The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so!! Could use it lately... Mr. ModBen, could you delete the red one(s) too? :)

The red ones are like scars, they add character.

I find it so weird that I have dreams that have people from THP in them and I havent even met anyone. Had a dream that me, Tadashi and Ddec were at a bar drinking together last night. Had a dream a few months ago that me and Canadan were playing golf during and alien invasion. What is wrong with me?

I find it so weird that I have dreams that have people from THP in them and I havent even met anyone. Had a dream that me, Tadashi and Ddec were at a bar drinking together last night. Had a dream a few months ago that me and Canadan were playing golf during and alien invasion. What is wrong with me?

I've done that, bro...at one point myself, P4B, TC, and Tadashi were playing in hail. Weird, I know.

hahaha I think I remember you telling me about that.. I'm totally okay with it buddy. But instead of aliens next time, let's roll with zombies.

Do they show up as their avatars?

Do they show up as their avatars?

Haha no, I know what they look like from pictures and stuff so thats what they look like. If they had avatar heads I might need to be committed to an insane asylum.

Alright I know I'm always in here talking about my job and how I want a different one and all this. Well it turns out that there is an opening on another team here at the hospital I work for. Quick background, we've got an IT department with right around 500 people in it, we have several teams and right now I'm a Sys Admin on the windows server team. I support windows based file servers for the health system. Anyway this opening is on one of the application support teams. I applied for the Project Manager job on this team back in April but they gave it to someone else. Turns out the guy who took the job then just got promoted to a manager job here on our Help Desk team. SO the team has a meeting and I'm being told that my name was brought up when they talked about replacements. I have a buddy who's also that team and he spilled the beans.

Last week while I was out for training I had received an email from that team's manager, "Hey, wanted to talk to you about a possible move to my team." I have a meeting with him today at 11. GULP. Career move wise I think it's a no brainer. But man for some reason I'm nervous! I haven't stop thinking about this job since my buddy told me they brought my name up. I think it's cool they're coming to me rather than me applying and hoping to get the job. That could give me some leverage when it comes to $.

I was just sort of stopping with the whole constant look for something better too, I figured as TC says, "the grass isn't always greener" and I do have it made on my current team. Been here forever, know everything, got a boss that is super chill and I can pretty much come and go as I please. This other manager seems cool too and my buddy who's on his team says he's very hands off, get your work done and he leaves you alone kind of a guy.

So yeah....that's what's going on around here.

I've done that, bro...at one point myself, P4B, TC, and Tadashi were playing in hail. Weird, I know.

It appears as if either Tadashi is Freddy Kreuger or he is just a dreamboat.

Alright I know I'm always in here talking about my job and how I want a different one and all this. Well it turns out that there is an opening on another team here at the hospital I work for. Quick background, we've got an IT department with right around 500 people in it, we have several teams and right now I'm a Sys Admin on the windows server team. I support windows based file servers for the health system. Anyway this opening is on one of the application support teams. I applied for the Project Manager job on this team back in April but they gave it to someone else. Turns out the guy who took the job then just got promoted to a manager job here on our Help Desk team. SO the team has a meeting and I'm being told that my name was brought up when they talked about replacements. I have a buddy who's also that team and he spilled the beans.

Last week while I was out for training I had received an email from that team's manager, "Hey, wanted to talk to you about a possible move to my team." I have a meeting with him today at 11. GULP. Career move wise I think it's a no brainer. But man for some reason I'm nervous! I haven't stop thinking about this job since my buddy told me they brought my name up. I think it's cool they're coming to me rather than me applying and hoping to get the job. That could give me some leverage when it comes to $.

I was just sort of stopping with the whole constant look for something better too, I figured as TC says, "the grass isn't always greener" and I do have it made on my current team. Been here forever, know everything, got a boss that is super chill and I can pretty much come and go as I please. This other manager seems cool too and my buddy who's on his team says he's very hands off, get your work done and he leaves you alone kind of a guy.

Nice dude! I hope you get it. Even though the "grass is not always greener" it is nice for a change sometimes. There are always some unknowns, but that is normal. I just hope you get some more cash dude! New irons! New driver! (Wait you have 3 now) okay, a Trip to NC is in order!

Good luck Jake! Hopefully it's a good opportunity that presents itself to you. No harm in discussing it and considering it at least.

Nice dude! I hope you get it. Even though the "grass is not always greener" it is nice for a change sometimes. There are always some unknowns, but that is normal. I just hope you get some more cash dude! New irons! New driver! (Wait you have 3 now) okay, a Trip to NC is in order!
The nice thing about this is that it would be change without losing all my years of service here. New job and new learning etc without having to start over completely at a new company. That part makes me excited.

Yeah I wouldn't buy new clubs that's for sure. I have plenty now....but I would buy more apparel. I'd buy LOTS of golf clothes! I'm such a woman. Scratch that comment! :wink:

Nice Jake! It is a great feeling to be sought out for a new position. Relax and find out everything you can. Hope it works out if you like what you hear!

The nice thing about this is that it would be change without losing all my years of service here. New job and new learning etc without having to start over completely at a new company. That part makes me excited.

Yeah I wouldn't buy new clubs that's for sure. I have plenty now....but I would buy more apparel. I'd buy LOTS of golf clothes! I'm such a woman. Scratch that comment! :wink:

Yeah man you don't want to lose those years. That is why I will never leave the state system here in NC.

Yes you are a woman. HAHA

good luck dude! better to at least look then never do and always wonder. Always good to know what your worth is

Thanks guys. I was pretty flattered when I heard they brought up my name specifically. I also like the fact that the guy that had this position before me was promoted to a manager. It is a pretty highly visible position so when I do well people will notice. Now they only know my team exists when servers crash. Then all hell breaks loose!

Nice Jake! You've got it good where you are, considering you live in the prairie. Good luck today.

Jake, that is awesome! Hope everything goes your way!

thats awesome jake! I always thought you were somebody, so its good to see those people from Fargo are getting smarter and seeing the value in JAKE!

Good luck, Jakester!

Awesome Jake, everyone is buying in to the Jake Nation dude! Good luck!

Good luck Jake, go get it!

Good luck Jake.. sounds like a win win to me. You get more $$ and new opportunities and they get you. Perfect deal !!!

Good luck Jake!

I should probably roll some tape of Captain Intensity videos while I'm in there today. Show this guy who's he's really dealing with here. Less than an hour....we'll soon find out!

Good Luck Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back