THP Thanksgiving Contest - TaylorMade Ghost S Putter

On a personal level, I am thankful for another year with my wife and daughter, and especially the opportunity to see my daughter (who will be four in January) turn more into a little person from a toddler. It is amazing to watch, and I never thought I would enjoy this experience as much as I have.

On a professional level, I am thankful for having a career that keeps me interested and motivated. Even the challenging moments are rewarding.

On a sheer enjoyment level, I am thankful for finding THP and becoming involved in the THP community. I came to this site looking for a review on Mizuno MP 58 irons (there were excellent reviews, btw), but I found a community of people that share a true love of this game. It has been fantastic meeting many other THPers online and in-person, and it has been even more rewarding to play with THPers on a somewhat regular basis.

There are several of you on this site that need to be thanked for my wonderful year. Be assured that if we have spoken at a THP event or traded posts or PM on the site, I am absolutely thinking of you while writing this post. I really appreciate it -- it's been a phenomenal year.

Some awesome messages in here

Agreed, they are truly heartfelt and there are so many things to be thankful for!!!

I love all the honesty and candor.

I am thankful for my family, especially for my little son, who is 17 months old now and almost walking and is the most awesome thing in the world. Just being able to watch him grow and learn and experience new things and react to the world as he becomes more aware of everything around him is just so amazing, like watching a miracle happen right in front of my eyes every day. It is a truly humbling experience and more powerful than I ever expected before becoming a father and I'm thankful for it every day.

Wow, where to start....

I'm thankful that I'm healthy and have a great family who supports me and gives me the right amount of hell when I screw up.

I'm thankful for our country and that we're still able to have a "voice". I'm also thankful for all our Men and Women, past and present, who have served this country in our Armed Forces. I'm even more thankful for their families who have sacrificed to enable them to serve.

I'm thankful for a hobby that turned into a career. Sometimes it's frustrating, but I enjoy it more every day.

Lastly, I'm thankful for THP. This forum has changed so much in my life over the past year. I've been fortunate enough to make it to several THP events and each one has been fantastic. I've met really awesome people from all over the country, teed it up with a few and shared conversations, laughs and stories with many, many more. This really feels like a "second family" to me and it's an awesome feeling to have.

Some awesome messages so far.

I am thankful for my wonderful Fiance, and the wonderful friends I have here to share it with.

I'm tempted to say, "I don't know where to start", but I actually do.
I would not be true to myself and honest with you if I didn't express first that I'm thankful to Jesus Christ for making the ultimate sacrifice for me.
I'm also very thankful for the family in which I was raised and my immediate family, my wife, daughter and son.
I'm very thankful that my family and I are all healthy.
I'm very thankful that my wife and I are employed and have stable jobs.
I'm thankful that because of all of the above I'm able to enjoy the game of golf on a regular basis.
I'm thankful that I have a few truly good friends that I get to play the game of golf with regularly.
I'm thankful for the game of golf because it has taught me much about myself over the years and continues to be a passion of mine that challenges every aspect of me (physical, mental, emotional & spiritual).
I'm thankful to the THP online community for providing me with a web-based "golf minded" environment for me to enjoy and participate in. I know that my wife quickly gets tired of my golf-talk, but on THP, that would likely never happen.
Finally, thank you THP and fellow Hackers!

Awesome contest.

This year (as with other years in the past) I have made great efforts to simplify my life. As part of that endavour, one of the things I have done is to reduce the clothing in my closet (brining the extra clothing to non-profits). The process took a long time and it made me realize how much "stuff" I have really have. Way too much stuff to be honest. But it led to a sincere feeling of thankfulness. Not a thankfulness for all the "stuff" I have, but a thankfulness for things I don't necessarily deserve. A thankfulness of having shelter over my head and food on the table. If, rather than being born to a middle-class blue collar family in southern california, I was born to a struggling family living in the slums of some third-world country, things would be entirely different. Yet many of those so-called less-fortunate often seem to experience great amounts of joy. It makes me think I tend to "cheapen" thankfulness and joy. While I am thankful for many of the awesome things in my life (such as family, friends, job, etc.), my hope is that I can be more thankful for the more mundane parts of life as well.

