Stuck in kind of a rut. Can’t seem to break out.
You'll get there. I always try and remember one of the videos where Sasho says something along the lines of "progress will not be linear" It will just appear out of the blue one day soon for you, I going to predict a nice little jump all of a sudden for you (y)

Session 15 today of Neural Drive. I was tired from a long day yesterday, window opened at 4pm, I thought about leaving it until tomorrow then remembered weather is not meant to be nice tomorrow afternoon and then we're out for a concert in the evening, so today it was.

Suprised myself with a couple of PBs, swings and set for 75g, broke the 75g swing 3 times in a row. Then had a set PB for 240g. I guess I was just more consistent at a slightly higher speed to get that.

I still don't know what that number in the top left of the yellow pop up box means and I never got an answer on Twitter/X from them.
Neural Drive Session_15.jpgNeural Drive Session_15_PB_ 240g_SET.jpg
Neural Drive Session_15_PB_ 75g.jpgNeural Drive Session_15_PB_ 75g_SET.jpg

Only did one session last week. Only one since the Goat Cup. Getting back into it this week. 15 min flex. Have to get a few mph back.

IMG_4564.png
IMG_4565.png

You'll get there. I always try and remember one of the videos where Sasho says something along the lines of "progress will not be linear" It will just appear out of the blue one day soon for you, I going to predict a nice little jump all of a sudden for you (y)

Progress is definitely not a straight line. Personally I went down in speed in my last program, but I have been focusing on building a better swing. I have no doubts if I put in the work I will gain back the speed back. Might take a while, and there will be moments of real frustration.... but we'll get there. If you give up... well no chance to get there.

Going along with the “success is not a linear progression” theme here - session 1 of the 3rd program is in the books for me. In a bit of a valley, but tonight didn’t feel like work. Keep it up fellas 👊
IMG_9485.png

Going along with the “success is not a linear progression” theme here - session 1 of the 3rd program is in the books for me. In a bit of a valley, but tonight didn’t feel like work. Keep it up fellas 👊
Still putting up some nice numbers again. I've noticed getting into that same valley

I took a bunch of data points a few weeks apart in each program so far and it really shows it, albeit a little smoothed out rather than the numbers every 2 days or so, those really are up and down!. Next session for me tomorrow, opened today but was beat from a long day and late night yesterday at a concert. I'm too old for Monday nights out! :ROFLMAO:
Screen Shot 2024-03-26 at 10.03.10 PM.png

After finishing borgmeier (which is WILDLY different than any other program I have done) I slowed down a little bit on workouts, both lifting and speed training. Think I was pushing a little too hard, my sleep was bad and I felt exhausted with lots of minor injuries and my overal clubhead speed was way down. Restarted Full speed spectrum and retarting a new lifting program and feeling better. Yesterday set new PBs in 255 (2 of them) and 280 and step 60g (to be fair was the first time doing it this program) but stayed the same on 195g. That is OK, swing feels like it is in a good place so will keep grinding away.

Session 16 in the bag. I felt better than the numbers showed in the end. The heavens opened in the middle of set 3 so I was ducking in and out under the gazebo between my swings. Onwards and upwards... at some point
Neural Drive Session_16.jpg

IMG_4584.png

Tired day. Knew it would be slow but #grit… better than Monday I guess.

Finished my 24th and last session in the second go around with the Full Speed Spectrum program.

Curious to see what program is recommended next.

Here’s today’s workout results:
IMG_0643.png

Another good session today, set new set bests in 255g and 280g, and was up 2 mph on 195g.

Keep the grind up baby!

IMG_9495.png
Bit of a letdown this evening, I am definitely feeling like I’ve lost a step, but we’ll get some R&R and come back better.

Bit of a letdown this evening, I am definitely feeling like I’ve lost a step, but we’ll get some R&R and come back better.
You seem to be experiencing the exact same as me with this specific program. As you've said before, trust the process, it will come (I think I'm still waiting some days)
For reference, my full trend below from my driver air swings on this program, more dips than a roller coaster! (shoots up at the end as I "Zeroed' all the numbers at 120mph)
Screen Shot 2024-03-28 at 9.49.46 PM.png

For people who are experiencing plateaus not just in this but also in other athletic trainings, I would advise taking a look at the conditions you are training in. Are you getting warmed up enough before you start? are you getting enough rest before training, during training? Lots of other things to consider, but for me at one point my results were really stagnant. I was not taking full rest between sets, decided to start taking full rest between sets. Speed went up. Not saying there is a magic bullet, but sometimes some small tweaks can change things enough to spark something.

