The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the CBA section on the floor.

MinimumTeamCashSpending.jpg

I should further explain that the floor is not really a team spending floor, but a league wide floor and its based over a several year stretch.

League wide floor is confusing me. In the excerpt you posted I see that it is a period of time but all references are made about a team not spending the minimum.

Well looks like the Cowboys are going to look at some mid level guys this year. I like that. Whenever we reach for big names, it blows up huge.

If they allow faxes, why couldn't they scan it and email it?

I thought along the same lines when I read that headline. Seems odd in this age of technology something like this would still be a problem!

Siri speaks for me!

Well looks like the Cowboys are going to look at some mid level guys this year. I like that. Whenever we reach for big names, it blows up huge.

I think that's overstating it. Jerry is a lousy talent evaluator. If he's taking middle of the road guys then I'd say there is a much larger chance they'll be average as always rather then going out and paying Carr for example, where you know what your getting.

Although, it was nice to see him dump Spears

Here is the CBA section on the floor.

MinimumTeamCashSpending.jpg

One thing people confuse here is that the spending floor is cash, not cap, so a team can meet the minimum and still be under the cap. For example, the Jaguars had one of the top few highest totals spent in cash over cap last year but were still multiple millions under the salary cap, so people think they weren't spending, when in fact they were one of the highest cash spenders in the league (a heap lot of good it did them, haha).

Love, love, love the signing of Matt Hasselbeck!! Will be a great mentor for Luck.

Ed Reed signs with the Texans. The Baltimore exodus continues.

Ed Reed signs with the Texans. The Baltimore exodus continues.
Wow, that's very surprising! So much for the Ravens getting back to the playoffs.

Also, Palmer is a big whiny baby. I have never seen a grown man pout as much as he does. If the team sucks, he wants to go somewhere else. Ironically, the team he left is better without him...hmmmmm

didnt give up the farm for him either, I like the move

didnt give up the farm for him either, I like the move
Yeah some fairly low picks, a nice addition for them, especially knowing Palmer is on his way out!

Did Al Davis come back from the dead to approve that one?

No, Al would have given up a lot more picks, like they wasted for Palmer and "good old what's his name" and "that dude" before that...

I'm very happy with the Palmer trade - AZ didn't give up very much, and now they aren't under pressure to pick a QB in the draft. Now if they can just upgrade the O-line...

I'm very happy with the Palmer trade - AZ didn't give up very much, and now they aren't under pressure to pick a QB in the draft. Now if they can just upgrade the O-line...
Is the feeling that he'll just be a stop gap for a year? I bet Fitzgerald is pumped!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9128819/atlanta-falcons-sign-exonerated-brian-banks-source

Falcons sign Brian Banks
The Atlanta Falcons on Wednesday are signing linebacker Brian Banks, who was exonerated last year in a California rape case in which he was falsely accused, a team source confirmed to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

"The kid will get a second chance that he deserves," a team official said in a text Wednesday.
The news was earlier reported by Fox Sports.

Banks served more than five years in prison following a conviction a decade ago on rape and kidnapping charges. The woman later recanted her claim and offered to help Banks clear his name.
Banks was trying to land a spot in the NFL and got his first tryout with the Seattle Seahawks last year. He also received tryouts with the San Diego Chargers and Kansas City Chiefs, and eventually took part in Seattle's minicamp last June.

Banks was grateful to Seattle coach Pete Carroll for the opportunity to see where he stacked up against NFL players. Banks had verbally committed to playing for Carroll at USC before the player's arrest and conviction.

He eventually signed last year with the United Football League's Las Vegas Locomotives, but the UFL suspended its season in October.

Even if he doesnt make the team, I am proud of the Falcons for giving the guy a shot that was taken away from him.

daqa4anu.jpg

This one is just great!

daqa4anu.jpg

This one is just great!

Obscenely rich athelete, married to a hottie, scratch golfer... Must be tough, no matter how much he chokes in the playoffs. I think most of us would trade places with him, amiright?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back