think that Esox and ddec are going to play a pretty similar game, and they're not going to take themselves out of many holes by making mistakes. However, I'll take JB is what is almost a home game for him as he'll make OEM pretty comfortable in that pairing as well, they win 2-and-1.

CG/AD vs One-T/Yoccos: One-T and Yoccos are going to have the most fun of any team that plays a match together, that is for sure. On top of that, they are the more consistent team, and in particular, I think One-T's game really sets up well for best ball. I"ll give this match easily to Team Paradise, 3-and-2.

At the completion of the first day: Team Paradise 4.5, Team Hackers 3.5. That sets us up for a compelling set of singles matches on Sunday. Of course, I have confidence in all of my team members like CG13 has in his team, but to think that the matches will be 7-1 or 8-0 after the first day is just ridiculous.

hah i dont drink on the golf course, well in fun scrambles etc sure - but not when im working on something - or in a competition! are you crazy!!!

well have plenty of beer to drink at the condo!

don't forget about the fat shots too bro!

i love your teammate is calling you out for fat shots - and breaking shafts - that was my tactic deano!

I like it!! I practiced for a full hour at the range yesterday on my club twirling. Kept hitting myself in the head.

Can you teach me all of this? I tried to club-twirl once, ended up smacking myself in the head with the club. It wasn't pretty. At least I didn't draw blood, unlike CG13 vs. car trunk recently.

I can tell you this...I will be fist-pumping like it's going out of style. You may think I got that inspiration from a certain golf with the initials TW. That's not the case at all, these guys are my real inspiration:

FistJersey.jpg

My gosh, your confidence is amazing, can't wait to shut you up in a few days.

Let's go to the breakdown of the matches and point out where you are wrong, and maybe I'll be a little more realistic than you are.

Scramble matches....
TC/OEM vs. P4B/One-T: This is basically TC on his own with OEM maybe contributing a couple of shots, give me the team that will have 2 guys hitting good shots. Team Paradise takes this matchup, 2-up.

JRod/JB vs. biggsy/belbin: This is the most interesting matchup if the first round for me. JB and biggsy both know how to play in Florida so no team has a big advantage there. JB has had some better scores recently than biggsy, so slight edge to that team. I think what matters more in this match is how the games of JRod and belbin adjust to playing in Florida, as both of them have a comfort level on their home tracks right now. I think this match will be very close...we'll call it 1-up for Team Hackers, but wouldn't be surprised to have it go either way.

CB/CG13 vs ddec/ary: Another pretty even matchup. I like that ddec and I have already played a round together, we know each other's strengths and weaknesses. We're going to come in under the radar, and we're going to feed well off of one another. CB and CG13 are playing pretty well right now, but our games are coming together as well, I think this match actually ends up halved with one team making a birdie on 18 to tie it up.

DD/AD vs Esox/Yoccos: Esox brings a ton of experience and consistency to this matchup, and Yoccos will be able to swing freely knowing his partner will always be in the fairway. Contrast that with DD and AD, who will both be inexperienced in these settings, I'll go with Team Paradise in a 3-and-2 win.

After the morning matches: Team Paradise 2.5, Team Hackers 1.5.

Best ball matches....

TC/DD vs Belbin/Ary: CG, I can guarantee you that we're going to use some of my scores in this format, both belbin and I can have some blow-up holes, but it's best ball so those holes are going to offset one another. Belbin and myself are the underdogs in this match, so just going by that, I'll give the win to Team Hackers 1-up. Of course, matches aren't played on paper...

JRod/CB vs Biggsy/P4B: This is definitely an even matchup, really could go either way. You guys can make fun of P4B all you want, but he's been playing some good golf recently, and so has JRod. I think that JRod and CB could actually be more explosive in a best ball format as opposed to stroke play, while Biggsy and P4B will be the more consistent team. I'll take the more consistent team, plus Biggsy's knowledge of the course will help out as well, Team Paradise wins 2-and-1.

JB/OEM vs Esox/Ddec: I know that Esox won't be intimidated by the Wow factor or whatever JB is calling himself, that is for sure. Does OEM have some good holes in him to contribute in the best ball format? I think that Esox and ddec are going to play a pretty similar game, and they're not going to take themselves out of many holes by making mistakes. However, I'll take JB is what is almost a home game for him as he'll make OEM pretty comfortable in that pairing as well, they win 2-and-1.

CG/AD vs One-T/Yoccos: One-T and Yoccos are going to have the most fun of any team that plays a match together, that is for sure. On top of that, they are the more consistent team, and in particular, I think One-T's game really sets up well for best ball. I"ll give this match easily to Team Paradise, 3-and-2.

At the completion of the first day: Team Paradise 4.5, Team Hackers 3.5. That sets us up for a compelling set of singles matches on Sunday. Of course, I have confidence in all of my team members like CG13 has in his team, but to think that the matches will be 7-1 or 8-0 after the first day is just ridiculous.

Wow, CG13 just threw praise at his teammates in a fun trash talk predictions. I love that you feel your team shows weakness before it starts.
For the record, Home Game? I have played Reunion less than your captain and never played one of the courses. But you already gave the Icon his wins...
And you predicted a loss for yourself? Awesome!
I truly love that you predicted a loss for the dream team. The one matchup that was requested.
As your captain put it, delusional....But clearly for other reasons.

Nice post TC. I actually think that Friday will be the easy part, we get to talk about how awesome our clubs are all day long! We already talk about equipment on here all the time, so it'll be an easy transition. Plus, if it doesn't go well the first time, there's multiple takes, you can't get that on the golf course. I'm sure they'll even find a way to all of us look good on camera. :wink:

You do realize that media day is broadcast completely live right?
While you may get a second or third take for some promos, the entire thing is live and broadcast to close to the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back