The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From watching him at Blinn College in Texas then last year at AU, I've learned there is very little the guy can't do when he works at it.

He starts tonight, looking forward to seeing how fares against first teamers.

---
- ...just tap it in...
That was my point in one of my posts about how hard he works. That is why I think he can be a good NFL quarterback. I hope he succeeds.

Better then vick is ridiculous, he hasn't proved anything in the NFL. How many big college qbs came in the NFL and were a bust? A lot

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Better then vick is ridiculous, he hasn't proved anything in the NFL. How many big college qbs came in the NFL and were a bust? A lot

Who said he was better than Vick?

Edit: I see what you are talking about.

Certainly not Jamarcus Russell. That's for sure.

---
- ...just tap it in...

I think that Cam will turn out to be a better QB when all is said and done than Vick has been, and let's hope he is a better person too. In the NFL a running quarterback is a QB that will end up on the disabled list eventually so even as big as Cam is he is better off not running unless he absolutely can't get rid of the ball. Vick had a good year last year, good for him, I can't stand the guy myself, he would still be in jail if I had anything to do with it.

Will be better, same difference

Colts sign Kerry Collins

Colts sign Kerry Collins

Per Jim Irsays Twitter...the colts have signed Kerry Collins. Another bad sign that Manning wont be ready in time for the season. Dang it! Although Collins is better than anyone else we have...

Per Jim Irsays Twitter...the colts have signed Kerry Collins. Another bad sign that Manning wont be ready in time for the season. Dang it! Although Collins is better than anyone else we have...

Merged with the NFL thread. This doesn't need it's own thread.

When your other option is Painter, you have to sign someone that has had a meaningful snap in the NFL.

...it could be worse, JaMarcus Russell is a free agent...

Merged with the NFL thread. This doesn't need it's own thread.

yes it does colts hater! Lol jk TC thanks I was at work and just posted it quick without going to the NFL thread. Sorry dude

yes it does colts hater! Lol jk TC thanks I was at work and just posted it quick without going to the NFL thread. Sorry dude

No need to apologize buddy. And I do hate the Colts. How did you know? My wife's mom and all her family are from up that way and die hard Colt's fans. It gets old. Plus watching Peyton audible drives me nuts. And he looks stupid when he runs.

No need to apologize buddy. And I do hate the Colts. How did you know? My wife's mom and all her family are from up that way and die hard Colt's fans. It gets old. Plus watching Peyton audible drives me nuts. And he looks stupid when he runs.

I think if I ever get to meet Peyton Manning in person I'd slap the back of that freakishly long neck of his... with both hands simultaneously.

He does look stupid when he runs, it was the funniest thing ever to see him run it last year against the Raiders.

Romo looked pretty good last night and Dez looks unstoppable. I think he might just take over the #1 spot this year on the team. Miles might turn out to be another case of Jerry jumping the gun but we'll see as the season gets started. The defense looked as bad as it usually does.

I think if I ever get to meet Peyton Manning in person I'd slap the back of that freakishly long neck of his... with both hands simultaneously.

You couldn't reach that neck shorty:jump:

Dez did look very good. I have to say, that while I predicted Romo to finally be the guy that some expect, last night I saw the same ole thing. A bunch of tunnel vision 6 yard passes.
I mean I have not looked at his stats, but I bet they were less than 8 yards an attempt. On the good side, he did throw it away twice rather than making a bad decision and forcing the ball. That is a great start.

Romo looked pretty good last night and Dez looks unstoppable. I think he might just take over the #1 spot this year on the team. Miles might turn out to be another case of Jerry jumping the gun but we'll see as the season gets started. The defense looked as bad as it usually does.

As long as Dez stays healthy he's a top 5 talent WR. :bomb::blob::call-me:

Dez did look very good. I have to say, that while I predicted Romo to finally be the guy that some expect, last night I saw the same ole thing. A bunch of tunnel vision 6 yard passes.
I mean I have not looked at his stats, but I bet they were less than 8 yards an attempt. On the good side, he did throw it away twice rather than making a bad decision and forcing the ball. That is a great start.

Yeah all things considered I'll take it being that its preseason too. His stats were right in line with your thinking 15-20 for 141 with no INT's or TD's.

As long as Dez stays healthy he's a top 5 talent WR. :bomb::blob::call-me:

Agreed. Stays healthy and out of trouble.

Yeah all things considered I'll take it being that its preseason too. His stats were right in line with your thinking 15-20 for 141 with no INT's or TD's.

Agreed. Stays healthy and out of trouble.

WOw, that was a pretty good guess. 7.1 yards per attempt. A bunch of 6 yard completions. That sounds awful familar.

I think Dez could be a star. BIg like that guy Pants on the Ground big. hehe

WOw, that was a pretty good guess. 7.1 yards per attempt. A bunch of 6 yard completions. That sounds awful familar.

I think Dez could be a star. BIg like that guy Pants on the Ground big. hehe

Dude, that guy banked some straight cash homie!:moneymouth:

Dude, that guy banked some straight cash homie!:moneymouth:

Dez can flat out play. He could make people forget Miles Austin as fast as a kardashian sister does.
However he does have some character things that concern me, but if he stays away from all of that, he could be a good one.

I agree Dez could be very very good if he stays healthy and away from the wrong people. And he sure had trouble with his bills for banking so much homie cash. He needs to start saving some of it.

Dez can flat out play. He could make people forget Miles Austin as fast as a kardashian sister does.
However he does have some character things that concern me, but if he stays away from all of that, he could be a good one.

I have to say that although I'm a Cowboy homer, this offense can be sick. If Romo plays like 2009(big if) and Jones becomes the star he can be, the offense will put up some big numbers. Dez is a mini Moss. I don't think he will ever lose the attitude but his talent is too immense. Romo has a nice assortment of weapons and I even think Ogletree is a nice 3rd receiver. :victory:

I have to say that although I'm a Cowboy homer, this offense can be sick. If Romo plays like 2009(big if) and Jones becomes the star he can be, the offense will put up some big numbers. Dez is a mini Moss. I don't think he will ever lose the attitude but his talent is too immense. Romo has a nice assortment of weapons and I even think Ogletree is a nice 3rd receiver. :victory:

And if you were 6' tall you would be taller
and if you hadnt played with RxGus he might still be here
ANd if you could putt you would be better.

I mean your adorable with your Cowboy talk. While I think they will be a better team, lets not forget last season so quickly. Those same guys were there. I mean I know its all Wade's fault including the play calling, but I believe you said the exact same thing last season too.

And if you were 6' tall you would be taller
and if you hadnt played with RxGus he might still be here
ANd if you could putt you would be better.

I mean your adorable with your Cowboy talk. While I think they will be a better team, lets not forget last season so quickly. Those same guys were there. I mean I know its all Wade's fault including the play calling, but I believe you said the exact same thing last season too.

Oh I did. In fact I just copy/pasted it. I say the same thing every year. That is why pre-season is my favorite time to be a Cowboy fan!! Cowboys 13-3 baby and hosting the SB!!:blob::blob:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back