The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good to me, Kevin. Are you just looking for just a little more lag?

Looks good to me, Kevin. Are you just looking for just a little more lag?
My hands are open, the back of my left hand needs to be pointed at the target line and less cupped. It's a little flippy, so I'm not getting my arms extended through the ball like I should....

Not sure but it looks like that shaft is working hard lol.

Haha

Yeah, I've even having similar issues with flipping and it's been robbing me of distance. Been working on driving the back of the left hand towards the ground right in front of the ball

Man-oh-man. I can get a great feeling at home on a practice swing, but then I go to the range and lose it.

Had a fairly decent session today, I had forgotten that the muni just down the street from my in-laws has a range in addition to a short game area. I dropped the family off with them for the weekly Sunday afternoon visit, and drove the 3 minutes to the course. I had the entire practice facility to myself, which was awesome for my concentration. My irons were mostly OK, I kept getting a bit quick with my tempo which gave me heavy fades, instead of the 5-7 yard curve I'm used to. Hybrids again gave me a few fits, but nearly everything would have been playable (well, if you can call a 20 yard topped shot "playable"). Driver was spot on, probably the best driving I've ever done on the range. Hopefully I can take those straight shots to the course.

When I moved over to the short game area, I goofed and started chipping onto the putting green. After a few minutes I saw the giant sign that said PUTTING GREEN ONLY NO CHIPPING and I sheepishly moved my bag :) Chipping was... so-so. I found a decent rhythm with my PW and my 9i for bump and runs, although the chipping green here was REALLY slanted, so it makes you think about rollout if you're chipping downhill. I definitely need more work there. I think I definitely need to leave the 54* wedge alone for now when I'm 10-15 yards off the green.

Haha

Yeah, I've even having similar issues with flipping and it's been robbing me of distance. Been working on driving the back of the left hand towards the ground right in front of the ball

This is pretty much my only downswing thought. It's worked really well for me with irons.

I went to the range for a bit today. I feel like my swing is all over the place. Been fighting a pull and my swing feels kind of loopy right now. If I tell myself to hit a little cut it goes straight or baby fade. I'm making solid contact and I'm moving it out there, but not as consistent as I would like.

Hit the range and short game area with my son yesterday for a couple hours. Played today and then worked with a weighted club and hit some balls tonight.

y8umuqa3.jpg

Here's the beast lol.

Here ya go Hawk. My make shift lie angle tool.

3ydyryqa.jpg

I use this to make sure I'm getting to the right position. I should be able to pop balloons if I'm doing it properly.

Freddie's suggestion and I walked around the basement until I figured out something that would work. Really helped my tempo and driving through the ball. Wish I could swing it on every tee box.

Here ya go Hawk. My make shift lie angle tool.

3ydyryqa.jpg

I use this to make sure I'm getting to the right position. I should be able to pop balloons if I'm doing it properly.

That's pretty sweet. Helps alignment I'm sure?

I'm working hard on my swing, or at least it feels that way to me lol. The final piece is getting my hands in the right position at impact
ypu5yte8.jpg

It's getting better! But still need to keep working the drills.

I'm liking that a lot Kevin. Keep it up.

Heading to the range today after work. Gonna start with the drills from my last lesson focusing on a shortened swing and getting through impact and chest towards target.

Then I will head over to the putting green for some work with the shortened X2 that I was fit into by Pat O'Brien.

Nice Cookie. I was playing around with my X2 the other day. I forgot how nice that insert was.

Nice Cookie. I was playing around with my X2 the other day. I forgot how nice that insert was.

Funny you mention the insert as I learned it changed recently. I'll take that to the SeeMore thread in the near future.

Had a great practice session last night at the range. I was worried that after a about a week and a half of not swinging/playing that I would be in for a bit of a rusty start getting back into the flow of things but that ended up not being the case.

I worked on irons to begin the night, really focusing on an in to out path and the move finally seems to be sinking in and becoming engrained nicely. When I first started the motion, it felt like everything was going to go out to right field, but it really wasn't the case. I was getting nice high and straight balls that I've come to love with my DPC/PXi pairing. I also felt like I was hitting the center of the face a bit better and not missing as far out on the toe as I normally do.

I then moved on to driver, as that had been a bit out of whack the last time that I had been out. I was pulling shots really bad, and I felt that I was reverting back to the out to in swing path a bit. So I used that same feeling with the woods that I was using with the irons, really feeling like I was pushing it out to the right when I was swinging. I was hitting the ball much better, albeit still a bit of a fade. Need to work on getting the face a bit more square at impact and not as open and I believe that will begin to correct itself.

I've also come to realize that I launch my J40 a bit too low. The ball flight is definitely mid, but I am probably only getting 230 of carry when I could be getting a lot more with a bit of carry. So I am excited to see what my Performance Center Fitting on Thursday involves and I am going to talk with my fitter about this and see what kind of Bertha combo we can come up with to help maximize launch and carry.

im feeling pretty lost right now after shooting in the 70's a hand full of times the end of last year to shooting in the 90's this year most times i have been out so far.

this winter layoff has really done a number on me i have no idea where to start.

Itinerary for this week will be busy.

Tomorrow the Cleveland Scoring Clinic to demo some gear.
Probably Thursday a range session where I may do some live monitor testing of the W/S gear for a little fun.
Nightly work with the weighted club and impact bag.
At least one session focused soley on putting and short game.
Going to spend a little extra time practicing with the driver b/c I'm seeing about 50% of my tee balls turning out good and the others in varying ranges of bad.

Itinerary for this week will be busy.

Tomorrow the Cleveland Scoring Clinic to demo some gear.
Probably Thursday a range session where I may do some live monitor testing of the W/S gear for a little fun.
Nightly work with the weighted club and impact bag.
At least one session focused soley on putting and short game.
Going to spend a little extra time practicing with the driver b/c I'm seeing about 50% of my tee balls turning out good and the others in varying ranges of bad.

Nice week planned out dude. Mine is similar. I MUST get some short iron and wedge work in. Iron game was pathetic this weekend. Putting feels good at the moment. I also need to smooth out my transition. My timing is really out of whack right now.

Nice week planned out dude. Mine is similar. I MUST get some short iron and wedge work in. Iron game was pathetic this weekend. Putting feels good at the moment. I also need to smooth out my transition. My timing is really out of whack right now.

I've developed a little push with my 60-100 yard wedge shots that is a bit troublesome. Open face not only leaves the ball out to the right, but also shorter distance b/c of the added loft. I suppose that needs to go on the list too lol.

I've developed a little push with my 60-100 yard wedge shots that is a bit troublesome. Open face not only leaves the ball out to the right, but also shorter distance b/c of the added loft. I suppose that needs to go on the list too lol.

This is what has been killing me as of late, totally out of the blue and now its made its way up to other scoring irons.

Had inside of 120 on 3 of the first 4 holes and missed right on all 3, 1 of which landed on the green. I was ticked.

Timing was way off for me on Saturday. Quite embarrassed with how I hit the ball TBH. Hit it well on the range before and just never translated to the course. My lesson got rained out last week, hopefully I can get one in for when I get back from California. Did do some experimenting going back to a 56/60 wedge setup for my last 2 rounds. I think I will stick with the 54/58.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back