The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the depth of winter it can suck. No one wants to be out there in low temps plus rain. I'd say there's probably only 2 or 3 weeks of the year you couldn't play and probably a 2 month span where it would just suck to play. Otherwise seems to be pretty good but I don't have a lot of historical data to back it up, I haven't been playing that long.

In the depth of winter it can suck. No one wants to be out there in low temps plus rain. I'd say there's probably only 2 or 3 weeks of the year you couldn't play and probably a 2 month span where it would just suck to play. Otherwise seems to be pretty good but I don't have a lot of historical data to back it up, I haven't been playing that long.

Sweet, are the conditions pretty green or is there a lot of brown grass on the course?

Green, almost always green due to the amount of rain we get. The only time you see brown grass is the middle of August when it hasn't rained in a couple of weeks and it starts to crisp up. Even then it's more yellow then brown, sort of a bleached look.

Green, almost always green due to the amount of rain we get. The only time you see brown grass is the middle of August when it hasn't rained in a couple of weeks and it starts to crisp up. Even then it's more yellow then brown, sort of a bleached look.

All I can say is... Jealous.

I shall get the banter started again tonight. My topic (this one's a doozy) is sleepwalking:

I don't do it as much anymore but when I was little I used to have what I thought were terrible nightmares. During these I would sleep walk and here is the weird part.

I would be having a terrible dream and I would wake up, walk into my moms room and I knew I was awake because I remember it all in the morning, I could talk to her, hear her talking to me and tell her what was going on in my dream all at the same time I could see my dream happening. The most recent one I had a few years ago I played the board game online RISK for a little too long and I went to bed and all of a sudden those huge plastic risk guys started taking over my house, so I ran into my moms room and was pointing at the living room because while I was in real life I could still see the risk peices in the living room. IT was just so weird how I could see my mom at the same time and communicate with her while I was having these night mares.

I have so many sleep walking stories and while all my nightmares are funny as hell when I repeat them they were horrifying if you were in them.

Wasn't there someone who was sleep walking at the last THP outing and did weird things?

Dent: That sounds really funny now, but was very likely terrifying at the time

I shall get the banter started again tonight. My topic (this one's a doozy) is sleepwalking:

I don't do it as much anymore but when I was little I used to have what I thought were terrible nightmares. During these I would sleep walk and here is the weird part.

I would be having a terrible dream and I would wake up, walk into my moms room and I knew I was awake because I remember it all in the morning, I could talk to her, hear her talking to me and tell her what was going on in my dream all at the same time I could see my dream happening. The most recent one I had a few years ago I played the board game online RISK for a little too long and I went to bed and all of a sudden those huge plastic risk guys started taking over my house, so I ran into my moms room and was pointing at the living room because while I was in real life I could still see the risk peices in the living room. IT was just so weird how I could see my mom at the same time and communicate with her while I was having these night mares.

I have so many sleep walking stories and while all my nightmares are funny as hell when I repeat them they were horrifying if you were in them.

I've definitely had experiences like that, but they weren't caused naturally. Psychedelics can do some gnarly things to your mind. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never slept walked, but I've always wanted to wake up in the morning with a half eaten pb&j sandwich glued to the side of my face so I would know I slept walked.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Ya I have no idea what it was. The weirdest one I had was my parents awoke to me screaming really loud, they ran into the room and I kept yelling at them "Put it down! Put it down!" and I was pointing at the dresser, I remember I woke up and the dresser was floating, and it was scaring the hell out of me.

They couldn't understand what I was talking about because the dresser was obviously not floating but when I saw it it was.

Dammit, some one find that chuckles thread for me. I cant find the dang thing. You know the thread were people posts there jokes. Were the heck is it?

Ok so sleepwalking... how about that age old myth of dying in their dreams? Honestly I think it's hogwash. I've died so many times in my dreams that it's masochistic. 1st person, 3rd person, shot, stabbed, drowned, electrocuted, hung, choked, you name it I probably have died it.

Ya I have no idea what it was. The weirdest one I had was my parents awoke to me screaming really loud, they ran into the room and I kept yelling at them "Put it down! Put it down!" and I was pointing at the dresser, I remember I woke up and the dresser was floating, and it was scaring the hell out of me.

They couldn't understand what I was talking about because the dresser was obviously not floating but when I saw it it was.

:rofl: thats some funny stuff right there.

Ok so sleepwalking... how about that age old myth of dying in their dreams? Honestly I think it's hogwash. I've died so many times in my dreams that it's masochistic. 1st person, 3rd person, shot, stabbed, drowned, electrocuted, hung, choked, you name it I probably have died it.

WOW, I don't think I've ever died in my dreams, but I have had dreams where people very close to me die and I wake up very sad until I put it all together.

Really? You die in your dreams? I can't remember ever dying. Do you wake up once you die?

It's weird how some people don't dream. I dream almost every night and remember almost all of them.

Same. I always dream and always remember
Really? You die in your dreams? I can't remember ever dying. Do you wake up once you die?

It's weird how some people don't dream. I dream almost every night and remember almost all of them.

Hell yeah, dreaming is the best part of going to sleep for me.

Yup, funny thing is that it actually calms me. I guess when I'm a big stress ball that happens and afterwards I'm more relaxed. One time I dreamt I died (I forgot the cause but I think I was stabbed) and I dreamt it and 1st person then after I died it switched to 3rd person. Like I was watching a movie. Weird :poop:

Does your school offer any dream interpretation classes? I always liked psych classes like that. Seems like you would be the teachers star pupil. Throw away the textbook and just analyze your crazy a** dreams.

Ever since that Paranormal thread I have had a TON of ghost dreams.

I actually had one that made me jump out of my sleep and sit up, I don't remember it all but I was in a car and someone yelled "Here it comes" and a white thing flashed infront of my eyes followed by a loud scream. Scared me.

Does your school offer any dream interpretation classes? I always liked psych classes like that. Seems like you would be the teachers star pupil. Throw away the textbook and just analyze your crazy a** dreams.

unfortunately no lol. I'm sure I would do a hell of a job analysing my dreams though.

We've had a long winter...tons of snow, cold, etc. I dreamt more about golf than anything else. lol

I want to have more dreams about Jessica Alba. I will let those scientist analyze away if they could make that happen. :D

Well I don't sleepwalk but I do talk in my sleep and I don't mean just saying words, I can hold a full blown conversation with you being asleep the whole time. My answers might not make sense and I will ask questions that have nothing to do with the topic at hand (I'm told) but you can talk to me for as long as you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back