The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But did you have to have the finger removed after? I may be wrong but I think that's how the story went with Lott. Id say Lott was a tough dude and to say he wasnt one of the toughest most feared hitters is crazy.

I only broke it twice that year so no, it straightened out the second time I broke it, it is still crooked but no reason to cut it off. Nobody said Lott wasn't tough and a big hitter and a great player. I just thought there were others who compared favorably to the broken finger.

Did you have part of that finger amputated after playing the rest of the season? No? Oh well sorry, try again.

--
tapatalk

Yeah that was my point.

Playing the game with a broken finger is a tough task. Playing the game at the highest level is something different. Bigger, faster, and better.

And add to that the fact that Lott held nothing back. There was no favoring anything with Lott.

Playing the game with a broken finger is a tough task. Playing the game at the highest level is something different. Bigger, faster, and better.

There's also a difference between the highest level and Aaron Rodger's level. Which is higherest of high...

I think tonight's game will be a good one. For some odd reason my brother is a skins fan, so that's who I'm rooting for. They're brining Rexy back!

Didn't mean to insult anyone's hero, sorry if I did. You have to admit though that Hacksaw Reynolds playing on a broken leg is ridiculously tough.

Not insulted at all. Ronnie Lott is not my hero. Didnt even really care for the guy. But comparing a high school football game to that of the NFL is slightly crazy. Its not even the same game. Its like saying that because I scored 63 points in a high school basketball game that I should have been in the NBA. Or that I played with a broken rib in high school football that it is the same as what Romo went through. Its just a different world.

Didn't mean to insult anyone's hero, sorry if I did. You have to admit though that Hacksaw Reynolds playing on a broken leg is ridiculously tough.

I don't think anyone was insulted dude. Differing perspectives is all.

--
tapatalk

I know right? I mean they have 'one of the best in the league' and he is splitting carries. That just shows you how amazing their running game is. :act-up:
They should have just kept Grant in the game. Starks has nothing, whereas Grant was finding the holes and getting good runs. 92 yards is nothing to sneeze at against the Bears defense.

They should have just kept Grant in the game. Starks has nothing, whereas Grant was finding the holes and getting good runs. 92 yards is nothing to sneeze at against the Bears defense.

I know, that is why he is one of the best in the league like you said. :act-up:

Ronnie Lott is not my hero. Didnt even really care for the guy. But comparing a high school football game to that of the NFL is slightly crazy. Its not even the same game. Its like saying that because I scored 63 points in a high school basketball game that I should have been in the NBA. Or that I played with a broken rib in high school football that it is the same as what Romo went through. Its just a different world.

I never said playing high school sports was anything like pro football, or any hs sport was comparable, only an idiot would think that they are the same. An injury is an injury though, a broken finger, an acl, concussion, any injury, doesn't hurt any less or more because of the level of play, it is the same at any level. I was comparing injury to injury not game to game.

I never said playing high school sports was anything like pro football, or any hs sport was comparable, only an idiot would think that they are the same. An injury is an injury though, a broken finger, an acl, concussion, any injury, doesn't hurt any less or more because of the level of play, it is the same at any level. I was comparing injury to injury not game to game.

That is where we differ though. Because I believe it is very different. Not the pain of course, but at the highest level, the game is faster, harder and the hits are harder. Everything is different. Playing with broken ribs in a high school game is not the same as playing with broken ribs in the NFL. Sure the injury is the same, but the threat of what comes next is not. In my opinion anyway.

No but you did say this...

You really think injuries are any different at a higher level? If anything it means less.

Your broken finger in high school, and mine in pop warner, were a lot different that breaking a finger in the NFL.

No but you did say this...

Your broken finger in high school, and mine in pop warner, were a lot different that breaking a finger in the NFL.

An injury is an injury, it may be a bigger issue at a higher level, it may be that more is at stake, but it doesn't hurt any more or less. That was my point.

An injury is an injury, it may be a bigger issue at a higher level, it may be that more is at stake, but it doesn't hurt any more or less. That was my point.

But me breaking my finger because some fatty fell on it, is a lot different than destroying the tip on my finger because I caught it between facemasks while running a 4.4 40.

That is where we differ though. Because I believe it is very different. Not the pain of course, but at the highest level, the game is faster, harder and the hits are harder. Everything is different. Playing with broken ribs in a high school game is not the same as playing with broken ribs in the NFL. Sure the injury is the same, but the threat of what comes next is not. In my opinion anyway.

Key point that the pain is the same. That we agree on.

But me breaking my finger because some fatty fell on it, is a lot different than destroying the tip on my finger because I caught it between facemasks while running a 4.4 40.

Last post on this, but I actually got kicked right on the end of that finger, hard, jammed the first part of the finger back through the knuckle splitting the joint into two pieces like a wedge into the end of a log.

Well 2 pretty good opening drives that stalled quickly.

Is no one else watching this game?

In the first drive, it looked like Romo couldn't throw the ball over 15 yards. I wonder if that is just because of the coverage taking everything away deep, or more an indication of his physical condition.

Yeah, I'd bet it's a bit of both but it was a decent drive until the end when they failed.

Is no one else watching this game?

In the first drive, it looked like Romo couldn't throw the ball over 15 yards. I wonder if that is just because of the coverage taking everything away deep, or more an indication of his physical condition.

I thought the same thing. Romo looks a little rusty on his passes.

I entered a contest on Jim Irsays twitter guessing the score and winner. I went with the Gunslingers 24-16, Cowboys can only allow one more FG and a TD by the Redskins, and the Cowboys need to score some points

Sean lee is turning into a player. I'm liking this kid.

Romo got played like a fiddle that entire series. The D knew where he was throwing it before he did it seemed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back