The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoge is siding with a RB. Revolutionary! Ha.

I think this had to happen. A team that has underachieved for quite some time. I was actually pretty surprised he has held on for as long as he has.
I guess I'm in the minority that I really agree with this. He's had a crap load of opportunity and come up short again and again, I'm shocked this didn't happen sooner to be entirely honest.

I guess I'm in the minority that I really agree with this. He's had a crap load of opportunity and come up short again and again, I'm shocked this didn't happen sooner to be entirely honest.

I agree with you guys. I only say I didnt see it coming because I didnt think they would actually do it. They were 7-1 and missed the playoffs. With that Defense and Cutler and Forte and Marshall they should make the playoffs no doubt.

I agree with you guys. I only say I didnt see it coming because I didnt think they would actually do it. They were 7-1 and missed the playoffs. With that Defense and Cutler and Forte and Marshall they should make the playoffs no doubt.

I'll be curious to see what direction they go in now.

Also curious to see who is going to go after Reid.

I'll be curious to see what direction they go in now.

Also curious to see who is going to go after Reid.

I think Reid takes at least a year off. The Bears will probably hire McCoy from Denver.

Apparently Devin Hester threw a temper tantrum and threatened to retire because they fired Lovie Smith.

Some of the firings we all knew were coming, Lovie is the one surprise but I understand it. He's had a lot of time with that team and hasn't been able to get over the hump. Also, the last few years they've done nothing so I get why the Bears want to go in a new direction.

Chip Kelly is a name being thrown out a lot as a hot coaching candidate and I think the Eagles are a perfect fit for him if he wants to go to the NFL. That offense is based on speed (Vick, Maclin, McCoy, Jackson) and those are the kind of players that do well in Chip Kelly's offense. Personally, I don't know why he'd leave his job in Oregon but if he wants to go to the NFL the Eagles have a roster already in place that he could do well with.

Wisenhunt and the GM Graves out in Arizona. Also fired entire offensive staff. Defensive staff retained.

I hope Clark Hunt sees all of these GM's getting fired and decides that might not be such a bad idea.

Okay, I am a diehard Cowboys fan and everybody knows that.........but even I thought this was funny

romo.jpg

Black Monday can't be a fun day at all.

It would have been funner if Pioli had gotten the ax too.

He still might. Clark has yet to say he will definitely be retained.

I just caught up with this thread from the last few days. I can appreciate your passion as a fan, but you sure seem angry, disappointed, etc. If a sports team, or anything really, made me that upset, I think I would move on.

Hey, if you can't b*tch about your sports teams, what good are they?

I do like that Angry Mod has anger issues though,, hahaha.

I agree though, I am disappointed that they suck so bad!

I agree, it could be said that the more fans b*tch, the more their teams feel the pressure to win. Just look at SD lately, no way fanatic cities like NY, PHL, etc would put up with a constantly underperforming team for all these years. SEC schools are another example in college fball.

Apparently Devin Hester threw a temper tantrum and threatened to retire because they fired Lovie Smith.

I read something similar, sounds like a big baby.

I hear ya, Smalls. I see that Clark is conducting the HC search and that the HC will report directly to him which makes me think Pioli still may be gone depending on who he brings in. This may end up being a cluster-F or it may be a change in the right direction.

I hear ya, Smalls. I see that Clark is conducting the HC search and that the HC will report directly to him which makes me think Pioli still may be gone depending on who he brings in. This may end up being a cluster-F or it may be a change in the right direction.
I still think Schottenheimer should be the guy. The GM, not the coach.

I still think Schottenheimer should be the guy. The GM, not the coach.

That could be interesting. I hope we can get Albert signed to a long term deal, and Bowe if he isn't asking for a ton of cash.

I hope he does. He never should have been promoted to WR. Just go fair catch punts/kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back