The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to point out he was from South Carolina. :alien:

I just read this, the guy is from a small town that's about 15 miles outside of Charleston. I'm not shocked that a redneck from there had a Taser.

I think the bigger story was that it got into the stadium to begin with....on 9/11 no less!

I just read this, the guy is from a small town that's about 15 miles outside of Charleston. I'm not shocked that a redneck from there had a Taser.

I think the bigger story was that it got into the stadium to begin with....on 9/11 no less!

That is rather disturbing he was able to get into the stadium with that, on 9/11

I hope that John Fox puts Tebow into a game. Just to see what happens.

they do a very general pat down, he could of had it hidden somewhere.. uh bad! and if he did too bad it didnt go off lol

I hope that John Fox puts Tebow into a game. Just to see what happens.

What's the old saying, "If you listen to the fans, sooner or later, you'll be sitting with the fans."

Must suck to have a 300+ yard passer like Orton with so little proven talent around him and a bad run defense. I know everyone wants to pile on the QB win or lose, but Denver has more important needs than QB (and should have used that Tebow pick on a good d-tackle, for example...)

Anybody can have a bad day, if that is the worst Orton plays this year then QB is nowhere near their biggest problem. Brady is the top QB without a doubt in the NFL with Manning out? Any argument on that?

Anybody can have a bad day, if that is the worst Orton plays this year then QB is nowhere near their biggest problem. Brady is the top QB without a doubt in the NFL with Manning out? Any argument on that?

I think his play speaks for itself. 5 Tds 500+ yards, yes I would say so

The only argument that could be made against Brady is the, "What have you done for me lately?" He hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years (or something like that).

The only argument that could be made against Brady is the, "What have you done for me lately?" He hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years (or something like that).

Brady doesn't win games by himself there are 40 + other guys involved. Team success is a totally different thing from pure ability to play the position. This is why Elway played most of his career without a ring until they finally put some other decent players around him, either by chance or on purpose.

Rodgers is right there with him, and Jay Cutler is right on their heels.

Kevin

Long time Denver Broncos fan here, and it's not so much fun lately. The issue I have with Kyle Orton is that he doesn't play better when the game is on the line, he plays worse. Contrast that with Tebow who seems to raise his level of his play the farther along a game gets, and he seems to bring up the level of play of his teammates as well. Denver needs more than a different QB however. They need new studs at DT, OG, MLB, CB and RB in order to compete in their own division, let alone with the rest of the league.

Got tickets for the Titans vs. Ravens game on Sunday. May be a blow out haha.

They were free though!

Well said... Denver looked atrocious last night! Slipping and sliding all over the place... Orton couldn't hold onto the ball even when no one was around him and when someone was, he got dropped for another sack! Just bad play all around... I sense a top five draft pick for the Broncos in 2012!

I sense it too. Hope we get Luck-y.

Brady doesn't win games by himself there are 40 + other guys involved. Team success is a totally different thing from pure ability to play the position. This is why Elway played most of his career without a ring until they finally put some other decent players around him, either by chance or on purpose.

The "can't win the big one" is the same crappy dig that gets put on Marino and Kelly. So if Brady and the Patriots keep failing in the playoffs, then Brady will get the knocks when he gets compared to Rodgers, Rapist-burger, and Brees now.

Long time Denver Broncos fan here, and it's not so much fun lately. The issue I have with Kyle Orton is that he doesn't play better when the game is on the line, he plays worse. Contrast that with Tebow who seems to raise his level of his play the farther along a game gets, and he seems to bring up the level of play of his teammates as well. Denver needs more than a different QB however. They need new studs at DT, OG, MLB, CB and RB in order to compete in their own division, let alone with the rest of the league.

I don't want Tebow to fail, but he just doesn't look like a starting QB. By all accounts, from the Broncos, Brady Quinn outplayed Tebow in camp and the preseason.

