The Official 2024 NFL Thread

They need to stop dragging it in. Finish the Playoffs and roll it right in to the draft. Waiting months is absurd.
Absolutely agree…it is just talked about for too long.

Hell I should be excited as it is the first time the Draft is being held in Detroit! Wonder if @jdtox will be downtown!

They need to stop dragging it in. Finish the Playoffs and roll it right in to the draft. Waiting months is absurd.
Draft then free agency free for all?

Hell I should be excited as it is the first time the Draft is being held in Detroit! Wonder if @jdtox will be downtown!
If he's not there booing Goodell, then what is he doing?

Draft then free agency free for all?
Yes. It would make a lot of sense, and I think it would allow for some UDFA a better chance at a landing spot.

Is it me or is the hype for this years draft down? The buzz around here seems less than previous years as well.
I can say I’m not invested in it this year and it could be due to the Lions picking late in the first round.

Who is watching or going to a party tonight?

For me I am not sure I will even tune in. 🤷‍♂️
Agree the hype is down this year, I guess I was oblivious in that I didn't know it was tonight until one of the guys in the office mentioned it. Admittedly I've not been watching much ESPN lately, so I probably missed a lot of the commercials on it.

To that point, I'll probably have the 1st round on in the background while I THP but... to focus and watch probably not.

Is it me or is the hype for this years draft down? The buzz around here seems less than previous years as well.
I can say I’m not invested in it this year and it could be due to the Lions picking late in the first round.

I'm invested with the Bears having 2 picks. The first one seems pretty straight forward but they 2nd one could be anything

I'm definitely watching. With the Commanders having the 2nd pick and hoping to get a Franchise QB, I'm excited to see who they go with and then seeing if they jump back into the first round to try to pickup a LT also.

I expect the ratings to actually be up.
With that said, I think part of the thought process is with social media, we really do want everything immediately.

Me? This will be the first draft I miss in a VERY long time, because I will be watching the hockey game.

Hmmmm .... who are the Skins going to pick at #2? Which QB?

I think it’s more that it’s because there’s a clear number 1 qb. And it’s a super heavy offensive lineman draft. Fans don’t care about OL.

No. They have to get through the Super Bowl, then they have to get through Owners meeting and Free Agency, Combine, etc. The scouts and teams need time to construct a team, get salaries taken care of, and scout players. There are still months until we get to training camp why rush the draft portion of things?

Isnt it great though that the Lions are picking late because they turned things around, are a legit contender and the draft is no longer the highlight of the season for you. Believe me i know. I went through that for 17 years with the Bills after Jim kelly retired. Usually today is our first week of Mens League then we stick around and watch the draft ( not all ) at the Club. It got pushed back a week this year anticipating not great weather and ironically the sun is out lol. Around here after the Diggs trade the hype is there. Will they trade up if they can find a willing trade partner. Will they make a trade for a receiver . So there is interest and i have no idea what they can or will do but interest around here is high. Absent a trade i will be on my recliner trying to stay awake for the Bills pick. This is the year Lions Bills Super Bowl

I think it’s more that it’s because there’s a clear number 1 qb. And it’s a super heavy offensive lineman draft. Fans don’t care about OL.
I'm not sold on Caleb Williams and feel two years from now we will be hearing the same from fans. I mean there was a clear #1 or so everyone thought last year and what was his name again? Because Stroud was the real show...

I'm not sold on Caleb Williams and feel two years from now we will be hearing the same from fans. I mean there was a clear #1 or so everyone thought last year and what was his name again? Because Stroud was the real show...
There wasnt a clear #1 last year.
Caleb would have been #1 last year too.

There wasnt a clear #1 last year.
Caleb would have been #1 last year too.

Some may feel that way. I would not want to be in the Bears shoes and fail again on a franchise QB, but it is about to happen.

Some may feel that way. I would not want to be in the Bears shoes and fail again on a franchise QB, but it is about to happen.
Based on what?
Asking genuinely, have you watched any of their games?
I mean scoring a QB wise, he is at or near the top in all of the recent years. While I am personally not a big fan, its impossible to deny the skillset.

I'll be watching, but it's weird to have Detroit picking this late. Hoping they go defense, but in Brad we trust.

Based on what?
I mean scoring a QB wise, he is at or near the top in all of the recent years. While I am personally not a big fan, its impossible to deny the skillset.
I did both while at Oklahoma and USC. It is more of a feeling for me. He does have all the skillsets of a QB and we can’t really say a style matters anymore. It will be interesting to see how he manages the game versus looking for the big play. Honestly it all comes down to who the Bears will surround him with. I’m trying to take my dislikes out of the picture and focus on does he a team player attitude

I am looking forward to watching this tonight. I hope the Cardinals and Chiefs both get good/great receivers

I don’t agree about last year. Carolina was insane to take Bryce Young over Stroud. I don't think that is reflection at all. In the moment it was the wrong choice. And there was a definite argument to just take Will Anderson there.

Williams is the clearest #1 QB since Trevor Lawrence. Maybe Andrew Luck.

I do think if there is a lack of interest it is because a thrid of the first round is going to be lineman and fans just prefer skill guys even if it's not the right way to build a team.

Also, I love the draft and will watch it no matter what. Just trying to answer the question where I don't agree with the premise and I think the draft will be bigger this year than any year in the past and it will be bigger next year than this year. Football is king and will grow for the foreseeable future.

Based on what?
This is where I am at. I'm in the acceptance phase. But as a Bears fan, I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to a good QB

I don’t agree about last year. Carolina was insane to take Bryce Young over Stroud. I don't think that is reflection at all. In the moment it was the wrong choice. And there was a definite argument to just take Will Anderson there.

Williams is the clearest #1 QB since Trevor Lawrence. Maybe Andrew Luck.

I do think if there is a lack of interest it is because a thrid of the first round is going to be lineman and fans just prefer skill guys even if it's not the right way to build a team.

Also, I love the draft and will watch it no matter what. Just trying to answer the question where I don't agree with the premise and I think the draft will be bigger this year than any year in the past and it will be bigger next year than this year. Football is king and will grow for the foreseeable future.
I absolutely agree with you from that aspect. Who doesn't like those lineman though. Those fellas are huge!!! HAHAHAH.

I did both while at Oklahoma and USC. It is more of a feeling for me. He does have all the skillsets of a QB and we can’t really say a style matters anymore. It will be interesting to see how he manages the game versus looking for the big play. Honestly it all comes down to who the Bears will surround him with. I’m trying to take my dislikes out of the picture and focus on does he a team player attitude
My take is a simple one.
With his skillset and their receiving depth, if he doesnt make it, he is the QB coming out that is literally the biggest bust ever.
He would have to really really really not want to get better.

Back