THP Tour Van Event - Des Moines, IA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the course's website. There is a little bit of elevation change. But some of thoes holes are countertop flat.

Well, I reckon you'll tear it up then :p

South Dakota is flat, but I'd call Iowa more rolly than anything.

It's good to be able to see the flag.

Tapped with LTEVO

If I missed this posted here forgive me but is there any type of "meet and greet" set up for Friday night at all?

Nope, I didn't set that up. You folks that will be there Friday will have to figure that one out.

Well, I reckon you'll tear it up then :p

South Dakota is flat, but I'd call Iowa more rolly than anything.
Correction. 3/4 of SD is flat. We have the Black Hills on the west end of the state. Not mountains mind you....hills. They really are like mini mountains though. Mt. Rushmore....c'mon can that be put up on flat land?

I love it that Cookie is so excited to go to Iowa. Just hearing you guys from Tx and Cali being excite to go to Iowa cracks me up. I might live in S.D. now but I'm born and raised an Iowa boy...you guys will LOVE it here. Have the steak...it's delicious.

Correction. 3/4 of SD is flat. We have the Black Hills on the west end of the state. Not mountains mind you....hills. They really are like mini mountains though. Mt. Rushmore....c'mon can that be put up on flat land?

I love it that Cookie is so excited to go to Iowa. Just hearing you guys from Tx and Cali being excite to go to Iowa cracks me up. I might live in S.D. now but I'm born and raised an Iowa boy...you guys will LOVE it here. Have the steak...it's delicious.

I was going to add that, as well as the Missouri River valley. It's quite a shock driving across 90 and then seeing all these hills when you've been on the flatness for 4 hours.

MMM steak... is there a decent steak place nearby? Does anyone know?

I have a feeling that the first persons to Des Moines can do a little recon and let everybody know.

I have a feeling that the first persons to Des Moines can do a little recon and let everybody know.

I went on google maps and found there was a KFC and a Burger King within walking distance of the hotel. I am good with that too.

MMM steak... is there a decent steak place nearby? Does anyone know?
This poor teacher isn't gonna be able to keep up with you high rollers!

I'm gonna go Happy Gilmore on everyone in my group..........

I went on google maps and found there was a KFC and a Burger King within walking distance of the hotel. I am good with that too.

I just imagined how much damage THPers could do at KFC.

Not sure if you guys have heard about it, but we have this place called Applebees that has steaks. Pretty good stuff!

**No, I'm not serious. However, my dad said that to me once. He lives in the country outside this tiny Iowa town of 3,000 people and always says funny things like that. We'd drive 45 minutes to go to Burger King when I was a kid.

Not sure if you guys have heard about it, but we have this place called Applebees that has steaks. Pretty good stuff!

**No, I'm not serious. However, my dad said that to me once. He lives in the country outside this tiny Iowa town of 3,000 people and always says funny things like that. We'd drive 45 minutes to go to Burger King when I was a kid.
I ate at Applebees once............once.

You can pretty much guess that based on the size I am it is a safe bet that I am ok with just about any place food wise. Fast food is just fine with me.

Hawk, where are the durn pairings? Good lord, that fake set you put out just wont cut it.
And BWs is perfect for us. Not too expensive, decent wings and perfect for a group setting.

I was going to add that, as well as the Missouri River valley. It's quite a shock driving across 90 and then seeing all these hills when you've been on the flatness for 4 hours.
It does get pretty cool out by the Bad Lands and then as you get out toward the Black Hills we have some nice elevation changes.

That is all besides the point though, how about TCI, there is some elevation changes there right? I like going downhill more than I like going up hill, be sure you note that.

I forgot that there were other stops. I never see those threads on the front page. Weird..... :alien:

Nate..you still need picked up @ the airport Fri, right?

Sent from my DROID X2

I was thinking of reserving 35 single tee times instead. Forget playing with you losers!

BWW should work. Nothing really Iowa about it, which isn't necessarily bad. They said the Assistant Manager was even going to personally call me. That's how we roll at THP.

Hawk, where are the durn pairings? Good lord, that fake set you put out just wont cut it.
And BWs is perfect for us. Not too expensive, decent wings and perfect for a group setting.

I dislike BWs. They put the calories per dish on the menus. I feel like a big ole tubbo now.

It does get pretty cool out by the Bad Lands and then as you get out toward the Black Hills we have some nice elevation changes.

That is all besides the point though, how about TCI, there is some elevation changes there right? I like going downhill more than I like going up hill, be sure you note that.

I think it's going to be hilly-er than people think. No mountains, but it's got the rolling hill thing going on. As for uphill shots, I'll just play those ones backwards and you're welcome to join me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back