I also like that Carl is now a BAMF. He goes HAM on walkers.

ETA: I also thought the ending to tonight's episode was lame. Not really suspenseful at all.

I also like that Carl is now a BAMF. He goes HAM on walkers.

ETA: I also thought the ending to tonight's episode was lame. Not really suspenseful at all.

Carl is reckless. He is going to cause trouble for the group.

Obviously this is what it is, but with all the brain splashing, how do these guys avoid walker blood getting in their eyes/mouth etc..?

One scratch and life is over.. One mouth open while crowbar-ing some brain? Solid.

I'm with you TC. It seems a lot changed in the months between. I really hope they don't start the flash back syndrome that has caused me to stop watching other shows!

I'm hoping they don't do that either

I need to start watching this show

Obviously this is what it is, but with all the brain splashing, how do these guys avoid walker blood getting in their eyes/mouth etc..?

One scratch and life is over.. One mouth open while crowbar-ing some brain? Solid.

I don't know if it's the blood that turns anybody. I'm pretty sure it's dying. The infection might be too strong in an open wound to survive. That's how I see it.

I don't know if it's the blood that turns anybody. I'm pretty sure it's dying. The infection might be too strong in an open wound to survive. That's how I see it.

Well, why would a scratch turn someone?

It wouldn't. As long as it was disinfected properly. If you're talking about the inmate tonight, it's because he was scratched with a bloody-stump-peg zombie hand. It introduced a lot of dead decaying tissue into the inmate's blood stream.

It wouldn't. As long as it was disinfected properly. If you're talking about the inmate tonight, it's because he was scratched with a bloody-stump-peg zombie hand. It introduced a lot of dead decaying tissue into the inmate's blood stream.

They check for scratches in every episode dude.. How is there a variation between blood spatter and a scratch?

HERSHEL IS ALIVE! yes!!!!!

Yes and no, a quick disinfectant that could destroy the virus could stop the infection, but most virus's inject their genome into their host cell so if the virus is introduced to the tissue, and starts replicating it's DNA (or RNA if it's an RNA virus), the virus will use the host cell's to replicate their structure proteins and make more virus which then in a chain reaction would replicate more and more until it reaches the brain,

They check for scratches in every episode dude.. How is there a variation between blood spatter and a scratch?

your skin acts as a barrier and is part of the innate immune system and if it's compromised by scratches, then the virus can use its pathogenic features to infect their host, but the virus present in the blood will only enter the body if the skin is compromised, but it should still be disinfected.

Yes and no, a quick disinfectant that could destroy the virus could stop the infection, but most virus's inject their genome into their host cell so if the virus is introduced to the tissue, and starts replicating it's DNA (or RNA if it's an RNA virus), the virus will use the host cell's to replicate their structure proteins and make more virus which then in a chain reaction would replicate more and more until it reaches the brain,

But every human is already infected. The virus is just waiting for the host to die.

But every human is already infected. The virus is just waiting for the host to die.

oh yeah lol, I forgot about that haha, so what I wonder is why would it matter if they are scratched or bit if they are already infected? That's always made me wonder. Another thing I wonder is what about those who aren't susceptible to the virus because they lack the binding proteins, would they be immune to a bite?

oh yeah lol, I forgot about that haha, so what I wonder is why would it matter if they are scratched or bit if they are already infected? That's always made me wonder. Another thing I wonder is what about those who aren't susceptible to the virus because they lack the binding proteins, would they be immune to a bite?

They also didn't know that until the end of season 2. They thought it was contact that turned them. I haven't seen them search for scratches since midway through the farm.

Open wounds ca nlead to infection. Infection can lead to death. Death leads to Walker.

They also didn't know that until the end of season 2. They thought it was contact that turned them. I haven't seen them search for scratches since midway through the farm.

Open wounds ca nlead to infection. Infection can lead to death. Death leads to Walker.

it's crazy, you would think that all these zombie movies would help them out lol, I think Rick should have broken into a local Barnes and Noble and taken a copy of the Zombie Survival Guide haha. It's funny because if I was in a Zombie apocalypse I would know immediately hey it's a zombie outbreak

it's crazy, you would think that all these zombie movies would help them out lol, I think Rick should have broken into a local Barnes and Noble and taken a copy of the Zombie Survival Guide haha. It's funny because if I was in a Zombie apocalypse I would know immediately hey it's a zombie outbreak

But the zombie virus in Survival Guide is not the same as the WD. At least as far as I know. But I do like that they are using more quiet weapons. The crowbar is afterall, the most effective weapon in a zombia apocalypse, because it also works as a valuable tool.

But the zombie virus in Survival Guide is not the same as the WD. At least as far as I know. But I do like that they are using more quiet weapons. The crowbar is afterall, the most effective weapon in a zombia apocalypse, because it also works as a valuable tool.

yeah I know that but the strategy for survival is the same

yeah I know that but the strategy for survival is the same

Yes it is.

I really think that everybody in this thread should read "World War Z." It is an easy read. And really is fun.

Yes it is.

I really think that everybody in this thread should read "World War Z." It is an easy read. And really is fun.

definitely will buy it!

It's written by Max Brooks. Same guy who wrote "The Zombie Survival Guide."

awesome, that should be a great read, I found both Dawn of the Dead, and Land of the Dead together for $5 at walmart and both were great movies to keep me busy as I wait for this week's walking dead lol

awesome, that should be a great read, I found both Dawn of the Dead, and Land of the Dead together for $5 at walmart and both were great movies to keep me busy as I wait for this week's walking dead lol

Which Dawn of the Dead? 1977 or 2004?

Back