Tiger Woods Regains #1 - Wins Arnold Palmer Invitational - WITB

Impressive start to the season by Tiger, no doubt. He has to be the favorite heading to Augusta. Tiger vs the Field.

Without question. I want to see if Tiger can manage the "new" Augusta.

The mental side to Tiger just blows me away. At times his game starts to sag a little and he reels it back in no problem. I think a lot of that is toughness between the ears.

My life is more complete every time Tiger tees it up.

Agreed, but did Bridgestone Golf stop being the best? I feel like I've been let down.

Way to go Tiger! No one can argue that his dominating presence is not good for golf. I'm glad to see him playing well and enjoy watching the tournaments again.

I think he should dump Foley and change his swing now.

Just watching the coverage and the said Tiger has won 1 in 4 career events. That is nuts :bulgy-eyes:

Good to see him back in that spot...genius of Nike to screw over Rory so tiger could slip by (last part was a joke)
tap tap taparoo

I have this photo of Tiger at the range, by himself, in the very early morning at the PGA Championship in 2011 on the day he missed the cut. It's great to see him move back to number 1 about 1.5 years afterwards.

If he continues to putt the way he has in his last couple of events I think you have to list him as the favorite at Augusta

Would have been epic if his first putt on 18 had dropped today. Never been a big fan of Tiger (Phil is a Sun Devil after all), but it was nice to see a big fat grin on his face after the last few years.

I'd still take the field at Augusta, though.

The intimidation factor is definitely back. Imagine the roar if the par putt went in?

Man... Tiger is fielding some dumb questions in his presser.

"How many text messages have you received since you won, and can you share any with us?"

It's hard to imagine anyone winning a tournament 8 times, I guess the crazier thought is that he's young enough to win a few more at Bayhill. Well done Mr Woods!

Day 1 at Augusta will be very telling for Tiger. He's gone to a slight fade almost exclusively and everyone knows that Augusta is set up for a slight draw ball flight.

With that being said I still wouldn't mortgage my home against Tiger winning. He is truly amazing and will end his career as the greatest golfer to ever live. How cool that we've all had the opportunity to watch him play!

Definitely making golf more exciting to watch right now.
Despite his misgivings in the past I can't help but root for him.
I hope he destroys the field at Augusta!

But he can hit that draw when needed. TBH at this time, he has to fight his fade shot more than his draw.

I have to think his form as of late might be better than precious considering the depth of fields he has beaten.

I see a multi major year and 6-7 wins!

Day 1 at Augusta will be very telling for Tiger. He's gone to a slight fade almost exclusively and everyone knows that Augusta is set up for a slight draw ball flight.

With that being said I still wouldn't mortgage my home against Tiger winning. He is truly amazing and will end his career as the greatest golfer to ever live. How cool that we've all had the opportunity to watch him play!

Is it? If I remember right, every year I get told that a fade player plays into those greens better.

I'm glad he's playing well. I love watching him play when he is "on". Can't wait to watch the masters!

Great picture
BGOSgcVCAAAFpBY_zps0aa2a61c.jpg

On the Golf Channel's Morning Drive, Damon Hack said that he thinks Tiger will get to 100. Everybody kind of scoffed at the notion and then Peter Jacobsen ran the numbers... everybody stopped scoffing. :call-me:

Great picture
BGOSgcVCAAAFpBY_zps0aa2a61c.jpg

Great shot for sure!

Happy to see Tiger is back at #1!

As for all the comments is Tiger "back," we would be fooling ourselves if we think he will be at the same crazy level of dominance he had at 27 at 37 - especially with the higher level of competition/skill in the field these days.

However, I will say that his game is where it needs to be right now in order to compete at the high level he needs to win tournaments and stay on top. So for now, lets all relish in the amazing player that Tiger is.

Again, congrats to Tiger - my favorite golfer by far!

You da man Tiger! Great to see Tiger back on top! He is really on his game and hope to see him win multiple majors this year.

Back