The Official 2024 NFL Thread

they started throwing the ball to Shakir, and SD wasn't getting it. Then they went to the run, meaning SD wasn't getting the ball. Also the fact that Josh wasn't too good last year. Can't blame the highpaid QB for not getting into the SB when everybody else around him is getting released or traded.
It started with McDermott and his vision of what the offense should be not what it was with Dabol. I think Mcdermott wanted to slow it down and call plays like Mac Jones was the quarterback and not Josh Allen in his prime . And for whatever reason Diggs was not the same guy last year. Frustration from the playcalling and targets ? And Allen doesn't call the plays. They lost to KC by 3 last year and a missed field goal. Its not like they got blown out by KC. And the 13 second game that Allen had won until Mcdermott and / or Frazier blew it. And they came back from an impossible position to win their division . And the play calling during and at the end of the game was not great . They needed to put up more points not play not to lose . In any event more likely than not it will come down to the Bills and the Chiefs next year.

It started with McDermott and his vision of what the offense should be not what it was with Dabol. I think Mcdermott wanted to slow it down and call plays like Mac Jones was the quarterback and not Josh Allen in his prime . And for whatever reason Diggs was not the same guy last year. Frustration from the playcalling and targets ? And Allen doesn't call the plays. They lost to KC by 3 last year and a missed field goal. Its not like they got blown out by KC. And the 13 second game that Allen had won until Mcdermott and / or Frazier blew it. And they came back from an impossible position to win their division . And the play calling during and at the end of the game was not great . They needed to put up more points not play not to lose . In any event more likely than not it will come down to the Bills and the Chiefs next year.
If Diggs catches the long pass against KC could have been a different outcome

Sorry can't agree on a Bills/Chiefs in '24 season, best bet will be that the Texans will be the "new darling" of the AFC. Oh and yeah these guys were the problem.....1712171227261.png

I really hope Demeco explains how this works in Houston because they are building something special and I don't need Diggs jacking up Dell or Collins with the Diva mentality.

I really hope Demeco explains how this works in Houston because they are building something special and I don't need Diggs jacking up Dell or Collins with the Diva mentality.
Agreed, didn't seem like a big need for them and not somebody you really want in your locker room. Head scratcher for me.

Can you get him onboard though? Top tier QB who's going to be in Houston for awhile. Other talented receivers in the room, but missing that star?? Maybe??

no Diggs and no Davis....
wow....

and I'd say that without a doubt Allen was aware that they were going to deal Diggs.
who's out there for the Bills to pick up on FA, they'll be going WR early, EARLY in the draft.

wow.

and didn't Antonio Brown say that Diggs was going to be dealt awhile ago?

When the Bills got Diggs and since i was warned by @MattyD-MPLS and @JB that this would happen but i really believed Diggs had learned and matured and that would not happen here . I could not have been more wrong. They gave him a huge contract , catered to him and at the end of the day he pulls this BS. He will be ok until he isnt. Good news is although his play dropped off and despite making over Twenty Million a year he spent his last couple off seasons focused on being involved in something more important , fashion. He wont be missed at least not what he turned into.

no Diggs and no Davis....
wow....

and I'd say that without a doubt Allen was aware that they were going to deal Diggs.
who's out there for the Bills to pick up on FA, they'll be going WR early, EARLY in the draft.

wow.

and didn't Antonio Brown say that Diggs was going to be dealt awhile ago?
The draft is absolutely loaded at WR, the bills will be fine

The draft is absolutely loaded at WR, the bills will be fine
They have the draft capital to move up. Do you think they stay at 28 or do they move up or at least try. I know a lot will depend who is available and if they can make a deal. Listening to Beanes press conference making the move now results in a big dead cap hit but next year frees up a ton of space. If they can replace Diggs with a very good rookie on a rookie contract they will be in very good shape. I have no doubt they just could not deal with Diggs anymore and I have always liked him. But no doubt his drop in play along with his antics caused the move to be made a year early.

They have the draft capital to move up. Do you think they stay at 28 or do they move up or at least try. I know a lot will depend who is available and if they can make a deal. Listening to Beanes press conference making the move now results in a big dead cap hit but next year frees up a ton of space. If they can replace Diggs with a very good rookie on a rookie contract they will be in very good shape. I have no doubt they just could not deal with Diggs anymore and I have always liked him. But no doubt his drop in play along with his antics caused the move to be made a year early.
do they draft more than 1 WR? I guess we'll see but I would certainly think its on their minds....

do they draft more than 1 WR? I guess we'll see but I would certainly think its on their minds....
Remember, they also signed Curtis Samuel a couple weeks ago.

how many do they have on the roster? Shakir, Samuel and I think there is another guy ......
The ghost of Mack Hollins.

They do also have two fantastic receiving Tight Ends that Allen loves to target.

Man o man I love the Bills starting to come apart at the seams.
The Bills probably won't even win the division with a healthy Rodgers in NYC.

When the Bills got Diggs and since i was warned by @MattyD-MPLS and @JB that this would happen but i really believed Diggs had learned and matured and that would not happen here . I could not have been more wrong. They gave him a huge contract , catered to him and at the end of the day he pulls this BS. He will be ok until he isnt. Good news is although his play dropped off and despite making over Twenty Million a year he spent his last couple off seasons focused on being involved in something more important , fashion. He wont be missed at least not what he turned into.

He is insanely talented but the BS outweighs his talent which is incredible! I still remember the routes he would run when he was a Viking. Leaving people spinning like a dang top. Sorry dude. Hopefully you will be able to find a Justin Jefferson like player to replace him like we did.

Some big names getting released

Back