The "can't win the big one" is the same crappy dig that gets put on Marino and Kelly. So if Brady and the Patriots keep failing in the playoffs, then Brady will get the knocks when he gets compared to Rodgers, Rapist-burger, and Brees now.

I don't want Tebow to fail, but he just doesn't look like a starting QB. By all accounts, from the Broncos, Brady Quinn outplayed Tebow in camp and the preseason.

What? How would Brady get those knocks when he has more rings than all of them? How can you give a QB the same label as guys that could never win the big one, when he has multiple rings? Do you expect a QB to win every single year? Does that mean that if Aaron Rodgers does not win a ring this year or next that he becomes a non-winner? That entire argument seems insane. Ironically I believe Brady has as many rings as ALL OF THE GUYS you listed in your post COMBINED....HAHAHHA

And what about Tebow does not look like a QB?
His size? Has it.
His intelligence? Has it.
His pedigree and track record? Has it.

Does Drew Brees look like a QB? Mike Vick? What makes a QB look like a QB? Whether or not he gets it done remains to be seen, but he certainly has the look. And as has been mentioned, its his 2nd year. Some of the best in the league have taken 3 years or so to become winners. Time will tell if he can be the same.

Brady knows how to win.. Not sure where you guys are coming up with this? The guy has won more than one super bowl ring. It would be like saying the Yankees should win the super bowl every year. Football I believe is more cyclical in terms of talent shift than any other sport. The salary cap limits a team in terms of what they can do

This statement is just ridiculous. The dude has a handful of rings. Say that about Romo, Sanchez, Flacco and the guys that have never won the big one but you are high on something if you think that anyone would compare Brady to those guys you just listed. Brady is in a different stratosphere. Like Montana, Elway, Aikman stratosphere.

Brady has three rings. Those three combined have four. Brady has been an unbelievably great player. I don't care for him. I hope Rodgers is that successful. Here in Cheeseland, we had a lot of hopeful seasons with Favre, but other than the one early, they never quite turned out the way we hoped.

Kevin

This statement is just ridiculous. The dude has a handful of rings. Say that about Romo, Sanchez, Flacco and the guys that have never won the big one but you are high on something if you think that anyone would compare Brady to those guys you just listed. Brady is in a different stratosphere. Like Montana, Elway, Aikman stratosphere.

Whoa there. Aikman is in a higher stratosphere obviously.

What? How would Brady get those knocks when he has more rings than all of them? How can you give a QB the same label as guys that could never win the big one, when he has multiple rings? Do you expect a QB to win every single year? Does that mean that if Aaron Rodgers does not win a ring this year or next that he becomes a non-winner? That entire argument seems insane. Ironically I believe Brady has as many rings as ALL OF THE GUYS you listed in your post COMBINED....HAHAHHA

And what about Tebow does not look like a QB?
His size? Has it.
His intelligence? Has it.
His pedigree and track record? Has it.

Does Drew Brees look like a QB? Mike Vick? What makes a QB look like a QB? Whether or not he gets it done remains to be seen, but he certainly has the look. And as has been mentioned, its his 2nd year. Some of the best in the league have taken 3 years or so to become winners. Time will tell if he can be the same.

The QBs I listed have 4 rings. Brady is a winner, he has won the Super Bowl in the clutch, but that doesn't mean there isn't pressure to actually win in the playoffs. It also isn't absurd to say that Brady's window is closing quickly.

When say that Tebow doesn't look like a quarterback, I mean that he doesn't look like he can make throws and actually run an offense. I know that he did win some games last year, but that isn't a big enough body of work. I don;t want him to fail. I hope he does succeed. He is good for the league. But I will find some joy if the Broncos fans get their way and he falls flat this year.

Whoa there. Aikman is in a higher stratosphere obviously.

You're definitely smoking something to that "higher" stratosphere that you think Aikman belongs in.

Agreed. How can someone say that Brady could get a label as not getting it done or should get the label, when he has proved he can on multiple occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back