Tin Box Partners Yardage Books

mrmcgovs

Reaction score
Handicap
I wanted to share with everyone on here a company and a product that I consider myself lucky enough to have found and even luckier to have put in my back pocket. It is the custom yardage books by Tin Box Partners. It is a small American business that if I told you who and where there products have been you wouldn't believe they aren't a huge established golf business. Tin Box was chosen by Davis Love III himself to be the official yardage books of the Ryder Cup (For both teams). In addition, they are found on tour every single week. Some clients include Chris DiMarco, Scott Stallings, Keegan Bradley, and yes Tiger Woods as well as his Caddy Joey Lacava.

I found them online and they have a ton of pictures of all the custom work they have done previously (Just cool to check out...I included a couple photos below). I have gone through several yardage books over the years due to poor quality and flimsy construction, which for me means they never last all that long. I was looking for a high quality yardage book/scorecard holder that wasn't stupid expensive that would stand the test of time. This company offers that. The books are of the highest quality thus only the best materials, vinyls, leathers, exotic hides, are used....There are different options and price points to fit a variety of clients. The customization can be as much or as little as wanted. Their philosophy "YOU CAN DESIGN YOUR COVER JUST THE WAY YOU WOULD LIKE IT BECAUSE YOU ARE THE ONE WHO WILL BE USING IT ON A DAILY BASIS" I personally think that is a great mindset for a company to have, put the customer first...you don't see that all that much anymore. All of the exterior designs are fully embroidered while anything you would like on the inside of the cover (quotes, images) are laser etched in.

I was lucky enough to meet the owner of the company at the PGA Show this week where he hand delivered my book to me. He is a terrific guy and a golfer himself. My eyes lit up when he pulled my creation out of his bag. He put it in my hands and I rubbed my fingers on the smooth leather and the thread of the embroidery....it was so nice! I have included a picture of my custom book that I ordered. It was executed EXACTLY how I wanted it!!! The embroidery is beautiful and very tight (not one loose thread). The leather is soft/smooth, but it is a structured book, not flimsy or loose at all. I wanted my twitter handle on it so it stuck out of the top of my pocket. It perfectly sits above the pocket line and is extremely noticeable. (I had it in my pocket walking the show floor and a friend who I haven't seen in a few years walked over and say he know it was me because he saw the book...pretty cool) Inside I had a quote etched into it to remind me to enjoy every round I play and I love looking at it when I open the book, it gives me some perspective. All in all I LOVE mine and highly recommend that if your in the market for a yardage book/scorecard holder or if you are looking for a really nice gift for a golfing buddy you check out www.tinboxpartners.com (Make sure you tell them "Mr. McGovs" sent you, no seriously tell 'em)

BBoW8FXCQAIVDYp.jpg:large

MkQwMjM3OUFBMDc5N0Q1M0QxRkY6OTFlOWNlMjYyOTZmMzUwNzQ2MDE4N2ViOTk4NjJkZTU=

MkQwMjM3OUFBMDc5N0Q1M0QxRkY6ZGY1ZTZiYjkxMzZmZjFiZTVjMTVkNTBhMDJjMWRlMjk=

Those look awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Wow what an awesome golf accessory! Thanks for posting that and it looks amazing!

Any idea on the cost. I would love to get something like this.

Last edited:
Very cool. And amazing work.

Tapatalking on my iPhone 5!

Really cool. Will make a great gift

Those ones look awesome.

Those are awesome....would love to have one with the THP and Morgan Cup logos on it.

Very cool. Has me wanting one

Thanks for sharing. Will ck them out.

These look great but I would be terrified of losing it at that price.

Very cool but how many average Joes even use yardage books (and at $90)?

Great looking covers. May have to snag one.