Session 17 of Neural Drive done today one left in this phase, due on Sunday.
A couple of swing PBs but nothing major, just 1mph increases but I'll take what I can get, especially the 95g one as that was on the 2nd max set. Overall a reasonable day.
Playing tomorrow morning for my now usual social league match. Weather is meant to decent, looking forward to it.

Curious, do any of you guys look at your speed percentiles and take any sort of notice of them? Or is it just another bunch of numbers on the screen?

Neural Drive Session_17.jpgNeural Drive Session_17_PB_ 280g.jpgNeural Drive Session_17_PB_ 95g.jpg

Session 17 of Neural Drive done today one left in this phase, due on Sunday.
A couple of swing PBs but nothing major, just 1mph increases but I'll take what I can get, especially the 95g one as that was on the 2nd max set. Overall a reasonable day.
Playing tomorrow morning for my now usual social league match. Weather is meant to decent, looking forward to it.

Curious, do any of you guys look at your speed percentiles and take any sort of notice of them? Or is it just another bunch of numbers on the screen?

View attachment 9252624View attachment 9252626View attachment 9252627

I don’t look at the percentiles. The only person I care about being faster than is me from yesterday.

Finished Flex program yesterday. Didn’t think it would have an impact nd, but it does and I’ll do a progress check next. Only faster on one.

IMG_4587.png

IMG_0648.pngDid my Progress check after golf today because I’m going to be out of town for a week. Was slower than I’ve been recently and was slower than the start of the full Speed Spectrum program I just finished.

It was recommended that I do another round of full speed spectrum, but didn’t want to do a third round of it so I selected Neural Overdrive instead as my next program.

IMG_9508.png
Pretty steady results from yesterday. My actual swing is feeling pretty athletic these days, and I’ll take those intangibles as a positive.

View attachment 9252908
Pretty steady results from yesterday. My actual swing is feeling pretty athletic these days, and I’ll take those intangibles as a positive.
I'm still amazed how different the same program name for each person really is actually different for each person depending on their results. The difference in this program really is the AI/Software. Looking at your numbers for session 3 weights vs mine and sets 2 and 4 are totally different to mine (195/160/195/100) Aside from the actual results we're all seeing in one way or the other, we all seem to be seeing gains one way or the other.

Anecdotally played yesterday and there is a hole where I would normally lay up to some water with Driver, yesterday I hit 3W for the same shot. Definitely seeing a difference on course these days.

Separate question for people. What sort of surface are you guys training on? I'm training in the back yard on a bit of fake grass that I lay down on the lawn but I am slowly destroying the lawn still. We're thinking of expanding a concrete patio and I'm wondering if I should add a few extra feet to that and just put the grass mat on that and it will still be okay? I guess it's the same as swinging at a range with mats?

Separate question for people. What sort of surface are you guys training on? I'm training in the back yard on a bit of fake grass that I lay down on the lawn but I am slowly destroying the lawn still. We're thinking of expanding a concrete patio and I'm wondering if I should add a few extra feet to that and just put the grass mat on that and it will still be okay? I guess it's the same as swinging at a range with mats?

I usually do it at the gym on some astroturf sort of surface, or at the range on grass occassionally.

I'm still amazed how different the same program name for each person really is actually different for each person depending on their results. The difference in this program really is the AI/Software. Looking at your numbers for session 3 weights vs mine and sets 2 and 4 are totally different to mine (195/160/195/100) Aside from the actual results we're all seeing in one way or the other, we all seem to be seeing gains one way or the other.

Anecdotally played yesterday and there is a hole where I would normally lay up to some water with Driver, yesterday I hit 3W for the same shot. Definitely seeing a difference on course these days.

Sim hitting mat.

Finished my Flex sessions. Started first Foundation at 92 to 95. 95 to 96 in FSS after that. 96-97 in Flex. Going to try Cruiser next and see if that one is any different to Flex.

IMG_4601.png

Finished my Flex sessions. Started first Foundation at 92 to 95. 95 to 96 in FSS after that. 96-97 in Flex. Going to try Cruiser next and see if that one is any different to Flex.
Cruiser is pretty much the same as flex from the look of it. Just more aimed a people with limited time and wanting to maintain what they have.
I'll likely be going on that for a few weeks after I finish this as I have a four day golf trip at the end of the month and I don't want to be in the middle of a full on program during it.

A really off day today training wise for the program, no idea why, feel fine, plenty of energy but nothing clicked. My 5 swings at the end were okay though, weirdly enough. Maybe I'm just out of sorts for the day. Phase 3 complete.

Neural Drive Session_18.jpg

Back