Things That Irritate You On the Course?

It wasn't me........ I was in the adjacent fairway waiting for them to clear after I hit a horrible drive. I just heard him yell.... I never condone hitting into anyone.

You said you were on the tee box.

You said you were on the tee box.

Ah, I left out a few details and see where I screwed up. I was on the tee box when I yelled at them. He actually hit close to them as they were walking off the green with his 2nd shot into the green. I was taking the alternate route from the adjacent fairway and their carts were in between me and the hole, so there was no way I was hitting up.

And to be completely honest, the guy I was playing golf with today was a bit high strung on the course, I think. I don't know if I would like to play rounds with him constantly. He's a good guy off the course and a decent golfer, but complains about everything on the course.

We were on a packed course today (literally a group on every hole from 1-18). No groups in front of us were playing slow by any means. We somehow had a group of 2 guys behind us. We were waiting on a few tees, but no big deal with a busy course and it was only for brief periods of time. These guys must have disliked waiting because they hit into us about 3 times and when we got to the 8th tee I told them they should cut the crap because there's nowhere for them to go even if we let them through. Ranger came out and heard me arguing with them and warned them once. By the 11th hole they did it again and got tossed off the course.

Why do groups of 2 expect to be able to play through an entire course of 4somes all the time?

Not sure I've ever posted in this thread and for good reason. Lots of unhappy happenings on the golf course. Extreme slow play by people that think they are better than they are and don't know the rules can get under my skin. I know I'm not perfect so I keep that to myself and cart mates most of the time.

Ah, I left out a few details and see where I screwed up. I was on the tee box when I yelled at them. He actually hit close to them as they were walking off the green with his 2nd shot into the green. I was taking the alternate route from the adjacent fairway and their carts were in between me and the hole, so there was no way I was hitting up.
Fwiw, I was referring to your friend. I know you were not the one to hit the shot. Did you tell him he was out of line for hitting into them?

And yeah, the reason I thought it was from the tee was because you said ''and then'' and not 'later''. My mistake there.

A guy I play with is slow but yesterday it got to me.
Weather was moving in and I made suggestions that maybe we need to pick up the pace of play, hurried my shots to set an example but no he just kept the same pace of play untill the 1st drop off rain then he was all fired up to get done and then when it was more than 1 drop he wanted to just quit & go in. This was on the green of 17. All he had to do was not stand over putts for a whole minute or two & make a club dession & hit.

tappin from my big as note2

Fwiw, I was referring to your friend. I know you were not the one to hit the shot. Did you tell him he was out of line for hitting into them?

And yeah, the reason I thought it was from the tee was because you said ''and then'' and not 'later''. My mistake there.

Yes, him and I had a few talks today about his attitude on the course. Sorry, you can't always play at the pace you want to, and sorry that you're not good enough to hit every shot perfectly, but all the yelling and cursing was not necessary either.

Like I said, I'm not quite sure I'd play a round with him again unless he changes his attitude on the course.

A guy I play with is slow but yesterday it got to me.
Weather was moving in and I made suggestions that maybe we need to pick up the pace of play, hurried my shots to set an example but no he just kept the same pace of play untill the 1st drop off rain then he was all fired up to get done and then when it was more than 1 drop he wanted to just quit & go in. This was on the green of 17. All he had to do was not stand over putts for a whole minute or two & make a club dession & hit.

The guy I play with most often is very deliberate with his pre shot routine. Exact same thing every time. Won't start until it's his "turn". He will not play out of turn unless I tell him to, and then I have to wait for his pre shot routine! I think this is what is causing my 90's play because I am always rushing to not get behind the group in front.

Exactly. And playing with me ya know it don't take me long to hit a bad shot. Lol

Smoking. Smokers seem to think being outdoor dissipates their smoke such that it's not irritating. Not true. Last week I was in a tournament foursome with a cigar smoker and heavy cigarette smoker. This week it was a heavy cigarette smoker and a pipe smoker. After a few hole a pack it up and went back to the club house. Enough was enough! This month I will run for an office and push for banning all smoking on the golf course. I'm also tired of seeing cigar and cigarette butts tossed all over the tee boxes, fairways and sometimes greens and sand traps.