The Ryder cup one's look class. The Euro one that is

I was looking at these a few weeks ago. I definitely want one. Right now I have a cheaper Callaway one and it has just about seen it's last days. I really want a nicer one. I wouldn't mind spending the money on one as long as it is as nice as the pictures show. If you just get a decent scorecard holder/yardage book holder you are going to pay around the $40-$50 range anyway. You can get cheaper ones like the Callaway one I have, but they don't look anywhere near as nice and aren't going to last too long.

I was looking at these a few weeks ago. I definitely want one. Right now I have a cheaper Callaway one and it has just about seen it's last days. I really want a nicer one. I wouldn't mind spending the money on one as long as it is as nice as the pictures show. If you just get a decent scorecard holder/yardage book holder you are going to pay around the $40-$50 range anyway. You can get cheaper ones like the Callaway one I have, but they don't look anywhere near as nice and aren't going to last too long.

This was my exact thinking as well. It is the highest quality book I have had hands down. It is solid construction, great tight stitching, and the size is perfect for all sized scorecards and yardage books. If you bought 2 cheaper books (That 40-50 bucks you mentioned) you've paid for one of these. Plus it customized to you, a talking piece, a statement of you and your game. Worth it IMO.

I have one question about these, and you may not be able to answer it, but since you are in florida, you might. I know with some leather things (belts, wallets, etc.) when you sweat, it starts to run a little. I've got several pairs of pants that have ring marks around the waist line where the belt was. Do you think these will do the same thing? It's really the only thing holding me back from getting this, as I'll be using it a lot during the hot summers here.

I have one question about these, and you may not be able to answer it, but since you are in florida, you might. I know with some leather things (belts, wallets, etc.) when you sweat, it starts to run a little. I've got several pairs of pants that have ring marks around the waist line where the belt was. Do you think these will do the same thing? It's really the only thing holding me back from getting this, as I'll be using it a lot during the hot summers here.

I haven't seen that, nor do I think it would happen. I have had it in my back pocket for 2 rounds and 1 day at the office (It did get sweaty out in the sun playing in FL.) I can say the paper book and scorecard have stayed dry inside. The book itself has never felt wet or did I think it was holding onto any moisture. In all fairness that isn't a huge sample size being just a couple rounds but I dont have any worry about it ruining any pair of pants/shorts (One round was in white shorts) I would suggest you email the company, they are very good with responding and I am sure they would be happy to help answer your question.

If you decide to get one I can't wait to see you post your custom creation!!! I am sure you will love it as much as I do.

I haven't seen that, nor do I think it would happen. I have had it in my back pocket for 2 rounds and 1 day at the office (It did get sweaty out in the sun playing in FL.) I can say the paper book and scorecard have stayed dry inside. The book itself has never felt wet or did I think it was holding onto any moisture. In all fairness that isn't a huge sample size being just a couple rounds but I dont have any worry about it ruining any pair of pants/shorts (One round was in white shorts) I would suggest you email the company, they are very good with responding and I am sure they would be happy to help answer your question.

If you decide to get one I can't wait to see you post your custom creation!!! I am sure you will love it as much as I do.

Thanks for the feedback. If they didn't mess up the white shorts, then it should be fine, but I'll send the company an email just in case. It may be closer to March/April when I get it. It looks like I may get it as a birthday present.

Thanks for the feedback. If they didn't mess up the white shorts, then it should be fine, but I'll send the company an email just in case. It may be closer to March/April when I get it. It looks like I may get it as a birthday present.

Well a early Happy Birthday to you. I am sure you will enjoy this as a gift to yourself.

Watching the Waste Management this week and saw that Keegan is utilizing a Tin Box Partners yardage book now. It is a white leather book with "JUPLIFE" sticking out of the pocket, for Jupiter Life, a saying all the Jupiter FL players use. On the front cover looks to be the Boston Celtics logo. Very nicely done. Definitely stands out on TV in his back pocket.

been tossing around snagging one of these for a while. i keep finding myself going to their site and looking at tons of pics. i just dunno how much i'd use it.

Back