The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you there? Not sure how I would feel about someone doing this to my girlfriend/wife, regardless of who they are.

She had another semester left and I moved back home for a job. I was 3 hours away. She wasn't upset about it. She laughs about it. Aaron was at the bar with Nick Barnett and Mark Tauscher. Even if I tried to do something to him, I pretty sure I would have gotten my _ss beat.

Lots of reports popping up about Manning certainly being done for the year. I'm cool with that if it means he will be back 100% next year, I don't want to see him come back less than 100% and get re-injured. Until then I hope that means we get a great QB in the draft next year now

Suck for Luck!

Which would drive me nuts as a Jaguar. After suffering through the Manning era I'd hate for the Colts to wind up with another potential all-world QB for another 15 years back-to-back. You should be required by law to have to at least suck through a five-year period of Leftwich/Garrard type QB play. Same rule should apply to the Patriots when Brady is gone. :)

Which would drive me nuts as a Jaguar. After suffering through the Manning era I'd hate for the Colts to wind up with another potential all-world QB for another 15 years back-to-back. You should be required by law to have to at least suck through a five-year period of Leftwich/Garrard type QB play. Same rule should apply to the Patriots when Brady is gone. :)

I disagree with this rule. Since everything has gone well for GB in the QB department for 19 years.

Wonder if the Eagles are having buyer's remorse about spending ~ $100m on a QB who can't stay on the field....and it's only week 3.
I think it's great. They took a chance and it's fizzled so far. I hope it continues to fizzle, but you never know.

I used to think it was a jinx, but you have to know dude... Graphite shaft iron testers wearing jerseys gives the QB's good luck!

Graphite shafts FTW

I like the Cowboys but I think both defenses get rolled tonight.

Well I'm a Rexman homer and if you watch last years footage, he cleaned house on the Cowboys. He has more weapons and a better oline in Washington. He will make stupid throws (see last week) but overall his is a better QB than 06. Have faith in the dude.

Everybody whipped them last year, that really means nothing. This is a different defense, different year - and the players are not going to be mailing in any games under Ryan like they did last year.

Suck for Luck!

Jags have a great running game, they would be tough to beat with a great QB

Everybody whipped them last year, that really means nothing. This is a different defense, different year - and the players are not going to be mailing in any games under Ryan like they did last year.

Hahaha... We will see but I love the positive vibes!

I just read online that Vicks hand isn't broken after all. Just a bruise. What a sissy.

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

I just read online that Vicks hand isn't broken after all. Just a bruise. What a sissy.

Yep just a contusion...on the non throwing hand. Remember when guys would play with broken ribs and a hole in their lung :act-up:

--
tapatalk

Total bs report. Guarantee it's broken But the eagles won't let on that it is. They're famous for doing that.

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I think the refs for Philly games should wear dog masks from now until game 16 (when their season is gong to be over) and just growl or snap at Vick whenever he gripes about a call.

It will be fun to watch. Spencer came out and said that he had mailed in some games last year, I think others did that too. It should be a good game.

Would you expect them to say that they got run over and could stop nobody?

Yep just a contusion...on the non throwing hand. Remember when guys would play with broken ribs and a hole in their lung :act-up:

--
tapatalk

Ronnie Lott? He broke a finger in a game and kept on playing. That was one tough dude.

Would you expect them to say that they got run over and could stop nobody?

Going through the motions by mailing it in would certainly lead to that same result. We have seen them do the exact opposite so far this year, I didn't see the Jets do much on the ground, neither did SF which wasn't a surprise.

Ronnie Lott? He broke a finger in a game and kept on playing. That was one tough dude.

You ain't kidding, hated him though since he was niner. I would've had him on my team anytime though.

--
tapatalk

You ain't kidding, hated him though since he was niner. I would've had him on my team anytime though.

--
tapatalk

I dont think I ever saw a bigger hitter then him. Dude was an animal. But I agree, hated the fact he was on the niners but respected his skills.

Broken finger ? I played half a high school game with a broken finger and played the next 4 weeks too, it never did heal perfectly straight. Broken finger is no big deal. Jack Reynolds playing with a broken leg is a tough guy. Emmitt playing with a separated shoulder as a running back is tough, finger not so tough.

Broken finger ? I played half a high school game with a broken finger and played the next 4 weeks too, it never did heal perfectly straight. Broken finger is no big deal. Jack Reynolds playing with a broken leg is a tough guy. Emmitt playing with a separated shoulder as a running back is tough, finger not so tough.

This post made me laugh. I played pop warner with a broken finger, so I am also as tough as Ronnie Lott.

Going through the motions by mailing it in would certainly lead to that same result. We have seen them do the exact opposite so far this year, I didn't see the Jets do much on the ground, neither did SF which wasn't a surprise.

SF has been awful on the ground so far this year.
Both of those teams have very little passing attack. Its easier to stop the run when you can keep extra guys in the box. Their secondary was awful last year and in time, we will see how that does this year. But I find it reprehensible for ANY players to ever "quit" on a team. That is how guys get hurt and more importantly saying that "my decisions mean more than the shield". Disgusting and I dont believe for a second that the players on the Cowboys did that last year.

They got beat because they werent better than the teams they were playing. Whether that be because of coaching, decision making, bad penalties or talent, the results are the same. The same reason they got beat by the Jets this year. They have a good team and time will tell if they can capitalize on that talent, but the quitting thing is so over blown. Guys egos in the league dont let that happen and there is too much money riding on every single play for every single guy to "mail it in".

But did you have to have the finger removed after? I may be wrong but I think that's how the story went with Lott. Id say Lott was a tough dude and to say he wasnt one of the toughest most feared hitters is crazy.

This post made me laugh. I played pop warner with a broken finger, so I am also as tough as Ronnie Lott.

Did you have part of that finger amputated after playing the rest of the season? No? Oh well sorry, try again.

--
tapatalk

You really think injuries are any different at a higher level? If anything it means less.

No, but I think that there is a difference between playing with a broken finger, and playing with a finger that was so mangled that the choices were surgery or amputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back