The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude that is awesome Jake. I know you sounded like it was a good change from when you first heard about it and now it seems like a good move going forward.

Mo' money, Mo' problems!
Yeah it's definitely a good thing. I was able to talk to the guy who had the position prior to me and he loved the job, if he didn't get promoted to manager he wouldn't have left it. That was cool hearing that.

Mo' money, Mo' problems indeed bro.

1214320861192fn0.jpg

That is "Awesome" Jake! I am so glad to hear that. Time to celebrate this weekend!

I guess I have something to discuss with the Home Owners Assoc. at our next meeting then, nice!

So did mine. The judge deemed them in violation of the new law and allowed us to have a dish. New laws were created that told us where we could have it and with in months, half the neighborhood had dishes. They have no leg to stand on.

So i've been missing for a few days. What's the news

awesome news broski, congrats!!

Last night of golf league tonight. I'm saddened by this. They'll keep some weekly cash games going as long as the weather holds up, that's always fun.

So I got my final call from HR today, they made me a very nice offer on that position I told you about last week. Now they're just in the cooler before I accept. Man it'll be different, I've been on the same team (couple different positions) for 14 years. Yesterday in a meeting I was letting my mind wander about not working with these guys anymore, it'll be weird but I have to make the change. I'll regret it if I don't. Last thing of the day yesterday I had a meeting with a couple of teams, I arrived a couple minutes after it started, there was 1 spot left at the table and it was right smack between my current boss and the guy that will be my new boss. That was awkward.

Haha one of the guys in my class who sits next to me was asking me what was that hackers paradise site that I always see you on haha

People always think it's a website for network hackers or something lol.

He was all like ohhhh I get it hackers lol

Congrats Jake!

Today I was told farts are just the ghosts of the food you eat. I suppose that makes sense.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Today I was told farts are just the ghosts of the food you eat. I suppose that makes sense.

Tap Tap Taparoo

You must have eaten a big bowl of beans, and some tacos the other day, cause those "farts" in your living room where really noisy the other night lol

It was really scary man

Ok now it's a freaking snow storm again and this place is supposed to get 20 cm's more tonight. I hate it here.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok now it's a freaking snow storm again and this place is supposed to get 20 cm's more tonight. I hate it here.

what that's insane, it's 91 here today, you guys are somewhat lucky

dude
Dude I don't know if I should laugh or freak out haha this is hilarious! I wouldn't mind doing this but using Gary Busey instead

174422_100001981176480_5068245_n.jpg

Sign me up! I want to go boarding

nice bogey russ...........LOL!

dude
Dude I don't know if I should laugh or freak out haha this is hilarious! I wouldn't mind doing this but using Gary Busey instead

174422_100001981176480_5068245_n.jpg
nick is freaky enough... gary might be over the top
btw i found that pic on the net hahaha... my girl would trip out since we already have a haunted house

Snow expected here tonight as well. I am not a happy camper.

Snow expected here tonight as well. I am not a happy camper.

Sorry to hear that man. I miss my island and normal climate.

nick is freaky enough... gary might be over the top
btw i found that pic on the net hahaha... my girl would trip out since we already have a haunted house

whoa whoa, I think Gary Busey is scarier than any haunted house

I need a little THP input here:

So, I coach football where I teach. I'm the offensive line coach for the varsity and also run the offense for our middle school program. I go with the middle school for a half of a practice twice a week.

Today, the middle school head coach and I got into a little argument on the sidelines. He let it carry over into the office after practice and put his hands on me, challenging me to a fight. He tried refusing to let me leave the office.

He thinks I feel that I can override him because I coach with the varsity so he takes that out on me. Plus, I think he feels like he can walk over me because I'm young. Meanwhile, everyone knows that I do EVERYTHING I can to help our program. I never complain about working with the young kids as well because I like it.

Our varsity team is 5-0. We're ranked 3rd in the state. What the heck do I do here? I can take all the physical abuse in the world but putting your hands on me crosses a whole different line. I don't want to rock the boat of a successful program that I love so much but I can't keep working with this guy. He's also the head wrestling coach in the district and I don't want to destroy a program.

Any advice? I really don't know what to do here.

So, I coach football where I teach. I'm the offensive line coach for the varsity and also run the offense for our middle school program. I go with the middle school for a half of a practice twice a week.

Today, the middle school head coach and I got into a little argument on the sidelines. He let it carry over into the office after practice and put his hands on me, challenging me to a fight. He tried refusing to let me leave the office.

He thinks I feel that I can override him because I coach with the varsity so he takes that out on me. Plus, I think he feels like he can walk over me because I'm young. Meanwhile, everyone knows that I do EVERYTHING I can to help our program. I never complain about working with the young kids as well because I like it.

Our varsity team is 5-0. We're ranked 3rd in the state. What the heck do I do here? I can take all the physical abuse in the world but putting your hands on me crosses a whole different line. I don't want to rock the boat of a successful program that I love so much but I can't keep working with this guy. He's also the head wrestling coach in the district and I don't want to destroy a program.

Take the high road, Steel. I know he put his hands on you, but walk away. More than likely, he wants you gone, so he wants to get under your crawl and get you to fight or something along those lines. Just back away from the situation, and remove yourself from it. No point in letting a hot head jeopardize your job.

I would try to have a rational conversation with him. Tell him that he went overboard and to not put his hands on you. Let him decide if he wants to be an adult. If he doesnt and continues to act this way, you have to go above him.

Tap Tap Taparoo

I know that's the correct course of action but I'll have a hard time working with someone that crossed THAT line of disrespect. That's my problem. I love working with the younger kids as well but it's going to be tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back