The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having to pack for a 3 day business trip....do I try to fit everything into 2 carry ons or do I just check a bag? If it was a 2 day trip it'd be carry ons and if it was 4 or 5 days I'd check but 3 days is no mans land for packing

Unless your bags are free, carry on's. Heck, 1 carry on if you can squish it into there.

Hole #6 today. Two or three club wind into my face. Hole is probably playing 185 now or so. And I havent even started on my rant yet. Phone rings and the gf is hysterical because the dogs have a skunk cornered in the backyard and want to eat it. Wtf!! So Im thinking is there any way I can finish 12 holes of golf before getting into two dogs covered in skunk. Tell her I'll grab a raincheck in the clubhouse and head home. Pull into the driveway and get out. Whoa. The most awful rotten onion arse smell is coming from the garage where one of the dogs is holed up covered in skunk. The other one the gf is holding on the front steps just having given her the de-skunk bath. I can still smell it on my hands and its awful.

Having to pack for a 3 day business trip....do I try to fit everything into 2 carry ons or do I just check a bag? If it was a 2 day trip it'd be carry ons and if it was 4 or 5 days I'd check but 3 days is no mans land for packing

Dude, you arent packing right man. I take 1 carryon for my 5 day trips every week. 4 work shirts, pair of work pants, 4 pairs of work socks, running shoes, 3 workout outfits, 5-6 pairs of boxers, and an extra tshirt & shorts. you can even expand the carryon if you know you will be on regional jets the whole time where u will need to gate check. stuff the socks/boxers into your running shoes to save room.

Even if work is paying for the bags, the time is more valuable than heading to baggage claim (especially come friday night when you get home).

Dude, you arent packing right man. I take 1 carryon for my 5 day trips every week. 4 work shirts, pair of work pants, 4 pairs of work socks, running shoes, 3 workout outfits, 5-6 pairs of boxers, and an extra tshirt & shorts. you can even expand the carryon if you know you will be on regional jets the whole time where u will need to gate check. stuff the socks/boxers into your running shoes to save room.

Even if work is paying for the bags, the time is more valuable than heading to baggage claim (especially come friday night when you get home).

I want to know what piece of luggage you have because its better than mine.

Tap-taddict

Tapping my way forward as a MC hopeful

Hole #6 today. Two or three club wind into my face. Hole is probably playing 185 now or so. And I havent even started on my rant yet. Phone rings and the gf is hysterical because the dogs have a skunk cornered in the backyard and want to eat it. Wtf!! So Im thinking is there any way I can finish 12 holes of golf before getting into two dogs covered in skunk. Tell her I'll grab a raincheck in the clubhouse and head home. Pull into the driveway and get out. Whoa. The most awful rotten onion arse smell is coming from the garage where one of the dogs is holed up covered in skunk. The other one the gf is holding on the front steps just having given her the de-skunk bath. I can still smell it on my hands and its awful.

Lol, very rant worthy on several levels. The fun comes gain tomorrow when you just know everyone can still smell you.

That stinks dude.

That's a man that knows how to travel. Even if you're staying longer than 5 days, work is paying for the room or reimbursing you so use the hotel laundry service. I send out everything I can to be cleaned & pressed before I come back home. Get your money's worth.

I want to know what piece of luggage you have because its better than mine.

Tap-taddict

Tapping my way forward as a MC hopeful

23CB84F5-21E2-4F4C-97CE-4F89E9A59C25-10354-000003EA0E618F62_zps4fdd9439.jpg

Its about a 4 year old Victornix Swiss Army 21 or 22". This thing is a trooper, well worth the price.

ddxu, I'm like you. Doesn't matter how long the trip is I can fit all I need into one carry on piece of luggage like you have. To save extra space sometimes I will keep some boxers and socks in my laptop bag.

ddxu, I'm like you. Doesn't matter how long the trip is I can fit all I need into one carry on piece of luggage like you have. To save extra space sometimes I will keep some boxers and socks in my laptop bag.

So true. Or, I will take the most raggedy boxers I have in my home stash and just toss them in the trash when I'm done with them to save room on the way home. Checking bags is an absolute worst case in my book. No reason to throw them away at home, I get at least an extra trip out of them and them leave them in the trash at the hotel.

So true. Or, I will take the most raggedy boxers I have in my home stash and just toss them in the trash when I'm done with them to save room on the way home. Checking bags is an absolute worst case in my book. No reason to throw them away at home, I get at least an extra trip out of them and them leave them in the trash at the hotel.
That right there is BRILLIANT! On this last trip that was two straight weeks in one city and then 1 week in another I still only had my one carry on, and then I did laundry twice while away.

it got much better lol

glad to see you didn't get in trouble this week! Hope everything works out and that the boss doesn't get all angry lol

Today I had to volunteer at a Susan G Komen event for a student organization i am apart of. a week prior our student leader told us that we had to adhere strictly to Komen volunteer dress code so khaki shorts and we weren't allowed to wear jackets basically since its florida i didnt check the weather report and assumed it would be a warm day. I woke up at 430am (-_-) to make my way to the event dressed strictly to dress code and to find out it is 55 degrees outside with win making it like high 40's they said so me and the other students in the group basically stood around in a circle huddled together for warmth, waiting for the event to begin. Then our student leader shows up in long jeans in a big jacket and starts ranting how its soo cold and we should have just brought jackets after she specifically stated we couldn't. To make things worse my student organization as a whole was assigned to registration, which requires standing out in the cold, when we all were under the impression we would have a job where we would at least be able to walk around in an attempt to keep warm

glad to see you didn't get in trouble this week! Hope everything works out and that the boss doesn't get all angry lol
boss is on a golf trip so im all good for now hahaha... till he gets back anyways

boss is on a golf trip so im all good for now hahaha... till he gets back anyways

hopefully not with the evil rich guy haha, maybe the golf will make him forget

Dang that really sucks! I would have been angry!

Today I had to volunteer at a Susan G Komen event for a student organization i am apart of. a week prior our student leader told us that we had to adhere strictly to Komen volunteer dress code so khaki shorts and we weren't allowed to wear jackets basically since its florida i didnt check the weather report and assumed it would be a warm day. I woke up at 430am (-_-) to make my way to the event dressed strictly to dress code and to find out it is 55 degrees outside with win making it like high 40's they said so me and the other students in the group basically stood around in a circle huddled together for warmth, waiting for the event to begin. Then our student leader shows up in long jeans in a big jacket and starts ranting how its soo cold and we should have just brought jackets after she specifically stated we couldn't. To make things worse my student organization as a whole was assigned to registration, which requires standing out in the cold, when we all were under the impression we would have a job where we would at least be able to walk around in an attempt to keep warm

KellyBo's Mom was just now taken to the ICU unit at the hospital. Kelly left for Macon shortly after we played golf today and is now at the hospital with her Mom.

KellyBo's Mom was just now taken to the ICU unit at the hospital. Kelly left for Macon shortly after we played golf today and is now at the hospital with her Mom.

OG, I've got you all in my thoughts buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OG, I've got you all in my thoughts buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks bro. We need all the positive thoughts prayers we can get. This is getting scary now.

OG, your family will be in our prayers, our thoughts to sir

sorry to hear OG... hoping for the best for you and KB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back