Smoking. Smokers seem to think being outdoor dissipates their smoke such that it's not irritating. Not true. Last week I was in a tournament foursome with a cigar smoker and heavy cigarette smoker. This week it was a heavy cigarette smoker and a pipe smoker. After a few hole a pack it up and went back to the club house. Enough was enough! This month I will run for an office and push for banning all smoking on the golf course. I'm also tired of seeing cigar and cigarette butts tossed all over the tee boxes, fairways and sometimes greens and sand traps.

I'm fine with smokers on the course, but not throwing your trash away on the course is unacceptable.

I do laugh when I see 3/4 of a cigar laying next to a bunker or green. You know exactly what happened there.

That really stinks. For both of you. Hearing old people struggle like that makes me want to cry

His wife actually stopped by my house early last spring to make sure we were going to golf with him this season, on one hand I want to cut him some slack I know I will be there some day and he doesn't have much more golf in him do to his age. But on the other hand he doesn't have any concern for others and it has just reached the point it is no longer worth it to me. It's also getting dangerous as he has collided with other carts and nearly clipped a couple of us as we are walking down the fairway, I don't think he can see well but he won't admit it.

I'm fine with smokers on the course, but not throwing your trash away on the course is unacceptable.

I do laugh when I see 3/4 of a cigar laying next to a bunker or green. You know exactly what happened there.

Me too, for the most part. I don't really want them smoking in the cart that I am in unless they are downwind. I do go on enough treks with a bunch of clubs which should give them plenty of time to get their smoke fix for that hole! I hate seeing cigarette butts all over, especially on the green. But to completely ban smoking outside is a little much. Most people are pretty aware of when their smoking could cause an issue.

His wife actually stopped by my house early last spring to make sure we were going to golf with him this season, on one hand I want to cut him some slack I know I will be there some day and he doesn't have much more golf in him do to his age. But on the other hand he doesn't have any concern for others and it has just reached the point it is no longer worth it to me. It's also getting dangerous as he has collided with other carts and nearly clipped a couple of us as we are walking down the fairway, I don't think he can see well but he won't admit it.

Would he let one of you drive a cart with him.

That really stinks. For both of you. Hearing old people struggle like that makes me want to cry

It's not just old people. It's privileged young (and middle age) people too who have no excuse.

This I can't agree with, cigars are part of golf and non smokers have all but pushed smokers outside. You can always leave but why dictate their time on the course.

Mowers that won't shut down while you're about to hit.

Just seems inconsiderate on their part.

My playing partners 1.5 min pre-swing routine. Geez a 2 hour round turned into almost 3.25 hrs.

Would he let one of you drive a cart with him.

We tried that with the thought of keeping him from driving but it opens up a whole new can of worms, one of which he hates not having full control of the cart, it just becomes extremely frustrating for his cart partner. Also the rest of us prefer to walk so someone has to forego their preferred method of playing to accommodate his needs. I feel bad about the whole mess but my scores are night and day difference when he plays with the group, not that is all important but it is clearly due to extreme frustrations of his antics.

Smokers have been pushed outside, golf is outside. Maybe mention that you'd prefer they not blow it in your face but if they're not throwing their butts on the greens, tee boxes or in the fairway, what exactly do you want them to do? They're out there to enjoy themselves & have a little fun the same as you.

Mowers that won't shut down while you're about to hit.

Just seems inconsiderate on their part.

Kind of a no win for them as I would prefer they just keep mowing, to have them idling behind me guarantees I will hit a bad shot.

Obviously, slow play. LIKE DON'T PEOPLE GET THAT PLAYING SLOW USUALLY MAKES YOU PLAY WORSE???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I played with an annoying guy today. Had 3 excuses for every miss. My favorite one was after a push slice that went 150 yards sideways that "he hit it perfectly but there was mud on the ball". OK dude.

He was playing a money match with his two friends and was constantly cheating and then to make it worse was trying to penalize his buddies every way he could. None of it was my business but by the end it was all too much.

Back