I'm thankful for my friends and family who have stood by me in the last few months when the going was rough, even when I acted like a jerk. I'm also thankful for my boss who took a gamble on me by giving me a fantastic job with lots of responsibility even though he knew I was at rock bottom at the time. Mostly though I'm thankful that I'm still here to repay the emotional debts I owe these people.

I am thankful to have a wonder wife, a beautiful daughter, and a son on the way.

I am thankful for my family. I have an awesome wife and kid with another on the way.

I am so Thankful!

I am so Thankful!

I am so Thankful for my amazing Wife, my amazing Friends and my amazing God. Enough Said.

I am thankful for all the new friends that I have been able to make through THP. It is truly a community of great people sharing a common passion.

I am also thankful for landing the job that I coveted my entire career. Hopefully it will be as fullfilling and rewarding as I dream.

I'm thankful for the addition to my family. My new baby girl who was born 6 weeks early and was almost born 14 weeks early and having no problems just being small. My loving wife who let me go to the THP event in Atlantic city earlier this year.

I am thankful for my nother in law because if it was not for her, I would not have the wife that I have now. She was a single parent for most of her life and managed to raise a daughter that turned out to be my soul mate. I am thankful for my mother and father for raising and teaching me the ways of the world. If not for the teaching and love that they showed me, I would not be the man that I am.

I am thankful for my 2 little boys. They are the reson that I get up and go to work and the reason that I do not have the new golf equipment that I want or why that I have not been to an outing. I do not mind doing without something that I want in order for then to have what they want or need.

I am thankful for my job. It is not often that you find someone that enjoys what they do and don't mind the work. I love coaching and working with young people.

I am thankful for my country and the people that are serving and protecting us.

Finally, I am thankful for my faith. If not for it, I am not sure where I would be.

Thankful for my family, salvation, job, and health.

I could go on and on. Truely blessed and thankful everyday.

I'm thankful that even though I had to make two drastic career changes at 30 and 34 which almost ruined me financially I managed to land a new one that's stable, pays even more than my last one and only requires me to work 26 weeks a year. Because of this I am able to spend more time with my daughter and more time playing golf. You really can't beat it after a knee injury ended my military career after 12 years and I had to start all over again from scratch.

I am thankful for a lot of things. Mostly, I am thankful for my wife and my job. My wife is awesome and my best friend. My job is a ton of fun. I have a great schedule (especially for the retail industry) and good coworkers.

I'm thankful that I have the opportunity of playing golf every week and that my family can afford to pay for my education in n excellent private school, I am thankful to be with my family everyday and live a healthy and joyful life with them.

I'm thankful to wake up everyday in the best country in the world. Even though we b*tch and moan like crazy about each other, we have it good.

I am thankful for my family. I am especially thankful for my father who after a 10 year absence from golf has got me going again. Since he has got me back into it I found this site to be a wealth of info. Thanks Dad, and thank you THP.

i am thankful for my health, friends and family

My brother got his fingers caught on a table saw and I am thankful he didn't lose his fingers and is on the road to recovery.Hopefully we will get back to fishing and golfing soon.

Thankful for good health, a decent job that provides enough to pay the bills and the greens fees, a great family, and great friends new and old. I am also very thankful I made the choice to get involved with such a great place as this. After the invitational it's very clear what THP is all about. Yes, the prizes and free golf equipment are awesome, but to me THP is about a common passion for the greatest game and fellowship. I am thankful for all the work that goes into this site and the events it hosts, and for its members, for being able to see past the greed and envy of someone else getting something they wanted to see the true meaning of this community. Thankful to be a small part of such a special place.

Back