THP Exclusive - PUMA Purchases Rife Putters?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I think this could be a very good pick up for Puma.

I think this is bound to make a lot of people happy!

I think this is huge for Puma. A proven putter into tour stable? Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i wonder if this acquisition helps keep Mr. Poulter in the stable next year?

Smart move I'd say.

Not a fan of Rife putters and this doesnt change that either. Yawn.

Good investment by Puma. Prob got Rife for a song and further expands the Puma name across the equipment landscape

I was wondering a few weeks ago what was going to happen to Rife after Yes went broke. Good putters, hope it is a good fit.

I like Rife putters and I think their image should match well with Puma.

I actually find this acquisition very interesting, especially when looking at the Cobra/Puma aspect of everything. Here you have a company that has lost Camilo and JB Holmes in less than a calendar year, both of which are household names, if not headliners. To me, it only makes sense that Puma/Cobra purchase an equipment company that has some devout users on tour, most specifically, a Mr. Poulter. I can't help but wonder if this purchase was made in an attempt not to lose another headliner. Sure, Rife has its own devout followers/consumers and I dare say that sentiment is felt by certain guys on Tour. I'm pretty much rambling here, but wondering if anyone else sees it as this way?

Now they need to make an all orange putter for Rickie Fowler.

I actually find this acquisition very interesting, especially when looking at the Cobra/Puma aspect of everything. Here you have a company that has lost Camilo and JB Holmes in less than a calendar year, both of which are household names, if not headliners. To me, it only makes sense that Puma/Cobra purchase an equipment company that has some devout users on tour, most specifically, a Mr. Poulter. I can't help but wonder if this purchase was made in an attempt not to lose another headliner. Sure, Rife has its own devout followers/consumers and I dare say that sentiment is felt by certain guys on Tour. I'm pretty much rambling here, but wondering if anyone else sees it as this way?

If this one turns out to be true, it will be very interesting to see how it shakes up.

Now they need to make an all orange putter for Rickie Fowler.

Rickie does not play PUMA equipment.

Good putters and a good apparel company, they should work out well under the same umbrella as Cobra-PUMA. Nice work.

I think this is a major acquisition for Cobra/Puma. I well known established putter company will help them out. Cobra's 2011 lineup looks good as well. It will be interesting how this all turns out. I have a feeling that within the next few years there will be about 4 major golf manufacturers left to divide up the pie which is shrinking yearly.

I thought they were gonna go after Yes! since they were on the block already, this is a surprise I didn't know Rife was in play...

Last edited:
More incentive for Poulter to stick with Cobra? A putter deal for a putter he already plays?

More incentive for Poulter to stick with Cobra? A putter deal for a putter he already plays?

That's my line of thinking dude. Puma/Cobra seems to be hemoraging staffers, perhaps this helps stop the bleeding? I don't know, but it's what I think.

Very interested pickup for Puma-Cobra if the deal goes through.

I really like this move for Puma. I like this move for Rife more. I am very happy with my Rife putter. Classic shape, good lines, fantastic roll. I just love my Seemore. Hopefully this will get more people to look at the brand.

Any national "talking heads" calling your bluff on this one JB?

Any national "talking heads" calling your bluff on this one JB?

I dont know what you mean. I spoke to a writer from a national magazine today that said he is hearing hte same things. There is a smaller website saying its untrue. Not sure, but it will be fun to watch play out.

I dont know what you mean. I spoke to a writer from a national magazine today that said he is hearing hte same things. There is a smaller website saying its untrue. Not sure, but it will be fun to watch play out.

I just remembered all the drama around the GMac to Srixon news THP posted. I was being somewhat provocative with my question.

Back