The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever try Melatonin for the purpose of trying to get a better nights sleep?

Anyone ever try Melatonin for the purpose of trying to get a better nights sleep?

Yeah make sure you take it RIGHT before bed and allow yourself enough hours for sleep. I used to take it 20 minutes before bed and wouldnt see results with it but did when I took RIGHT as I was getting in bed.

I have. It seems to work. I worked midnights then second shift for a long time, and that schedule still comes back to haunt me sometimes. If I'm still awake at 11, I'll probably be up until 2.

When I remember to take the melatonin, I try to take it about 30 minutes before I actually want to go to sleep, then just relax and watch TV. I usually drift off pretty easily. No 'sleeping pill' grogginess in the morning or if you wake up in the middle of the night either.

Yes. Not something you want to rely on every night, but every 5 or 6 nights it definitely helps.

I have major sleep problems simply because I dont shut my laptop or turn down my phone early enough because I get bored laying there. Committing to sleep is the best way to actually get some.

I actually have a lot of info on this. I have a friend that is a pilot and they are not allowed to take many sleep aids. They studied them and came away with the thoughts that the liquid melatonin works 10x better than the pill. Harder to find, but works much much better. GG tried it and loves it. It works perfectly, no issues with being overly tired in the morning and at the same time no dependence on it either.

Thanks for the info JB, I will be taking a look into this for sure.
I actually have a lot of info on this. I have a friend that is a pilot and they are not allowed to take many sleep aids. They studied them and came away with the thoughts that the liquid melatonin works 10x better than the pill. Harder to find, but works much much better. GG tried it and loves it. It works perfectly, no issues with being overly tired in the morning and at the same time no dependence on it either.

On the flipside, Im still in bed in my boxers interwebbing.

This topic interests me greatly. I sleep like garbage. Easy to get to sleep, hard to stay asleep.

I use a liquid called California Poppy with no adverse effects. It's a smooth transition to REM with no haze in the AM

I use a liquid called California Poppy with no adverse effects. It's a smooth transition to REM with no haze in the AM

THANK YOU FREDDIE! I couldnt remember for the life of me what it was called and therefore couldnt find the thread.

On the flipside, Im still in bed in my boxers interwebbing.

Thanks for that. Now I have to go slaughter a pig to get the image out of my head.

What's the story on this stuff? Just supposed to help shut it all down for the evening?

It's the hormone that naturally triggers your sleep cycle.

What's the story on this stuff? Just supposed to help shut it all down for the evening?
Yes, it's a natural extract that calms. It regulates sleep cycles or helps relax you. I only use when I want a deep 8 hours or if I want to take the edge off at the edge of a long weekend. No side effects what so ever

You know how long I have been looking for this...Cant find it anywhere.

I often have rather extreme difficulty sleeping, an I find that 9 - 12 MG of Melatonin really helps. I take it 30 minutes before bed, and then I sleep. I sleep all the way through the night, and wake up well rested.

Yes, it's a natural extract that calms. It regulates sleep cycles or helps relax you. I only use when I want a deep 8 hours or if I want to take the edge off at the edge of a long weekend. No side effects what so ever

And it really rejuvenates well? This is very interesting.

Thanks Dev.

Any time buddy. I am thinking about ordering it too. Only problem I have is if the baby wakes up and my wife needs help I dont want to be comatose..haha

I swear by liquid melatonin. It has to be liquid though, the pills don't work. I have the hardest time falling asleep because I am always thinking about what happened that day, what I need to do tomorrow, next week, next month, etc... so this helps me fall asleep without feeling groggy the next day.

Any time buddy. I am thinking about ordering it too. Only problem I have is if the baby wakes up and my wife needs help I dont want to be comatose..haha

That's what I like about liquid melatonin, you can wake up anytime you want and not have that comatose feeling.

I found it on Amazon.com, with Prime shipping, I will have it in 2 days!

That's what I like about liquid melatonin, you can wake up anytime you want and not have that comatose feeling.
Hmm...I may need to read up on the melatonin.

Hmmmmmmmmmm *to the batmobile* Running to GNC at lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back