The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JB,

My apologies for being unclear, I was talking about Witten. In no way am I trying to be defensive, you are asking me to defend why I think 5-11 is underperforming and I am stating my reasons. Differences make the world go 'round and if they go 5-11 I know I will hear it from everyone, but I just think they are too talented on offense for it to not win them at least 6 games and like I said I am thinking more like 8.

I think Romo is above average and I think he will show that. I hope they have a winning season, but would be happy with .500 ball. More than anything I am just excited to get the NFL season started.

So if that is the stat that you are standing on, that would mean one must believe he is better than those guys as well. Because otherwise the entire stat is meaningless.
I have NEVER said the guy is garbage. What I have said is he is an above average QB. He is not a superstar, or a great QB, or in many ways even a very good QB. At this point in his career, he is above average. When everybody said last year, they were going to the dance and that Romo was the savior, I was laughed at on this board for saying what I said. Which was later proved to be right. And I am willing to bet that last year, you said the same thing about your Cowboys and Romo, except that you expected even a better year.

Ironically enough I have said all along that I think he turns the corner this year and turns in a better performance if he gets off to an early start. But the facts dont lie and all of his past leads back to above average.

Thats what I called him.. above average. I agree I was calling for a SB in our own stadium with us as the champs and we were far from that for sure. I am not calling for the playoffs, simply a .500 season. I never said he was a superstar JB, we agree he is above average...

I think he's a superstar!!:beauty:

Packers vs Saints tomorrow. Be there or be square.

Kevin

They'll never win it all with Vick. Sorry, brother. Time to embrace the Cheese.

Kevin

Not gonna happen. Closest I ever came to that was rooting for the Vikings the year Randall Cunnigham played for them.

Not gonna happen. Closest I ever came to that was rooting for the Vikings the year Randall Cunnigham played for them.
Which is about as far from embracing the cheese as you can get.

Which is about as far from embracing the cheese as you can get.

Honestly I really don't mind GB, in fact I would rather see them win than just about any other NFC Team. Especially now that Favre is gone.

Well say what you want but he is much Better than above average.. I'm just going to let them play a coach they played much better under to replace wade Phillips and a new defensive coordinator. I hope for big things but I'll put any amount of money on them going above 5-11

Thats what I called him.. above average. I agree I was calling for a SB in our own stadium with us as the champs and we were far from that for sure. I am not calling for the playoffs, simply a .500 season. I never said he was a superstar JB, we agree he is above average...

I guess this is where i got confused. Im sure it was just miscommunication.

So pumped for the Packers/Saints game tomorrow! Its going to be a tough game. The only thing that Im really concerned about is the Packers' o-line. If they can hold up and give Aaron time to throw the ball, the Packers should do well.

We will be fine, great opening game...I've got my Packer gear all set.

Kongfrontation

Dallas fans = Tiger fans. So funny to watch.

saints 24 . fudge packers 17

thats fine... packers wont win! brees gona throw all over them :)

Hoping Finley has a monster game!!:angel:

To clarify some rumors, Jim Irsay tweeted this morning that Manning did NOT have a second procedure, but that he will be out "a while." it does not look like its (nly going to be a week or two.

To clarify some rumors, Jim Irsay tweeted this morning that Manning did NOT have a second procedure, but that he will be out "a while." it does not look like its (nly going to be a week or two.

Dude, this Manning thing has you in a frenzy. Just let him sit the year out, rest up, and sign Jake Delhomme.

My prediction for tonights game: Packers 10, Saints 49

Colston catches 14 balls for 160 yards and 5 TD's and the Saints D causes 4 fumbles, 4 INT's and 2 TD's :alien:

I can't believe the season is upon us. I can't wait!

Packers cover the 4.5 tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back