The One Question Answer Thread

DThacker7

Reaction score
Handicap
This is a thread where if you have a question that just has a few answers, you can post here and ask a question instead of creating a new thread.

Let me start it off. Are there any drivers that are extremely forgiving but still go a decent distance? I'm getting a new driver and I'm trying to find one that I can hit straight most of the time.

Are there any drivers that are extremely forgiving but still go a decent distance? I'm getting a new driver and I'm trying to find one that I can hit straight most of the time.
I say TM R1. Blugold says Nike Covert.

Ping G20. That driver was awesome in both distance and forgiveness IMO.

Callaway RazrFit.

Cleveland CG Black. No doubt about it.

I win.

Is a left to right ball a push, a slice, a fade, a push-slice, a power fade, none o f the above, some of the above, or all of the above?

Bridgestone has balls that work better for players with above or below 105 mph swing. My question is are there drivers available that are designed a slow swing speed and a high swing speed?

Bridgestone has balls that work better for players with above or below 105 mph swing. My question is are there drivers available that are designed a slow swing speed and a high swing speed?

The Cleveland Black is made for slow SS

I know this is way late..maybe not though, but any one of the adjustable nike drivers are fantastic. I have an SQ Machspeed str8 round and it literally took my slice right out, it
it was an unreal difference, used to have a mad spin on my ball and now its straight as an arrow...which in turn converts the distance it used to travel right, into distance it travels straight.

It's made for it though. I'm sure it works through all SSs.

Im not sure thats the case. You could say its marketed for it, but made for it? No more than the Burner Superfast that was 8 grams heavier or the R9 Supertri that shared similar spin and yet both of those would never be confused that way. Its amazing what marketing will do.

Is a left to right ball a push, a slice, a fade, a push-slice, a power fade, none o f the above, some of the above, or all of the above?

Some of the above

In the review it said returns diminished and issues arose(ballooning) past 103mph. Also their "stiff" shaft played well softer than stiff and they didn't offer it with anything stiffer.

I wouldn't call it marketing. I'd say it was built for slower swing speeds.

Razr Fit is an incredibly forgiving driver

In the review it said returns diminished and issues arose(ballooning) past 103mph. Also their "stiff" shaft played well softer than stiff and they didn't offer it with anything stiffer.

I wouldn't call it marketing. I'd say it was built for slower swing speeds.

That is a fitting issue, not a club head issue. And FWIW, there is no standard to "stiff".
David Toms played the regular CG Black and then the Tour Black for a good months stretch. I believe his swing speed is faster than 103.

That is a fitting issue, not a club head issue. And FWIW, there is no standard to "stiff".
David Toms played the regular CG Black and then the Tour Black for a good months stretch. I believe his swing speed is faster than 103.
That CG Tour Black sure is awesome.

Found it at demo day and hit it...again.

Nike Covert for long and forgiving. However, my current gamer is better than anything out there IMO. And it's 5 years old.

Back