The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a few so so range sessions, but the one today during my lesson was the best yet. The flight of the ball was really good, and distance seemed to be more consistent. The slice is now a fade, and i might be able to keep it in play now. I feel like I am transitioning from "just trying to hit it decent", to "trying to hit it somewhere specific". I am also feeling like the left foot is more under control, and so is my head movement. Planning on playing 18 Tuesday, so looking forward to that.

5 hours at the range and around the putting green complete. Chats with my pro about generating more power coming from the belt and it's something I'll be working on a lot over the next couple weeks.

So much chipping it's not even funny. Mostly on the tighter lies that you'd see on the apron or in front with a short pin.

Feeling good. Accomplished.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So many chips hit today, 200 maybe?! 4 hours at the range and my arms are feeling it. Worked on full swing to begin with, 7i only. Used 2 alignment rods to help visualize an in to out swing path. Over to the bunker next and worked on taking a full swing vs the half swing/short follow through that wasn't working. Chipping games where I got my butt handed to me by Canadan. Even with my efforts to block his path he still dropped more chips than I did. Putting game to finish up. Positive feelings about my game right now!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Good day of practice today. Love seeing all the albatross work!

So many chips hit today, 200 maybe?! 4 hours at the range and my arms are feeling it. Worked on full swing to begin with, 7i only. Used 2 alignment rods to help visualize an in to out swing path. Over to the bunker next and worked on taking a full swing vs the half swing/short follow through that wasn't working. Chipping games where I got my butt handed to me by Canadan. Even with my efforts to block his path he still dropped more chips than I did. Putting game to finish up. Positive feelings about my game right now!

You WILL continue to improve. Expect it.

..I am very excited for you and the game of golf you're going to be playing at the end of this season my friend

Somewhere along the way this year I have developed a swing flaw. I am leaving the face open at impact. Position at the top, face is square. So my transition to the downswing through impact is flawed. Irons no but woods. Seems to creep in with longer clubs. Video analysis at golftec shows I am steep with the woods. Trying to point the butt of the club somewhere around the ball at the top and following that imaginary line seems to help. Range, range and more range this week!

Man I love looking through this thread and seeing so much Albatross in here! Looks like theres some seriously hard work being put in. No shortage of work here either, just havent had as much time to post about it the last few days with work and lack of sleep. Spent a good 45 mins today working on my take away in the house with a little carpet putting. Looking forward to a little break from the part time job this next week coming up to get a lot of range time and some league play!

Just had a very positive range session where I believe I fixed my issue with the driver. Tempo and weight transfer. Addressing that corrected the dreaded "S" word.

After that I worked on wedge play between 90 - 120 yards. Trying to eliminate the deep divot and increase my angle of attack. I've felt I'm coming in way to steep and hitting the ball high on club face.

Passing up a perfect day to play golf to go up and take a lesson. Want to continue and build up muscle memory working on hip turn and staying consistent.

Rain in the forecast for the 6th straight day here. Yuck, but that doesn't mean it's going to be unproductive. Going to try to snag a covered bay to hit a large bucket and then come back home and work on drills with the net. No time to take a day off just because of weather!

Got in a session this morning got some good work in with everything but driver had some struggles with it, hoping it was just being tired as I hit it at the end of the ranges session

Chipping and putting practice today!
Just putted for an hour, and chipped for close to 1/2 hr.

Putting practice for me today. Working on technique and placement.
Been rolling the ball really well recently and want to emphasize capatilizing on chances I get.

Putting practice for me today. Working on technique and placement.
Been rolling the ball really well recently and want to emphasize capatilizing on chances I get.

By technique you mean finger down the shaft? Lol.

I am looking forward to some fast florida greens..hate slow ones which is all we have this year so far.

By technique you mean finger down the shaft? Lol.

I am looking forward to some fast florida greens..hate slow ones which is all we have this year so far.

Hopefully they are fast. Its off season now, so you never know how fast they are. But OCN should be rolling pretty well.

Hopefully they are fast. Its off season now, so you never know how fast they are. But OCN should be rolling pretty well.

Yeah if not I think I'll be ok as I've been rolling it well on the slower greens. Really working on a smooth tempo. Alignment work is next.

Fixing to head to the range, some glaring issues have cropped up in the past week and a half since I effed my back up and its time to get the video going and really see whats going on.

Feel like I'm laying off up top and also I've started getting a little flippy. I think the flip is in large part due to me hanging back a bit and my head is also drifting some at setup. This feels like its starting to get me to fall back into the same old traps, but I knew I couldn't correct it on the course the last couple of days.

I think this will really be a range and short game week, going to re-read JB's short game thread tonight as I need some help here in a large way to find some consistency and direction, I'm struggling being comfortable at any time in the short game. Some renewed direction is needed there.

I'm not at all upset by any of it, it happens, only way to fix it and get it all in check is to work at it and practicing with a purpose does just that for me. Also scheduled another lesson for Thursday, so we will see how it all goes in the lead-up to that as well.

My afternoon is going to be spent apartment hunting and range time. Fortunately both are right down the street from each other - hence my interest in the apartment complex. Heading over to Eagle Creek area and after I get some range time in - might get 9 holes in. Either way, I am excited to get out there!

Finished up a nice little range session today. Focused on tempo and keeping my swing short. Very good contact, more better than not.

I also worked on my shorter clubs. About half of the balls were spent between my 58 and 54. I only hit about 10 balls with woods. That's hard to do for me.

The mornings are starting to get earlier. My plan is to start working on short game practice only before work at least twice during the week. This should get me in the right game for July.

Finished up a nice little range session today. Focused on tempo and keeping my swing short. Very good contact, more better than not.

I also worked on my shorter clubs. About half of the balls were spent between my 58 and 54. I only hit about 10 balls with woods. That's hard to do for me.

The mornings are starting to get earlier. My plan is to start working on short game practice only before work at least twice during the week. This should get me in the right game for July.

You should just jump in the car and ride on over to Lane Creek. We need a 4th.

You should just jump in the car and ride on over to Lane Creek. We need a 4th.

That will be fun. But, my daughter has soccer on Sunday afternoons. That's usually the one time it doesn't work for me.

Have fun though.

Got a good look at where I am overall today. Putting is a work in progress and the small changes my coach has me making, still need some work as I was not very comfortable with my putting today. Chipping was better than expected. My irons and tee game are actually in mid-season form which is something was not expecting. It will let me continue to focus on the short game which is huge.

I was able to sneak in about an hour at the range...until the club employees literally walked in front of me to pick up the range balls. I guess it was there way of saying the range is closed. Anyway, I worked on my full swing more today. I make an alley with 2 alignment rods to the right of my target. This helps.me visualize what my swing path should be. I take the club back "low" which keeps the club inside my hands and helps prevent the over the top move. I saw some really nice shots tonight and even a few draws! Worked on 7i and 8i. I took the last few balls to the practice green and chipped a bit before heading home.

I'm working hard on my swing, or at least it feels that way to me lol. The final piece is getting my hands in the right position at impact
ypu5yte8.jpg

It's getting better! But still need to keep working the drills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back