The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have fun in Philly Thainer! You should go see the Phils play!

I leave for home on Monday morning. Its going to be weird staying at my bosses/girlfriends house.

Dont.get.caught

If I were you I'd take a side trip over to the nearest Wawa and pickup some energy drinks. You're probably gonna need it.

What kind of dumba** gets on a 8 hr bus ride without fluids? >>>this guy<<<
Won't you be stopping like every hour or so to pick up and drop off people? (or maybe more often)

I rode the bus from Pittsburg, KS to Kansas City, KS (a 2 hour 15 minute drive) and we stopped 3 times before my stop!

Have a great trip, Thainer :)

I made a video for OEM on the course today hehe:

<strong>
Ouch, that has to be painful. Jacqui and I were behind a fivesome of old guys in carts for one hole. They let us through as all five were looking for their tee shots in the trees on the left.

Not that I know of, one stop. Buffalo. Boom.
Won't you be stopping like every hour or so to pick up and drop off people? (or maybe more often)

I rode the bus from Pittsburg, KS to Kansas City, KS (a 2 hour 15 minute drive) and we stopped 3 times before my stop!

Bummer, Thainer. How much you want to bet you'll have drinks on the ride home?

Why are you taking the bus?

UPDATE: Got two waters in buffalo, and my stop is the next stop, 5 hrs away, harrisburg PA. Harrisburg is one of the thru stops to DC and Baltimore. So you were pretty spot on Smallie.

Im taking the bus because it costed me less than 1/3 of the gas, I dont have to drive, its an overnighter so I can sleep if I want to, and its more convenient because my girlfriend can pick me up. Not to mention I am on wifi on the bus!!!!

Bummer, Thainer. How much you want to bet you'll have drinks on the ride home?

Why are you taking the bus?

Makes sense, not only for the gas money, but becasuse you don't lose all that valuable THP time! Have fun.

OEM, how did you run across that? hehe. It would be hard not to do a little unintentional grab if the right person was wearing that thing.

Did you see the video I made for you a page back or so?

My wife and I are selling our house. Its been on the market abt 2 months and are having our first open house this Sunday. Any inside tips or advice?

My wife and I are selling our house. Its been on the market abt 2 months and are having our first open house this Sunday. Any inside tips or advice?

Expect at least one neighbor to come in just to see if yours is as nice as theirs.
Leave the house. Its not fun sitting there watching people look at your stuff and comment.
Dont expect the traffic that the realtor tells you is coming. It can be better, but most of the time falls a little short.

Expect at least one neighbor to come in just to see if yours is as nice as theirs.
Leave the house. Its not fun sitting there watching people look at your stuff and comment.
Dont expect the traffic that the realtor tells you is coming. It can be better, but most of the time falls a little short.

Thanks JB, I expect the neighbors to come. Realtor wants us to play jazz music, I told him I will leave the TV on RedZone channel instead. We need to move by January so I'm not worried (yet), but my wife is in full freak out mode.

that's a beer bottle fanny pack lol

I agree with JB.....potential owners won't feel at ease if the current owners are there...potential owners want to imagine it's their house too so remove any personal pictures that may be out....try to make your house as neutral as possible.....

Have you been getting many people coming through? We had about 10 showings in the 10 months our house was on the market between October 2009 to August 2010.

Both realtors we used told us that open houses do more for getting them new clients than getting your house sold.

Have you been getting many people coming through? We had about 10 showings in the 10 months our house was on the market between October 2009 to August 2010.

Bot realtors we used told us that open houses do more for getting them new clients than getting your house sold.

We've had about 5-6 showings, one was a second showing but no offer. Wife starts a job in KC in Jan so we still have some time. I'd prefer to not have to rent it out, but she wants to get it sold so we can begin shopping for our new crib in KC.

Neutral decor. When pricing, don't base your price only on what other houses have sold for, especially if you're in a tough market. Have the Realtor show you similar properties that are listed for sale, and base your pricing off the competition. It's all about the competition. Also have a grasp on how much foreclosure and short sale competition you're up against, and make sure non-distressed properties are selling at a decent pace. Distressed properties can kill a market, and buyers these days are buying houses like they buy used cars. It's a completely different mind set than what they used to have. They grind on price for everything.

Trust me on the competition thing. Half my business is predicting what houses will sell for within 120 days.

Kevin

I wish our houe would get built a little faster. We are a month in and all that is done is the basement and Garage foundation. Its gonna be so pretty though. And roomy. I think from time to time that my parents don't understand how huge a 2800 sq. ft. house is, especially when you factor in the 1400 sq ft basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back