The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what slingbox is?

Seriously? Best invention since high speed internet. It lets you watch all your home TV from your computer, phone, ipad, etc. I bought one because I travel weekly for work and hotel TV channel options are spotty at best. Let alone killing time in airports. You just download the app to your computer (free) and I give you a code. Boom, you pull up a virtual remote and control my directv like youre sitting in my office.

Whoa. That's very cool! I may take you up on that one of these days. The other thing that I failed to mention is that I NEVER get to watch TV haha. My time at home consists of chasing a 2 year old around, putting him to bed and THP afterwards. I just don't have time to fit it into my life. I wish I did.

Whoa. That's very cool! I may take you up on that one of these days. The other thing that I failed to mention is that I NEVER get to watch TV haha. My time at home consists of chasing a 2 year old around, putting him to bed and THP afterwards. I just don't have time to fit it into my life. I wish I did.

Its a great tool, especially when stuck in the office on Major Championship thursdays, fridays, NCAA tournament, etc. I often leave it connected & minmized while I work so I can listen to it instead of the same old sports talk or music channels. PM me if/when you decide.

hahaha....dang man. That sucks

I talked my wife into the Playboy channel...its for the funny jokes

They have some good programming on the PB channel

No dude. It's like $50 more a month. I think we got a deal when we signed up, so they stick it to you if you want more.

Oh man, I didn't realize that, that's pretty bad. My wife also pays our cable bill, I just have made it abundantly clear to her that we need the extended sports package.

I don't have Golf Channel. It's in the next highest cable package, which is too much more money (according to Erica).

No dude. It's like $50 more a month. I think we got a deal when we signed up, so they stick it to you if you want more.

i dont get the golf channel anymore either... it went from the $9 package to the $60 package with no warning whatsoever

I dislike cable companies immensely.

Hawk you have to play the game. Call up and tell them you want to cancel your services. You need to get over to customer retention's because they have all the special codes and power. Tell them that Directv is going to give you more for less, golf channel included. You'll have golf channel by the end of the day for the same amount.

That's a good idea. I think it's in Erica's name and she is like a pitbull with those people. I'll delegate it to her.

Hawk you have to play the game. Call up and tell them you want to cancel your services. You need to get over to customer retention's because they have all the special codes and power. Tell them that Directv is going to give you more for less, golf channel included. You'll have golf channel by the end of the day for the same amount.

Agreed. These guys are bleeding customers and you have to call them on it. Just take it from the guy that works for one of them. That's some inside info right there.

Kmac's right. I pay for basic cable and have the Golf Channel and HBO and Cinemax. Let the Hawk loose bro!

That's a good idea. I think it's in Erica's name and she is like a pitbull with those people. I'll delegate it to her.

I dont think Ive ever seen it not work. They'd rather give you the golf channel package then lose your business.

It's so stupid. Just give me what I want and don't make me call you. I wish all transactions could be done via computer.

I hate calling CS. With directv you can add services online but if you want to take them back off you have to call in. Hate that.

It's so stupid. Just give me what I want and don't make me call you. I wish all transactions could be done via computer.

Then you can be an internet tough guy, huh?

I hate calling CS. With directv you can add services online but if you want to take them back off you have to call in. Hate that.
I have Dish Network and anytime you have to call in it's a damn joke. For the most part you can do anything and everything you need online but yeah the calling in sucks.

Go get em Hawk, get you some free Golf Chanel buddy!

Anyone know much about cortisone shots?

As in what aspect? I had steroid injections into my back several years back that did not help my issue. My wife is a nurse working in pre-op/PACU and I could probably get an answer for anything you want to know about them since she preps/recovers patients.

As in what aspect? I had steroid injections into my back several years back that did not help my issue. My wife is a nurse working in pre-op/PACU and I could probably get an answer for anything you want to know about them since she preps/recovers patients.

I injured my shoulder a while back and have been doing PT but it has just been really sore for the last 2 days and ibuprofen isnt doing anything anymore. My mom said something about the shot but I looked online and am not sure I want to get one.

I injured my shoulder a while back and have been doing PT but it has just been really sore for the last 2 days and ibuprofen isnt doing anything anymore. My mom said something about the shot but I looked online and am not sure I want to get one.

Generally speaking, they can be great with helping to minimize local pain while going through recovery. They do not do any permanent tissue damage but they can make you think you are better when in fact you are not due to the reduced pain. If the pain is that bad, there becomes a point when you have to do something. Sounds like the PT movement is flaring it up and that is to be expected.

They gave my boss temp relief in her knee, but she had to get surgery to get rid of her pain in the end.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Generally speaking, they can be great with helping to minimize local pain while going through recovery. They do not do any permanent tissue damage but they can make you think you are better when in fact you are not due to the reduced pain. If the pain is that bad, there becomes a point when you have to do something. Sounds like the PT movement is flaring it up and that is to be expected.

I am just worried about some of the side effects (plus I dont like huge needles) My shoulder has been fine up until now and I have been doing the PT for over 6 months. I think its scar tissue or something because when I dig at it it feels better after.

Ive had two in my left hand for something called trigger finger. The first one didnt do much but this second one pretty much did the trick. There was no ill effects from it at all. Just a shot in the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back