The Movie Review Thread

Just watched Zero Dark Thirty...very good in my opinion. Both that and Argo (which was just a touch better) are proof that truth is stranger than fiction. If either of those hadn't been based on actual events, neither would have been believable at all.

I have both of these in my iPad and plan on watching next week on my trip. I heard both were excellent.

Olympus has fallen found it ironic it involves north korea movie was good :good: :good: there are a bunch of good movies coming this summer from the trailers ive seen??

Just saw Oblivion tonight. Do love me a good Sci Fi, and this was the best offering since Prometheus. I loved it great great great flick. Worth the price of admission.

Just seen Olympus has fallen with my wife today. We both that it was awesome. Lots of action. Some bits of the plot were predictable but it didn't take away from the movie. It was abit weird how it involved North Korea, with what is happening over there at the moment.

I saw Oblivion yesterday as well. I too thought it was good. Good action, plot line and pace. The previews before the movie showed quite a few sci-fi movies coming up.

Anybody seen 42?

Anybody seen 42?

Watched it earlier this week. Pretty good movie, though I liked Soul of the Game better. Of course, that's one of my favorite baseball movies ever

Iron Man 3, go see it!

Saw it this morning. Meh! Better than 2 but that is not saying that much. Too many plot holes to get past. Hard to say but RDJ may be played out as IM in stand alone movies.

Saw it this morning. Meh! Better than 2 but that is not saying that much. Too many plot holes to get past. Hard to say but RDJ may be played out as IM in stand alone movies.

I enjoyed it and RDJ. The movie is a lot better than 2, but the end action in 2 was better than 3. IMO My wife really enjoyed it too.

We went to see Iron Man 3 in 3d last night. It was good. Good to see Pepper go all bad azz!

I thought Iron Man 3 was excellent. Great action flick with lots of laughs in there too.

I seriously doubt that there will be another Iron Man BUT with another Thor, Capt. America & Avengers, we haven't seen the last of Tony Stark. I've read somewhere that there might be another Hulk in the works as well.
Add in another X Men & it's a good time to like comic books.

Iron Man 3 was good, but it left me a bit confused at times. For the story it had, it should have been a longer movie. Definitely good though. Curious to see how the Avengers storyline plays out after that conclusion.

Ironman as a franchise should die. Was not impressed by the performance or movie at all. But I'm a stickler for continuity in movies and this one did not have it.

Spoiler
I thought the ARC REACTOR power his suits? Now all the sudden he doesn't need it? And in Ironman2 he built a reactor so strong to never run out of power, yet he runs out and crashes in Tennessee? *shakes head....

Ironman as a franchise should die. Was not impressed by the performance or movie at all. But I'm a stickler for continuity in movies and this one did not have it.

Spoiler
I thought the ARC REACTOR power his suits? Now all the sudden he doesn't need it? And in Ironman2 he built a reactor so strong to never run out of power, yet he runs out and crashes in Tennessee? *shakes head....

Spoiler
It does, however it also ran the other suits he wasn't in, like War Machine's suit, it can be mounted to the suit and not him.

He crashes because the suite was a prototype, not because of the chest ARC.

Spoiler
It does, however it also ran the other suits he wasn't in, like War Machine's suit, it can be mounted to the suit and not him.

He crashes because the suite was a prototype, not because of the chest ARC.

That's the way I understood it as well.

But it's a movie based on a comic book I grew up with, with stuff blowing up. I'm easily entertained.

I really want to see that movie Now You See Me. It has potential to be amazing!

Saw IM3 yesterday, found some portions of it very satisfying while others made me want to just get up and leave.

Spoiler
I liked that they portrayed IM as a human with human issues, it was interesting to see him dealing with PTSD. On the other hand, they made the Mandarin into a joke. He was arguably IM's worst enemy and they turned him into a drunken, womanizing buffoon.

Overall, being a comic book fan from the time they were still 8 cents to buy one, I was not overly impressed with this directors vision of IM

I really hope FF6 turns out well. I love that series.

IM3 really didn't do it for me. It wasn't bad, but not good by any means.

Spoiler
I wanted to see more Iron Man at his best fighting this guy. He was always switching suits and the suits were malfunctioning and all this crap. I wanted him at 100% taking down this dude. Plus, making The Mandarin into a joke really put me off. He's supposed to be a really badass dude. I also hated the lack of development on Iron Patriot as a gov't figure.

Silver Lining: Paltrow is HOT in a Sports Bra. Plus, I enjoyed the story of Stark's personal demons.

I felt similar about IM3 JT.

Back