The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All fans do that. Its absurd, but nature of the beast. Especially with certain geographic locations evidently.

Must be so nice to not be a fan.

Kevin

Well, there have been some really good QB's that I've witnessed but none that possess what Aaron Rodgers does. What he did in the final two or three games of last season, the post season, and so far this season is phenomenal. I also think he's made Jennings and Nelson and Finley who they are. Of course they're good, they're in the NFL. But he's made them stars.

Must be so nice to not be a fan.

Kevin

Who said I wasnt a fan? Just because I root for sports differently than others does not make me any less of a fan. I choose to look at things differently and frankly dont see anything wrong with having objectivity even as a fan. Others choose to view sports differently and that is okay too.

The Packers are incredibly deep, which speaks to Ted Thompson being the best GM in the game. My point is there is not a monster like Calvin Johnson on the team, a guy JB does nothing but gush about. To be clear, I wouldn't trade Greg Jennings for any receiver in the league.

My point was simply they're not the biggest or the fastest, but combined with Rodgers they're fantastic.

Favre who? The guy that said that was most talented team he ever played on also said basically the same thing about the Vikings when he went there, and was in revolt against Thompson because he didn't get him any help and he wouldn't give up enough for Randy Moss. Favre is full of crap.

Kevin

I have a ton of respect for Thompson. He has built a team the right way in my opinion through the draft. I still am jealous of not getting Hawk the year he came out.

Well, there have been some really good QB's that I've witnessed but none that possess what Aaron Rodgers does. What he did in the final two or three games of last season, the post season, and so far this season is phenomenal. I also think he's made Jennings and Nelson and Finley who they are. Of course they're good, they're in the NFL. But he's made them stars.

All in all, it's a fun group.

Kevin

It wouldn't surprise me if this is a close game. The way QBs got hurt this weekend, I hope they pay special attention to that rodeo clown, Allen. He's typically gives the Packers fits, and Newsome has had some struggles playing place of Clifton. Eventually you would think Rodgers would have a game a little closer to what Cutler does, but who knows?

Kevin

Packer Time!

Kevin

Wow, Randall Cobb, impressive!

Wow, got away with some holding on that one. Should have been PI or Defensive holding for sure. What happens? No call and then a return for a TD. Very interesting give and take on 2 plays.

Well what you know. He's our Hester.

Kevin

Get it from my pops I guess.
But as for the MC I can assure you I handle pressure and smack much better in person then through a computer screen.

As for tonights game if the vikings do pull out a win it'll have to be a low scoring affair so my prediction..
Vikings- 17
Packers- 13

Wonder if the Vikings hold Green Bay to 10 points the rest of the game? Doubt it.

Wow, got away with some holding on that one. Should have been PI or Defensive holding for sure. What happens? No call and then a return for a TD. Very interesting give and take on 2 plays.

No doubt, but they generally call a few they shouldn't during the game, too. Officiating is like finding your drive in the fairway is in a divot. There're usually not a ton of bad calls, but sometimes they happen.

Kevin

Very doubtful indeed lol!

That was a nice toss and catch.

Kevin

This is going to get ugly before it gets pretty. But that was a really nice throw by Ponder.

This is going to get ugly before it gets pretty. But that was a really nice throw by Ponder.
Ponder has shown that he can play, and I think the Vikings have found a QB for them for a while.

Getting a little pass rush tonight. That's encouraging.

Kevin

I suggest Tice or Childress, or whoever is coaching up there throw that red flag.

Kevin

Ponder has shown that he can play, and I think the Vikings have found a QB for them for a while.

Agreed. He's looked great tonite and with AP, they could be a good offense in the near future.

I'm happy with him. He's a rookie what should we expect out of him?

I just got to my hotel after a 3 hour car ride. What's happened?

Has Gruden said, "This guy right just loves football." yet?

Has Gruden said, "This guy right just loves football." yet?

Or variations thereof. He did say "Players get older at the end of their career."

They're rushing the crap about of Rodgers. Especially the rodeo clown.

Kevin

Or variations thereof. He did say "Players get older at the end of their career."

They're rushing the crap about of Rodgers. Especially the rodeo clown.

The Vikings' pass rush is for real. Their secondary looks suspect, but that front 7 sure is mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back