The Putting Challenge

Rolled some putts on the PuttOut last night - the only taste of golf I'll get for a bit with snow on the ground! - and continue to just love what I'm seeing. It's crazy that I'll think I made a bad stroke that in my previous putting method would have missed the trainer, and I'll look up and it still stays pretty close to online, enough to go in most of the time. This method really does eliminate so many variables. Can't wait to get out on the greens again with it.

I’ve really got to find a better place to put my putting mat that produces straight putts. I am starting to think that might be part of what’s wrong with my putting stroke.

Struggled a bit on the sim yesterday with speed again - but the greens have some serious buried elephants in them at this course and it's really hard to visualize putting speed on a sim already. Not putting too much stock in it, as I've continued to feel really comfortable over this putter. Sim league tomorrow and I'm going to try to do a little more visualizing of the "real life" putt... Easier said than done, I know, but we'll see!

Sent some additional videos off for review. Still a bit shaky in the swing but hoping it's a quick setup fix.

Played at the sim today. Drained a 49' and a 38'. Doesn't say a lot for my approach shots but it speaks volumes about the Lean Lock for long putting. Still had 8' gimmes, but the days are getting longer. Cant wait to get this bad boy on a real course and watch my old nemesis, the short putt start dropping....

Sorry for the lateness of this update - a business trip and skiing this weekend put me out of the loop for a bit.

Had another sim round on Monday and the speed was much better. Made a couple longer putts and gave myself a lot of gimmes from long range. I got back to focusing on some landmark points for the takeaway and that really helped me control the speed. I'm getting slightly pushy on the line which is concerning. Still need to get a new video to Brian for additional feedback, which I hope to do this week.

Got updated videos sent over for review with some tips back and have been practicing in the basement setup waiting for the ice and snow to go away. Hoping to get it out on the course again and get some real on the course testing going again.

After 9 straight days of 16 hours shifts, (such is the life of a road worker in the winter) I got to the Sim Saturday and Sunday. Putted great with the Lean Lock. All of my lags were within a couple feet, very happy even though I didn't make any bombs. I am more than ready for spring!

Sorry I haven't posted lately, between work and weather and holiday travels I haven't been on a golf course since Dec 22. It's killing me. We are supposed to get 7 inches of rain this week so it'll probably be a while longer before I get out again. :(

Just had another sim round and my speed was very good yet again, but I'm a little out of sorts on line with the longer putts. I seem to be pulling it habitually for some reason. Not a lot - they're very serviceable putts and leaving me easy short ones (which are gimmes in the sim) - but I feel like a few of them would drop if I'd keep the line a little better on those.

Short putts on the mat are just money still, though I haven't played real greens in a bit I still feel very confident in that range. I need to get another video to Brian to help diagnose it.

I'm so mad at myself. I took my putter into my office at work to try to practice with it. I actually think I figured out a few things and was looking forward to trying them on the course. Then of course I forgot to put it back in my car when I left on Friday night. :( I"m an idiot. Sorry guys, you all deserve better. Hopefully I can get in a 9 hole round after work at least once this week before it starts raining again.

I'm so mad at myself. I took my putter into my office at work to try to practice with it. I actually think I figured out a few things and was looking forward to trying them on the course. Then of course I forgot to put it back in my car when I left on Friday night. :( I"m an idiot. Sorry guys, you all deserve better. Hopefully I can get in a 9 hole round after work at least once this week before it starts raining again.
I’m always afraid of doing this so I never take my gamer to the office. I keep two old putters there but afraid I’d forget my gamer over the weekend. Sorry to hear this!

Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons

No worries dude, we all have them doofus moments sometimes!! For example, any time I have a driver in my hand lately :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sent these videos to Brian today for a little diagnosis. I am generally putting decent, but a little over prevalence of the left miss is worrying me, so I'm guessing something has drifted. Will let you guys know what he says, but here are the vids for your viewing "pleasure"...cameo by one of my cats in one of them :ROFLMAO:

More sim putting. Lean lock is making even 50' lags an easy 2 putt. Need to get this bad boy outside.

Played 9 holes on Friday and find that I still struggle with those 4-6 ft putts. It feels like I"m turning the club face and missing the short putts to the left fairly consistently. I'm not really sure where that's coming from. I also really struggle with distance control on long lag putts of 40-50 ft. It's just really hard for me to get those all the way to the hole, but I have that problem with regular putters from that distance also. I do feel like I make more putts in the 6-15 ft range than I do with a regular putter (though I did 3 putt from 6 feet on Friday :cry: )

I don't know if I should mention this at this point, but I goofed around in the office with the LeanLock last week holding it like a hockey stick and saw some really interesting results on 4-6 ft putts. I won't even try that on the course until I've got a few more rounds in to review this putter and method for you guys fairly.

