The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Oh sorry, I'm dumb. Yes, it's all basically crap about Tigger, but he keeps saying over and over he's the best player ever to hope people believe him and offset that.

Not at all. I've been all over the place today my friend. I can't even keep up with myself.

LOL. How did we know? Where is everyone who said we couldnt judge until it came out?

I assure you I am still here. Finally finished the book and found it to be a pretty good read. I was not one that said it would be a book about golf, but I am also not one that said the book should not have been read, so I guess I dont fit here.

I assure you I am still here. Finally finished the book and found it to be a pretty good read. I was not one that said it would be a book about golf, but I am also not one that said the book should not have been read, so I guess I dont fit here.

The book was never gonna be about golf though. Was in no way calling anyone out by name but I know some said we couldnt judge, which still can hold true for those of us that didnt read.... But on the flip side.... sure Tiger's golf game can be considered golf but it was always going to be a gossip book. I'm speaking from just one forum member review but a huge issue I had was Haney saying it wasn't basically a gossip column. Which imo betrays a trust (that some would argue is karma or payback for what Tiger did).

I'm about 60% done with it Tmex. Book report will be typed, double spaced, 1" margins, handed in over the weekend

I'm about 60% done with it Tmex. Book report will be typed, double spaced, 1" margins, handed in over the weekend

I appreciate that Dean! What's your opinion? Gossip or Golf?

Regardless of what its really about isnt it really about Hank making more money in the end?

Regardless of what its really about isnt it really about Hank making more money in the end?

To some yes Kevinmac. To me it transcends Haney and Tiger really.

The book was never gonna be about golf though. Was in no way calling anyone out by name but I know some said we couldnt judge, which still can hold true for those of us that didnt read.... But on the flip side.... sure Tiger's golf game can be considered golf but it was always going to be a gossip book. I'm speaking from just one forum member review but a huge issue I had was Haney saying it wasn't basically a gossip column. Which imo betrays a trust (that some would argue is karma or payback for what Tiger did).

Tmex, I dont disagree with a lot of this, but the other side of it is that I dont think the book can be classified as one or the other, because there is a lot of information about both. Truth be told, outside of the last 3 years or so, the Tiger Woods story (that the public knew), would fill a book that was shorter than most pop-up books. Lies, half truths, PC statements, etc, because that is what the public was fed and what they chose to do with that information was up to them. Then a huge scandal broke about the private side that most fans wanted to know more about but were fed the stuff listed above instead. Then the fall out from that scandal was handled just about as poorly as possible in my opinion (and most PR people agree). Then multiple firings, hirings and even apology (that was interesting) later and you have someone on the inside of this entire thing come out with a book. Is it right or wrong? I dont think its fair to be classified as either.

However we all know that if Tiger Woods came out with a book that talked about his time with Haney, NOBODY would have an issue with it. Nobody would say "you guys were friends, how can you discuss this stuff", and certainly nobody would have outrage.

I appreciate that Dean! What's your opinion? Gossip or Golf?

so far it's been about his relationship with tiger, how tiger prepared for tournaments, talks about his focus and how it spills over in to some everyday life. A lot of talk about his practice and how they reacted to each other on the range and at tourneys. Not really much gossip(depending on your definition) up to this point IMO. Still another 40% of the book to read though so I'm sure it will change. I am about to hit the part about the military and stuff like that so I'm sure there will be some fluff in there.

Are you threatening me? :alien:

Get in line!! LOL.

Tmex, I dont disagree with a lot of this, but the other side of it is that I dont think the book can be classified as one or the other, because there is a lot of information about both. Truth be told, outside of the last 3 years or so, the Tiger Woods story (that the public knew), would fill a book that was shorter than most pop-up books. Lies, half truths, PC statements, etc, because that is what the public was fed and what they chose to do with that information was up to them. Then a huge scandal broke about the private side that most fans wanted to know more about but were fed the stuff listed above instead. Then the fall out from that scandal was handled just about as poorly as possible in my opinion (and most PR people agree). Then multiple firings, hirings and even apology (that was interesting) later and you have someone on the inside of this entire thing come out with a book. Is it right or wrong? I dont think its fair to be classified as either.

