The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I love people planning their arrivals and stuff. I so need to the get in, since I've got the most awesome plan getting to Myrtle. It involves a couple of high end courses, a convertible, a lot of miles, and maybe even Bethpage Black course.

How do you figure? No renovations occurring that I'm aware of.

More with yourself than physical course conditions. I know this will be your 3rd time to return there but I would guess there will be parts of a hole you get to that you will forget about till you see them again; breaks in the greens or parts of the green you don't want to be on, but remember again when you see it. Things like that. But then again, you are a past champion so wasting time with practice rounds just might not be needed on your end.

Friday, July 25th – Sunday 27th 2014.
Best dates on my calendar
I took the whole week off. Mrs. Mojo and daughter have expressed an interest in pitching in and helping. We are making a family trip out of it but they said that this is my time and they will entertain themselves once MC starts if i want to hang with my team etc.

I am a very lucky man and will repay the gesture to them.

JM
this is great to hear

Still trying to figure out if it will be a whole week thing or just come in a couple days early. Do most of you all come in early and play most of the week??

KG

Just Tapping Away

I'm planning to fly out Tuesday and fly home Monday. That may get pushed to Wednesday to fly out, but I'm hoping to have an extra day for jet lag and to maybe get a round in Wednesday and probably 9 holes and range time Thursday. Depends on the wife & family.

I'm planning on flying in Wednesday (tickets I'm looking at get me in just after noon), and playing a round Wednesday and Thursday before all the real excitement starts on Friday. Then I plan to come back on Monday.

I'd say most folks came in Wednesday or Thursday and left monday. That's the majority.

I'm pretty sure I'll be over there for most of the week. I will be so antsy to get there that I won't be able to wait.

So far my plan is to drive down and get in on either Tuesday night or Wednesday night. Leaving on Monday or tuesday.

I'll be putting our a google doc so we can populate our arrivals. It will help me with villas as well. I'll send our a pm once all teams are set

No clue when I'll come in, the benefit is its my summer vacation so I can theoretically come in whenever I want, but, I really don't want to lug two sets of clubs around. We shall see.

If I recall, it was about 59 a round for practice rounds.

That is less than half of what I was expecting. If a similar deal is in place this year, multiple practice rounds are definitely possible.

Yep, that was the price the last 2 years.

Still uncertain about practice rounds for me. I know the courses already and then I would be traveling home with 2 sets of clubs.

Will figure out in due time I suppose.

I didn't really think about needing to get 2 sets of clubs home. Assuming we fly, I will probably just rent a set rather than bring my current bag.

Not a bad idea to see about rental clubs... But I definitely need some practice rounds, from what everyone is saying.

I rented a set for one round at Caledonia, decent rental clubs, totally a valid option.

This may come off weird sounding, but one does not technically need their clubs to still get in a helpful practice round. You'll get more out of it with them of course, but they're not 100% required.

I rented a set for one round at Caledonia, decent rental clubs, totally a valid option.

Sounds like the easiest and most convenient way to go, what kind of clubs do they offer as their rental set?

Typing using TaP Tap Taparootalk...

Speaking of getting clubs home, since we are getting the clubs once we get there how do the people who are flying plan on getting them home? Do you bring your travel bag with you so you can check them on the plane, or do you have them boxed up and shipped home?

Just curious as I've never traveled with golf clubs before.

Speaking of getting clubs home, since we are getting the clubs once we get there how do the people who are flying plan on getting them home? Do you bring your travel bag with you so you can check them on the plane, or do you have them boxed up and shipped home?

Just curious as I've never traveled with golf clubs before.

That's a good question. I think I am going to travel with an empty travel bag and not bring any clubs with me. ThEn my return trip home will just have my MC clubs.

Sounds like the easiest and most convenient way to go, what kind of clubs do they offer as their rental set?

Typing using TaP Tap Taparootalk...

Mostly Titleist.

More with yourself than physical course conditions. I know this will be your 3rd time to return there but I would guess there will be parts of a hole you get to that you will forget about till you see them again; breaks in the greens or parts of the green you don't want to be on, but remember again when you see it. Things like that. But then again, you are a past champion so wasting time with practice rounds just might not be needed on your end.

I gotta admit that I giggled at this. I don't have the talent to "miss" on the correct area of the green.

I just want to hit the damn thing.

If I am lucky enough to get in. I am going to come in early. I really would not want to go blind into this .

That's a good question. I think I am going to travel with an empty travel bag and not bring any clubs with me. ThEn my return trip home will just have my MC clubs.

Practice rounds with rentals?

That Fedex box they have for clubs works really good for shipping. I have used it a few times now.

Getting ready for another round of announcements and once again the judging was fierce. So many incredible entries it would be easier to find a needle in a haystack. Our judges had their work cut out for them.

Getting ready for another round of announcements and once again the judging was fierce. So many incredible entries it would be easier to find a needle in a haystack. Our judges had their work cut out for them.

It seems to be a repeated theme with the fantastic entries. Can't wait to see the next 4 people to take place in this amazing event.

I gotta admit that I giggled at this. I don't have the talent to "miss" on the correct area of the green.

I just want to hit the damn thing.

Did you really say "giggle"......oh my cookie. Next you're gonna be telling me your hitting from the red tees now.

You can fire at pins with the best of em Cookie. Don't short change yourself.

I'll say it for the 1000th time. Not at all envious of the judges, again so many quality entries, can't wait to see who gets the nod though.

WOW 10 minutes and I am really glad I am not a judge. I cant imagine how hard that is.

230...oh wow let's get the cameras rolling people

Back