Played 9 holes on Friday and find that I still struggle with those 4-6 ft putts. It feels like I"m turning the club face and missing the short putts to the left fairly consistently. I'm not really sure where that's coming from. I also really struggle with distance control on long lag putts of 40-50 ft. It's just really hard for me to get those all the way to the hole, but I have that problem with regular putters from that distance also. I do feel like I make more putts in the 6-15 ft range than I do with a regular putter (though I did 3 putt from 6 feet on Friday :cry: )

I don't know if I should mention this at this point, but I goofed around in the office with the LeanLock last week holding it like a hockey stick and saw some really interesting results on 4-6 ft putts. I won't even try that on the course until I've got a few more rounds in to review this putter and method for you guys fairly.
I find when I am doing best with this putter I feel like I am just rolling the ball on the line with my right hand.

Brian got back to me and said I was leaning back too much and that I should be keeping the spine angle fairly vertical but just pushing the right shoulder down slightly. Tried to put that into effect in my round Sunday and had limited success. My speed was kinda off, and I kept having these 6-8 footers, and kept missing them just barely. I definitely have a little more work to do on correcting this issue, as I feel like that round was a bit of a step back putting wise. Feel like I'm equipped to make an improvement though with Brian's feedback once I return from this ski trip.

Still practicing in the basement to get the ball rolling end over end. Based on the feedback from Brian I am right there, but I can't consistently do it. However, with that said the comfort with the putter and confidence remains high. Hoping to get out soon with warmer weather around the corner.

Made it out today and after a few adjustments putting in the office the last few weeks I had a much better putting round than I think I've had in a very long time. Only 31 putts today which is great for me. This is the first time that I haven't had a 3 putt and it's the first time I haven't missed a 4ft or shorter putt. While I still didn't hit any of those 6-9 foot putts that are so key to scoring, I did make a few in the 10-20ft range. Distance control was a bit of a struggle all of those 6-9 ft putts that I missed I hit 2-3 ft past the hole, but I guess that's probably better than leaving them 6in short like I usually do. I feel like I made good putts just either misread the break or wasn't lined up quite where I though I was. I don't feel like I really pushed or pulled any putts all that badly. The Lean Lock method as a whole is finally starting to feel almost comfortable. Still just a tad awkward but so much better than it was at first.

1707354481329.png
(yes driver killed me today :mad:

1707354451326.png

Made it out today and after a few adjustments putting in the office the last few weeks I had a much better putting round than I think I've had in a very long time. Only 31 putts today which is great for me. This is the first time that I haven't had a 3 putt and it's the first time I haven't missed a 4ft or shorter putt. While I still didn't hit any of those 6-9 foot putts that are so key to scoring, I did make a few in the 10-20ft range. Distance control was a bit of a struggle all of those 6-9 ft putts that I missed I hit 2-3 ft past the hole, but I guess that's probably better than leaving them 6in short like I usually do. I feel like I made good putts just either misread the break or wasn't lined up quite where I though I was. I don't feel like I really pushed or pulled any putts all that badly. The Lean Lock method as a whole is finally starting to feel almost comfortable. Still just a tad awkward but so much better than it was at first.

View attachment 9241157
(yes driver killed me today :mad:

View attachment 9241156
Happy to see you are having success with the Lean Lock. So much fun playing when your putting good.

Another round today but I forgot to take my shotscope watch off the charger when I left the house so I didn't get any data. 34 putts today with 3 3putt holes in the first 5. All 3 the result of blowing the first putt 6ft past. I adjusted after that but didn't really make anything. Today was the kind of day that my made feet of putts might have been something like 28ft. I don't think I made anything at all outside 2 ft today. Everything that felt so right yesterday didn't feel right today. Didn't feel like I was lined up or aimed correctly all day and it showed with the number of 6-8 ft putts I failed to make after pretty good short game shots (I only hit 22% GIR today)

Never expected it this early, but we have our first outdoor round of the year booked tomorrow. Not a bad course ( Golden Hawk, Casco MI). Not home, but the greens are usually rolling smoothly, not that I'm expecting great greens in MI in February. LOL Cant wait to play a real round with this putter!

Putted very well today given the conditions, cold, windy, wet. Lags were paced very well, my green reading not so good. Short putts, my usual nemesis were right on line. If only I was better at picking the line...... I went from reading too much break to not reading enough as the wind dried things out.......

Had another 9 today. Again didn’t make anything longer than 2-3 ft. I’m not sure what has me so flabbergasted by those 4-8ft putts but I just absolutely cannot make them and I don’t know why. The stroke with the Lean Loxk has started to feel less odd. I won’t say instinctive but I don’t feel like I’m fighting it anymore either. Had 2 3putt holes but both were the result of me not taking my time and reading and concentrating over a 3footer.

Back