Today I lost a friend

One-T

Skimming since Nov 2009
Reaction score
Handicap
Well THP, today is a sad day in my house. My 9 year old chocolate lab Riley has passed on. About a week ago she went from what we thought was healthy to being in very bad shape in a matter of so we took her to the vet where she was diagnosed with cancer. My wife got her as a tiny little puppy in college. She was one hell of a great dog. My wife is devastated because she lost a best friend. Riley will be missed!!! I am kind of at a loss for words right now. I am just torn up. and emotional. I just needed to get this off my chest.

PhonePics031.jpg

Sorry to hear this buddy, as always tough to lose a friend.

That's awful buddy. Sorry for your loss.

I am sorry to hear that dude. Losing a dog is never a good loss. They are always your best friend and happy to see you. Thinking about your family during this time dude.

She's in a better place right now pal. I'm sorry for you, and especially Callie. I know how much Riley meant to her and to you guys.

RIP Riley.

That's terrible bro, I remember when my chocolate lab passed when I was a child.

Thoughts are with you.

I'm sorry for your loss buddy...

thanks guys! She died on my way to the vet where Callie was waiting. She didnt get to say goodbye but she didnt have to make the choice of putting her to sleep. She went peacefully. Callie is a wreck right now.

That really sucks dude, I'm sorry to hear it.

As a guy with a chocolate lab I can understand the feeling. Amazing dogs.

RIP and if you need to talk just a PM away dude

Sorry to hear about this buddy. I know how hard it is to lose a pet.

So sorry to hear this man...we had to put our 12 year old Aussie to sleep earlier this year, so we certainly sympathize with what you all are going through.

Gutted for you man. Really sorry to hear about this. Best wishes to you guys.

Damn sorry to hear this dude. We have two dogs one of which is in that same age range. It would tear us up if one of those annoying dogs passed away in such a sudden manor as this. They are such a part of our lives I can understand how this must be hard. Great looking dog too.

I am very sorry to hear this Jarret, my thoughts are with your family man.

I'm So sorry to hear that One-T.... I LOVE chocolate Labs looks like Riley was a great dog. Sorry for your loss.

thanks guys! She died on my way to the vet where Callie was waiting. She didnt get to say goodbye but she didnt have to make the choice of putting her to sleep. She went peacefully. Callie is a wreck right now.

Oh man, if y'all need anything don't hesitate to ask.

Sorry bro! Dogs can find a special way into our hearts. Hopefully she is in a better place now.

Jeez, I'm sorry to hear it, man. Sounds like she was a great family member and will be missed.

Pet's truly are members of the family and I'm sorry for your loss One-T.

That sucks Jarret. Happened to me a couple years ago and it was like losing family. Focus more on the happy and good and it'll help with the pain.

That is terrible man I feel so bad for both you and Callie.. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Back