THP MLB Fantasy League

dcbrad

locked and reloaded
Reaction score
Handicap
Geography
Hey guys, I play fantasy baseball every year, usually in a Yahoo Public League, since none of my friends are really into it. Was wondering how many people would like to maybe play in one from THP this year. Obviously, this would be completely unaffiliated with site and would be for bragging rights only!

Just seeing how many people would like to be in it, and if we have enough interest, maybe we could get multiple leagues going. I'm thinking head to head over rotisserie, even though that can be frustrating as heck if your team tanks for a week in the playoffs. I would probably just do it in Yahoo too, I like their fantasy leagues quite a bit.

If your interested, throw something up in the thread and I'll update the first post with people who would like to get in on it. and let the banter begin!

Format:
Yahoo! Head to Head

Interested:
dcbrad
TexasHacker34
War Eagle
ddec
mikedean441
bmik33
Damaikis
IceyShanks
daabiistyle
StLCardsFan
Scottro8
Golf Ghost
TheHeez
Scarnici
dhill37
WestTex
flynnie
threshold350
MSB256
DevRickus

LEAGUE SETTINGS

Register by going here: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/register/joinleague?.scrumb=

League ID is 17093
Password is: hackers

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING SECTIONS

Just a few general settings explanations:

Format
Yahoo Head to Head

Teams
20 teams broken down into 4 divisions. Each division winner makes the playoffs and 4 wildcard teams advance as well. (Best overall record from remaining 16 teams) 8 playoff teams was the most Yahoo would let me do.

Schedule
Everyone plays everybody, probably only once, you will play two or three teams twice, but that is just the nature of the scheduling. So it's not like MLB where you play your division rivals significantly more.

Draft
Draft is set for Sunday, March 24 at 7:00PM EST. It can be changed, but this draft is going to take awhile, so I figured a Sunday night would work best for everyone.

Scoring Categories
Batting: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG (Batting AVG), OPS (On Base + Slugging Percentage)
Pitching: Wins, Saves, Strikeouts, Holds, ERA, WHIP.

So your record will add up to 12 in some fashion, each category you win, you get a tally in the win column, each you lose, one in the loss column, etc.
(These are the standard settings basically, I added Holds so it expanded the amount of pitchers that could be taken.)

Roster Spots
C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN

You can have two players at most on the disabled list at one time.

That's 20 spots, so 400 players will be drafted.

Max Acquisitions Per Week
6 - You can only add drop 6 players per week. It runs Monday to Sunday.

Max Innings Pitched Per Week
7 - You have to have your pitchers throw at least 7 innings per week or your pitching stats won't count.

Trades
No max on the amount of trades you can do, there's a 2 day grace period so other teams can see the trade happening and can veto it if they feel it is unfair or colluding is happening. 11 votes will veto a trade (majority)

Trade Deadline is August 18, 2013. No trades after that date.

Last edited:
Put me down and put me in for the win

Im interested.

depending on how it's done, throw me down for interested.

Paging mikedean.

ESPN always has a Baseball Challenge, like what they do with their Gridiron Challenge, Hockey Challenge, etc.

depending on how it's done, throw me down for interested.

I'm thinking head to head dean. Obviously we can go over the scoring down the road, but it's not gonna be obscure stats Like WHIP +OPS +K/ # of times balked. Lol

dcbrad- I'm going to check in to a couple options, being Yahoo and ESPN and see what each has to offer. I've usually done Yahoo leagues, but want to check the ESPN options as well.

ESPN always has a Baseball Challenge, like what they do with their Gridiron Challenge, Hockey Challenge, etc.

The challenges are fun, but I like actually going through a draft and setting yourself up for the whole year instead of picking players each week. (I'm assuming it's like the Hockey one)

im IN!

and a live draft is a must!

dcbrad- I'm going to check in to a couple options, being Yahoo and ESPN and see what each has to offer. I've usually done Yahoo leagues, but want to check the ESPN options as well.

Sounds good. Like I said, I've always done yahoo, but if ESPN's is better, I have no problem doing that.

FWIW I like yahoo way better than ESPN

what abotu doing head to head to keep people interested? People can bail out of roto real early

I'm thinking head to head dean. Obviously we can go over the scoring down the road, but it's not gonna be obscure stats Like WHIP +OPS +K/ # of times balked. Lol

FWIW I like yahoo way better than ESPN

what abotu doing head to head to keep people interested? People can bail out of roto real early

skimmer hehe

Im thinking Yahoo is the way to go. Head to Head is a must.

I'm interested

I'm in if you guys will have me! Love fantasy baseball!

I'd be in. Never done baseball, but sounds like fun for sure!

Count me in too. I'm a Toronto Blue Jays fan and this will be a big season in the A.L. East. On paper, the Jays have a great shot to make the playoffs. And not to mention, having some friendly competition with my fellow THPers. Great idea, dcbrad

Back