The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we need another remake of The Thing? Maybe we do.

Kevin

After being at a conference all weekend the quasi-doc (wifey) had decided that Kansas City, Missouri should be way up the list of potential moves.

I'm not so sold, but, I haven't been since I was 6 either lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey TC, hows the weather looking your way?

hey TC, hows the weather looking your way?

uh, do you want me to be honest or do you want me to tell you what I think you want to hear?

Nah, it's over cast. I just checked the weather though. 30% chance of rain but it's not suppose to be a lot of accumulation. Bring rain gear dude.

uh, do you want me to be honest or do you want me to tell you what I think you want to hear?

Nah, it's over cast. I just checked the weather though. 30% chance of rain but it's not suppose to be a lot of accumulation. Bring rain gear dude.

well, its blue skies here. and the weather usually heads from here to you. So, I am hoping these blue skies come your way

well, its blue skies here. and the weather usually heads from here to you. So, I am hoping these blue skies come your way

It's only 30%. I think it'll be fine. Let's rock it!

Waiting on the novacaine to kick in and have my first root canal. Worst pain ever- and I'm not looking forward to this procedure at all.

After being at a conference all weekend the quasi-doc (wifey) had decided that Kansas City, Missouri should be way up the list of potential moves.

I'm not so sold, but, I haven't been since I was 6 either lol

Might re-think KC, MO. Schools are not the best, plus they have an Earnings tax if you live in KCMO or work in KCMO (even if you live someplace else). They do have some great schools, but it seems like the KCMO schools get a new superintendent on a yearly basis. There's plenty of nice places around though that are nearby.

Waiting on the novacaine to kick in and have my first root canal. Worst pain ever- and I'm not looking forward to this procedure at all.

It really isnt that bad. You probably won't even feel any pain during or afterward. I had my first one done a few weeks ago.

Might re-think KC, MO. Schools are not the best, plus they have an Earnings tax if you live in KCMO or work in KCMO (even if you live someplace else). They do have some great schools, but it seems like the KCMO schools get a new superintendent on a yearly basis.

Yikes, this is not good news for me and my wife who are planning to move to KC in Jan. She signed on with an anesthesia group working in KC, MO. We planned to live in Overland Park or Leawood to take advantage of the better schools, but the earnings tax sucks. Thanks for the headsup, I need to readup on it.

Side note, I was there this weekend and played some AWESOME golf courses. They seemed pretty affordable, so I was really excited to make the move.

Had one two weeks ago. Sitting with your mouth propped open for 2 hours is no fun.

All dental work sucks. Unless it's on the set of an adult movie.

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

Yikes, this is not good news for me and my wife who are planning to move to KC in Jan. She signed on with an anesthesia group working in KC, MO. We planned to live in Overland Park or Leawood to take advantage of the better schools, but the earnings tax sucks. Thanks for the headsup, I need to readup on it.

Side note, I was there this weekend and played some AWESOME golf courses. They seemed pretty affordable, so I was really excited to make the move.
It is a 1% tax on what you make. They charge it if you work there or live there regardless of what city you work in.

All dental work sucks. Unless it's on the set of an adult movie.

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

Lmbo. Irony is I'm sitting in a dental office now.

I should book a flight to the pacific nw and help put Dr. Teeths kids through college.

--
tapatalk

I hate denatal work of all kinds. It just annoys me.

I hate denatal work of all kinds. It just annoys me.

I'm gonna need a 2nd and 3rd job to pay this dentist. Govt dental ins blows...badly.

--
tapatalk

Might re-think KC, MO. Schools are not the best, plus they have an Earnings tax if you live in KCMO or work in KCMO (even if you live someplace else). They do have some great schools, but it seems like the KCMO schools get a new superintendent on a yearly basis. There's plenty of nice places around though that are nearby.

It is a 1% tax on what you make. They charge it if you work there or live there regardless of what city you work in.

Smally, you're the man!

Although, that might explain why she thought the city was really nice (although she didn't look for the bad parts). Also appreciate the heads up on schools, though, I'm not sure that if we move I'll stay in teaching. The state of the education system has really worn on me and the politicians are oblivious to what is really going on.

Smally, you're the man!

Although, that might explain why she thought the city was really nice (although she didn't look for the bad parts). Also appreciate the heads up on schools, though, I'm not sure that if we move I'll stay in teaching. The state of the education system has really worn on me and the politicians are oblivious to what is really going on.

There are some good private schools in the KC area, but as far as public youd need to live in Overland Park or Lenexa or somewhere like that on the Kansas side that has much better public schools.

Smally, you're the man!

JMan, my wife has us looking in prairie village, leawood, overland park. I'd like to live as far north as possible to minimize her drive to work (Plaza / Westport), but I dont want a 100 yr old house either. I was totally impressed with the golf courses out there, we played some SICK tracks (Loch Lloyd, Sycamore Ridge, Iron Horse, Tiffany Greens) for pretty cheap (IMO).

JMan, my wife has us looking in prairie village, leawood, overland park. I'd like to live as far north as possible to minimize her drive to work (Plaza / Westport), but I dont want a 100 yr old house either. I was totally impressed with the golf courses out there, we played some SICK tracks for pretty cheap (IMO).

You should check out Lenexa. It is where I was born and raised and my sister has been on their city council since 99, so I am biased.

See, another reason I love this place. So many people that help in so many ways.

I won't lie, I'm starting to lean hard to leaving the state. I hope she gets the KC MO interview. I've gone from afraid to move from home all the way to it could be alot of fun.

See, another reason I love this place. So many people that help in so many ways.

I won't lie, I'm starting to lean hard to leaving the state. I hope she gets the KC MO interview. I've gone from afraid to move from home all the way to it could be alot of fun.

Did you and your wife grow up in Oklahoma? The reason I ask is that I went to med school in South Carolina that had almost everyone from South Carolina, which is where I grew up. A bunch of my friends from med school left the state for residency, but now have returned after they finished their training. Residency is a great opportunity to explore a new part of the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back