However we all know that if Tiger Woods came out with a book that talked about his time with Haney, NOBODY would have an issue with it. Nobody would say "you guys were friends, how can you discuss this stuff", and certainly nobody would have outrage.

Great points there too JB. I can see where a lot of people are coming from, really I do. Does it beg the question that if Tiger and crew handled this better in the beginning, what could've been with all this?

You might be right on the Tiger writing Haney book. Would it be one of those books that praised his teacher or would it be one of the ones that put him even more in a negative light (assuming the personal situations were flipped)? I'd have an issue if it were the latter.

If you're friends with someone, no matter what happens.. you just don't betray that. Even employer, employee relationships. I have a lot of dirt on former employers I'd never share because well, its jut not like that and its not hurting anyone but themselves.

so far it's been about his relationship with tiger, how tiger prepared for tournaments, talks about his focus and how it spills over in to some everyday life. A lot of talk about his practice and how they reacted to each other on the range and at tourneys. Not really much gossip(depending on your definition) up to this point IMO. Still another 40% of the book to read though so I'm sure it will change. I am about to hit the part about the military and stuff like that so I'm sure there will be some fluff in there.

I know I've been joking a lot but keep us up to date like Ba man!

From every snippet I've heard of or saw released, it's more like a middle school girl's diary than it is anything really golf related. IMO if you're sharing what you really learned from working with the guy, you'd mention stories like, "How Tiger used gamesmanship against X player. Ex: Ernie Els: Hates when people whistle, be sure to get the Andy Griffin theme stuck in head prior to teeing off. Struggling inside 6 feet, be sure to aggressively fist pump when make anything inside 6ft and look at Ernie as you do it." Something where the average reader could read it and see how one of the best players in the world uses strengths etc.

Do you think Tiger or any big player would pen a book about their experiences with a coach though? I'm sure people would love to read John Daly's time working with Butch Harmon, but even he wouldn't go that far as to have a book written about it etc.

now that is gossip!

Do you think Tiger or any big player would pen a book about their experiences with a coach though? I'm sure people would love to read John Daly's time working with Butch Harmon, but even he wouldn't go that far as to have a book written about it etc.

Maybe. I guess time will tell. My point is that if the book was written, nobody would say a word about "trust being broken".

Wow, WTC Lefty? That is ridiculous.

Maybe. I guess time will tell. My point is that if the book was written, nobody would say a word about "trust being broken".

*raises hand*... If the book was about teaching, much like Haney's was supposed to be about golf it wouldnt be an issue... but taking private convos and telling the world. I dont like that haha. He was complaining about a popsicle for cripes sake!

That movie.. ugh. These women. Woods is an idiot for even thinking that none of this would eventually get out.

I would. Just because I like Tiger doesn't mean if he wrote a book that had the same stuff about Hank that Hank says about him I wouldn't say something. That would be even dumber than him and a great way to piss off even more people. Good for Hank though, he made his money which I'm sure was the overall goal.

*raises hand*... If the book was about teaching, much like Haney's was supposed to be about golf it wouldnt be an issue... but taking private convos and telling the world. I dont like that haha. He was complaining about a popsicle for cripes sake!

IMO that story reads a lot different in the book then in the part that was released. He is talking for pages about Tigers focus and how he can shut everyone else around him off. He used the popsicle story just as a way to show that it happened on and off the course. Is it stupid? Perhaps, but it helps illustrate what he was talking about for the many pages prior to the story.

IMO that story reads a lot different in the book then in the part that was released. He is talking for pages about Tigers focus and how he can shut everyone else around him off. He used the popsicle story just as a way to show that it happened on and off the course. Is it stupid? Perhaps, but it helps illustrate what he was talking about for the many pages prior to the story.

You could justify it how you want but man.... Haney really sounds bitter. :)

You could justify it how you want but man.... Haney really sounds bitter. :)

of course he is, so is Butch which is why he's ok with the book haha

Agreed. The story as a whole makes a lot of sense. The snippets that got out, made it sound completely different.

Back