The Official 2013 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Garrett comment is pretty interesting. I am sure he was asked directly and answered, but I am surprised that one did not stay internal.

Also interesting that Romo audibled out of the run, but surely did it for the right reasons (meaning saw the defense set). It was just a bad throw. Yes its a theme, but the audible is a great call if its successful. But it probably should not have been done.

That Garrett comment is pretty interesting. I am sure he was asked directly and answered, but I am surprised that one did not stay internal.

Also interesting that Romo audibled out of the run, but surely did it for the right reasons (meaning saw the defense set). It was just a bad throw. Yes its a theme, but the audible is a great call if its successful. But it probably should not have been done.

What was the situation? Down and yards to go? I missed it sadly.

How is it "trolling" when the thread is dedicated to NFL football, and the game just ended?

And many of the comments are by long-term (and suffering) Cowboy fans.

I was mainly referring to the ESPN website not THP (although it does happen here at times). But if a thread is dedicated to a certain topic that means people can't be trolls within that thread??? Doesn't make much sense.

Raiders, meet woodshed. Ugh hate losing to KC

I troll Cowboy fans but as an Eagles fan it's my duty.

I would surely expect the same in return.

At the end of the day we are still friends right?

But they AlWAYS lose close games. And the losses seem to have a common theme. Getting Romo'ed

Dude I get what you are saying. I'm not going to sit here and defend Romo all night because anyone who follows this thread knows that I'm a Romo fan and it is a pointless argument here. Those close games that they lose though often end up with their offense scoring a lot of points (see this game and the Broncos game). He made mistakes tonight but the loss isn't squarely on him.

What was the situation? Down and yards to go? I missed it sadly.
Since it was referred to as the 'last interception'. It was during a 2min drill, roughly 1:30 left, 2nd and 1. He could have ran the ball, but usually in a 2min drill you throw for obvious reasons.

But if a thread is dedicated to a certain topic that means people can't be trolls within that thread??? Doesn't make much sense.

I guess it's a definitional issue. I usually associate trolling with certain types of people popping into threads and posting intentionally inflammatory comments just to start an argument and/or divert the thread. I think that's sort of the classic trolling scenario.

When you have a thread on NFL football that is tracking the games as they are played, and the fans of the team, or fans of football in general, are critical of a team that has all the problems that the Cowboys have and that just blew a game where they had a 26-3 lead (and where their main rival for the playoffs lost earlier that day), I don't really see criticism of the team or their play as amounting to "trolling."

Anyway, that' just my $.02. But whatever. I don't want to distract from the focus on the Cowboys bad play. Ha ha. :bashful:

Dude I get what you are saying. I'm not going to sit here and defend Romo all night because anyone who follows this thread knows that I'm a Romo fan and it is a pointless argument here. Those close games that they lose though often end up with their offense scoring a lot of points (see this game and the Broncos game). He made mistakes tonight but the loss isn't squarely on him.

Without a doubt. Both of those games he played extremely well throughout. The trend however is when the game was on the line and he had a shot, he blew it in both of those games. One could say the defense did not do their job in either one and he should not have been in that situation. Probably true.

But ask yourself when you are watching the games with Manning, Brady and others when they have a shot at the end of the game. Just ask yourself inside, "Do you expect them to do it, or do you expect the pick". Right or wrong (accurate or not accurate), with Romo, most NFL fans that are not lovers or haters, expect the pick and both of those games he delivered on the expectation.

BTW, they said on the Sunday night show that this was the biggest comeback in Green Bay franchise history. Another record for the 'Boys this year!

Romo read the coverage wrong. Beasley saw Williams on the outside so he sat down on the open spot in the zone and Romo threw the out as if it was man coverage

The Official 2013 NFL Thread

Romo read the coverage wrong. Beasley saw Williams on the outside so he sat down on the open spot in the zone and Romo threw the out as if it was man coverage

Should be noted. It was man coverage. Truman Williams made a really good play

BTW, they said on the Sunday night show that this was the biggest comeback in Green Bay franchise history. Another record for the 'Boys this year!
And Flynn owns the Packers QB record with 6 TD? Think Rodgers needs to let Flynn finish the season like Cutler should have done with McCown!!!

Did green Bay say that after the game?

If you watch it, Williams broke from his coverage and made a play on the ball.

The flanker made a double move and Williams look like he bit on it and saw the ball come out. At least that's how I saw it.

Please note, I'm just a simple kind of man.

FWIW,
I have said the same thing about Matt Ryan and Josh Freeman for the last few years and have been told how wrong I am the entire time. I certainly could be wrong here too...But if it quacks.

And one more thing...I still think Dallas is the best team in the NFC East.

That's not saying much...

Tallest midget in munchkin land.

I know the focus is on Romo bc he is the QB, but watching that game as a fan with no dog in the fight it seems like Dallas got away from the run to soon and the defense showed its true colors. For all the blame that goes to the offense, IMO the defense should be getting more heat.

Tapping away on my iPhone

FWIW,
I have said the same thing about Matt Ryan and Josh Freeman for the last few years and have been told how wrong I am the entire time. I certainly could be wrong here too...But if it quacks.
Please.

Freeman is the real deal.

Look how awesome he is doing with the Vikings and look how miserable the QB position has gotten with the Bucs since he left.

Oh...wait...

Without a doubt. Both of those games he played extremely well throughout. The trend however is when the game was on the line and he had a shot, he blew it in both of those games. One could say the defense did not do their job in either one and he should not have been in that situation. Probably true.

But ask yourself when you are watching the games with Manning, Brady and others when they have a shot at the end of the game. Just ask yourself inside, "Do you expect them to do it, or do you expect the pick". Right or wrong (accurate or not accurate), with Romo, most NFL fans that are not lovers or haters, expect the pick and both of those games he delivered on the expectation.

You are absolutely right, the average fan wouldn't expect Romo to win the game. However, when compared to his number of starts he has one of the highest percentages of game winning drives of any QB in the NFL (hope that wording makes sense). Any somewhat educated NFL fan knows he is a good QB. He's just fun to make fun of and I get that.

You are absolutely right, the average fan wouldn't expect Romo to win the game. However, when compared to his number of starts he has one of the highest percentages of game winning drives of any QB in the NFL (hope that wording makes sense). Any somewhat educated NFL fan knows he is a good QB. He's just fun to make fun of and I get that.

Romo has good numbers. Lots of yards. Lots of TDs. Durable. A few picks.

But it feels like those picks are at the worst times. The bigger the moment, it feels like he gets smaller.

Romo has good numbers. Lots of yards. Lots of TDs. Durable. A few picks.

But it feels like those picks are at the worst times. The bigger the moment, it feels like he gets smaller.

I can't completely disagree with you on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back