The One Question Answer Thread

I can't think of a wedge specific shaft but it will work to take a KBS Tour 90 PW shaft and trim it to length.

THPing on Tapatalk

Why not get the Tour 90 wedge flex shaft? I have them in my wedges.

Why not get the Tour 90 wedge flex shaft? I have them in my wedges.

I wasn't aware there was a wedge specific Tour 90. That would certainly work.

THPing on Tapatalk

Would placing the ball more forward or back in your stance help eliminate hooks?

Not a swing guru, but it would stand to reason that with a "conventional" swing placing it further back would help with the hook since the blade would still be slightly open, but this is highly dependent on a whole lot of other things. I would say trial and error would confirm it for you though.

Do any of you guys have any ideas on why by long irons go just as far as my mid irons? Being around the 175 range SUCKS for me because none if my irons go far enough but all of my woods go too far.

Do any of you guys have any ideas on why by long irons go just as far as my mid irons? Being around the 175 range SUCKS for me because none if my irons go far enough but all of my woods go too far.

(No offense) but you're probably not making good contact with the long irons. I don't play an iron longer than the 5i cause I don't make good enough contact so the 4i goes the same distance as the 5i

THPing on Tapatalk

(No offense) but you're probably not making good contact with the long irons. I don't play an iron longer than the 5i cause I don't make good enough contact so the 4i goes the same distance as the 5i

THPing on Tapatalk

Yep, anything under a 6I and it's 50/50 for me whether it will go long or look like I was laying up on purpose.

Would placing the ball more forward or back in your stance help eliminate hooks?

I'm a beginner so take this with a grain of salt. For me, anytime I mess with ball position it completely messes up my natural swing arc. I've gotten really good results in changing my push, slice, or hook by adjusting my grip. It took me a lot of trial and error but now I'm hitting a nice draw. I was hooking terribly when my grip was only half a knuckle stronger than I have it now.

This is a thread where if you have a question that just has a few answers, you can post here and ask a question instead of creating a new thread.

Let me start it off. Are there any drivers that are extremely forgiving but still go a decent distance? I'm getting a new driver and I'm trying to find one that I can hit straight most of the time.

Since getting it last year,used from Amazon, I have become quite fond of my TM '08 Burner. Very forgiving and definitely longer than my old driver. 59 bucks, used, like new.

what are thanks.

Hit the thanks next to my post, if you appreciate it (which I think you will, because I'm awesome). I post for thanks.

Seriously, just a way to let someone know you appreciate that post with ought having to make a seperate post saying "thanks"

I'm getting a new driver and at the moment I'm trying to decide between two. Ping G25 and Ping Anser. I'm looking for a driver that will be extremely forgiving and still go a decent distance.

Which shoes is Phil Mickelson wearing?

What are good back spin numbers with a driver?

In your guys' opinion, what's the best regular blade putter that retails at about $200 or under?

I'm not a golf pro, but if your swing path is straight or inside/out ( hook ) or if your pulling/pull hook ( over the top swing ) - ball back will get more right to left spin, ball forward will get more left to right spin. So, back is left, forward is right, think of the club coming down from the inside it's putting right left spin, if the ball is placed forward of center the club is outside your path and spinning ball left to right. Thats why some slice too much, ball is too far forward.

Is there any performance difference between taper and non tapered shaft's?

I went into Golf Town tonight to set up an appointment to have my irons and wedges check for lie angle and bent if needed. The sales guy said they wont touch a Ping club because they use a different method and have to be sent back to Ping for the service.

It seemed odd. Has anyone else had this happen to them on Ping irons?

Way to kick up an old thread ;)

I've had this happen to me too. But I've been told that it has to do with the hardness of the materials and them not wanting to break it. I've seen PING clubs being bent and they definitely needed quite a bit more force to budge. If you're not confident in your tools or what will happen, I get that you won't do it.
On the other hand: a PING fitter should be able to help.

Interesting. With that little notch thing on the hosel I would have thought they are easier to bend. I'll call around and see what can be done. I don't want to be without my clubs for 3 weeks at the start of the season.

Interesting. With that little notch thing on the hosel I would have thought they are easier to bend. I'll call around and see what can be done. I don't want to be without my clubs for 3 weeks at the start of the season.

The problem I see with the notch is that I'd think it makes the stress on the club distributed unevenly compared to one without it and actually more prone to breaking at those points

The problem I see with the notch is that I'd think it makes the stress on the club distributed unevenly compared to one without it and actually more prone to breaking at those points

I have no idea. I'm going to contact Ericsons Golf I think he will be able to do it without any issue.

The One Question Answer Thread

I have no idea. I'm going to contact Ericsons Golf I think he will be able to do it without any issue.

From my understanding, ping just doesn't let them do it. I think it might have something to do with their color code in a way. I had some blue dot irons, and after they adjusted them they also painted the dot black.

From my understanding, ping just doesn't let them do it. I think it might have something to do with their color code in a way. I had some blue dot irons, and after they adjusted them they also painted the dot black.

Well that's no good I like the paint fill I put on them. haha

Back