THP & Cobra US Open Contest

o i thought the deadline was wednesday like it said on the front of the page? guess i misunderstood, but no worries i got one in, just wanted to change it to 278, but o well..

if i wanted to change my final score do i have to submit a whole new entry? sorry but i think my first is off by 5 strokes atleast.. just dont want to get DQ'd for having 2 entries.. thank you!

Unfortunately you're too late, but who knows, maybe you'll be right on the money. Do you think you went too high or too low? lol

I'm wondering what the average scores are gonna be, I'm guessing the leader will be around 5 or 6 under but I have no clue considering how this course was torn up in 2000.

o i thought the deadline was wednesday like it said on the front of the page? guess i misunderstood, but no worries i got one in, just wanted to change it to 278, but o well..

The deadline is wednesday. There is also one entry per person. Once an entry is sent in and US Open week starts, they cannot be resubmitted. We will get close to a thousand entries and send each one in. If we have to ask the company to go through those entries and make changes, it just wont happen. Sorry. This is why we tell people to make sure they have their entry set before they send it in.

i said 271, which i think is going to be way to low now. but the winner not to long ago at pebble beach shot 16 under so figured the pros shud do better but im off pretty bad i got a feeling..
o well no big deal.. its all fun..

The deadline is wednesday. There is also one entry per person. Once an entry is sent in and US Open week starts, they cannot be resubmitted. We will get close to a thousand entries and send each one in. If we have to ask the company to go through those entries and make changes, it just wont happen. Sorry. This is why we tell people to make sure they have their entry set before they send it in.

ya i know thats why i said no worries. its not that big of a deal... didnt mean to get u aggravated, sorry.

Not aggravated at all. Good luck.

i said 271, which i think is going to be way to low now. but the winner not to long ago at pebble beach shot 16 under so figured the pros shud do better but im off pretty bad i got a feeling..
o well no big deal.. its all fun..

if your picks were solid enough you won't need to worry about the tie breaker

ya but like jb said he got over a 1000 entries so there is a really good chance alot of those people picked the same as i did so the tie breaker will actually be really important, i think alot of people have the same picks since there are only 4 we can pick, should be interesting. almost willing to bet there is more than 5 entries tied in winning at the end..

There's also more than one prize. So multiple winners is a given

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

Im very much looking forward to the US Open, as we should be. Its out national championship and its at one of the greatest courses in North America. I went with Phil, Westwood and Poulter. Westwood for the same reasons TC already mentioned, Phil is just playing too good not to take him and Poulter because he doesnt look like he's on the juice.

ya i know there are 5 going to be given away but i was saying i bet there will be 5, plus more than that are tied even after the tie breaker..

So are is there a plan for extra tie breakers should it be needed? I can see several people selecting the same golfers, and then possibly even the same score.

I didn't even think to remember that the USGA will be playing this at a Par 71.... Wonder if anybody else forgot that little tid bit for the contest? :laughing:

I didn't even think to remember that the USGA will be playing this at a Par 71.... Wonder if anybody else forgot that little tid bit for the contest? :laughing:

I checked before I picked my score. Not that I've sent an entry in yet but I know the score I'm going to take. It's a given to find out first in these contests at THP since you are picking a score, not a number in relation to par.

So are is there a plan for extra tie breakers should it be needed? I can see several people selecting the same golfers, and then possibly even the same score.

a lot of us are selecting the same three golfers, but remember, your entry must include four, that's where the winners will win in my opinion. i can't share my fourth yet b/c that's my darkhorse, and for the record, no TW for me!!!

What? Four golfers? Im going to win with just three.

What? Four golfers? Im going to win with just three.

i doubt it dude. what's shakin' bro? you do realize that i'm depending on you for US Open updates, right?

Since this thread was turning into the THP Contest thread part two, I merged it with the original thread.

I'm sure we'll have a thread to discuss the tournament in a couple of days.

Since this thread was turning into the THP Contest thread part two, I merged it with the original thread.

I'm sure we'll have a thread to discuss the tournament in a couple of days.

best.mod.ever!

thanks smalls.

a lot of us are selecting the same three golfers, but remember, your entry must include four, that's where the winners will win in my opinion. i can't share my fourth yet b/c that's my darkhorse, and for the record, no TW for me!!!

I'm curious how many people selected Tiger. I bet that other guy is in at least half of the entries. For the record, he's not on mine. TW is though.

I'm curious how many people selected Tiger. I bet that other guy is in at least half of the entries. For the record, he's not on mine. TW is though.

good luck with that. if the tiger that we all have known shows up, he's a no brainer, but here lately with his game, he's not a safe pick. i'm sure he'll prove me wrong though.

Back